LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by aman49:
nm... college ftbl is so regionally biased its impossible to have a rational discussion on this

I don't support the SEC, I support Texas exclusively, but I watch. Anyone who doesn't think it's clearly the best conference over the last decade is the one being biased. It's only the pac12 guys who claim this bias. I'm sorry, but year in, year out the pac12 is the lousiest of the major conferences (i don't count big east as major) and that's all there is to it. I never hear of big10 guys complaining, they know first hand the SEC is better.
Silly rabbit... I'm an Ohio State fan

Also, the Pac12, year in and year out, IS underrated. Yes, the conference as a whole is usually not great, but year after year the top 2-3 teams in the conference get ignored because nobody outside the west coast bothers to watch their games.
nm... college ftbl is so regionally biased its impossible to have a rational discussion on this

I don't support the SEC, I support Texas exclusively, but I watch. Anyone who doesn't think it's clearly the best conference over the last decade is the one being biased. It's only the pac12 guys who claim this bias. I'm sorry, but year in, year out the pac12 is the lousiest of the major conferences (i don't count big east as major) and that's all there is to it. I never hear of big10 guys complaining, they know first hand the SEC is better.

Also, the Pac12, year in and year out, IS underrated. Yes, the conference as a whole is usually not great, but year after year the top 2-3 teams in the conference get ignored because nobody outside the west coast bothers to watch their games.

True statement.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Not true. Stanford and Oregon were hardly ignored last year. USC basically owned half of ESPN for 5 years. What other teams that were actually good have been ignored?
i remember when the Michigan/Ohio State game was a "de facto" national championship game ('06?). i think that's the year they voted Michigan out of the NC just because no one wanted to see a ramatch (wtf of a 40something to 40something game!!!).

everyone and their mom (not in the SEC) said Ohio State would roll over Florida that year..............

Not true. Stanford and Oregon were hardly ignored last year. USC basically owned half of ESPN for 5 years. What other teams that were actually good have been ignored?

How about Stanford THIS year?? They have dominated their competition, made it look easier than any other team in doing so, came into this season off a blowout win in a BCS game, and are getting ignored in favor of the same ol overrated SEC teams + Oklahoma.

How about Stanford THIS year?? They have dominated their competition, made it look easier than any other team in doing so, came into this season off a blowout win in a BCS game, and are getting ignored in favor of the same ol overrated SEC teams + Oklahoma.

Stanford hasn't played anyone. They SHOULD dominate. Calling the SEC overrated is pretty silly. 5 straight champions means they should be rated as the best.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Stanford hasn't played anyone. They SHOULD dominate. Calling the SEC overrated is pretty silly. 5 straight champions means they should be rated as the best.

The SEC is definitely not overrated. They are the champs, and will remain so until someone knocks them off consistently. I will agree though with Aman that the PAC 12 is not watched outside the west. As a Cali kid and CAL Fan, I have lived on all over the US and this side of the world could give two s**ts about most of the pacific teams. They are often on too late or not locally televised so nobody has real knowledge of the offense and defense they deliver. Colin Cowherd always talks about it.
  • zero
  • Veteran
45-3...part one of this is complete, now we all get to sit back and watch Alabama's response to this. They might score 70 on Tennessee

And no, Boise St. can't beat Alabama or LSU, not this year at least and that's not my bias coming out. They won't even be in the National Championship so there's no point in arguing it, not when you can only beat Air Force by 14 points at home. Wisconsin should/will jump them in the next BCS poll.
Originally posted by zero:
45-3...part one of this is complete, now we all get to sit back and watch Alabama's response to this. They might score 70 on Tennessee

And no, Boise St. can't beat Alabama or LSU, not this year at least and that's not my bias coming out. They won't even be in the National Championship so there's no point in arguing it, not when you can only beat Air Force by 14 points at home. Wisconsin should/will jump them in the next BCS poll.

Here's the problem with college football... we will never know.

nope
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
nope

New BCS poll will probably look something like this:

1) LSU
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma St.
4) Clemson
5) Stanford

Now, looking ahead, what if this happens?

OSU loses to Oklahoma
Stanford Loses to Oregon
Clemson Loses to Georgia Tech

Uh Oh... A lot of people around here that are butt hurt by SEC dominance are going to have blood curdling screams seeing this rematch as the National Championship
  • zero
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for zero.
13 days

New BCS poll will probably look something like this:

1) LSU
2) Bama
3) Oklahoma St.
4) Clemson
5) Stanford

Now, looking ahead, what if this happens?

OSU loses to Oklahoma
Stanford Loses to Oregon
Clemson Loses to Georgia Tech

Uh Oh... A lot of people around here that are butt hurt by SEC dominance are going to have blood curdling screams seeing this rematch as the National Championship

Here I will post the real one. And you are a homer man.

1 LSU
2 Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4 Boise State
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Zero do you have a favorite team or just root for the whole conference?
Share 49ersWebzone