LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

SEC Thread

Originally posted by zero:
Anyone with ESPN3 care to tell me how Mississippi State looks versus Memphis?

Not on there. It's on Fox Sports (but not in Florida ).
We're up 14-0, so we're doing something right!
24 points in 16 minutes. Guess they just needed to warm up.
  • zero
  • Veteran
OMG REALLY AUBIE???
  • zero
  • Veteran
Recap:

BSU 35 UGA 21: Expected, UGA shouldn't have been ranked
Kent St. 7 BAMA 42: Expected, Bama is one of the most superior teams in the nation
Oregon 27 LSU 40: Didn't think LSU would win by this margin. Goes to show you that SEC speed is no myth
Utah St. 38 AUBIE 42: Very surprised. Aubie might finish 4th in the SEC West if they don't get there defense figured out
ECU 37 SCAR 56: Expected, but was surprised at the beginning. Garcia calmed everyone down and all was right with the world
MOSU 7 ARKY 51: Expected
FAU 3 FLA 41: Expected
Memphis 14 MSST 59: Expected

So every ranked SEC team aside from Georgia which should have never been ranked anyway won. A great opening weekend for the best conference in the nation.

[ Edited by zero on Sep 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM ]
I'm an SEC fan but I don't know if there are any top notch QB's in the conference this season, that worries me.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by epdavis:
I'm an SEC fan but I don't know if there are any top notch QB's in the conference this season, that worries me.

All you need is a game manager, and an elite running game and defense. I can name three teams in the SEC that have those so I'm not worried. We should see 7 in a row with no problems
  • zero
  • Veteran
TM7 named Rivals SEC player of the week

• zero
  • Veteran
TAMU officially invited today, and I personally welcome the first ever SEC team from Texas. Question is, who's next and how will the other conferences respond? ?
Originally posted by zero:
TAMU officially invited today, and I personally welcome the first ever SEC team from Texas. Question is, who's next and how will the other conferences respond? ?
Don't get too excited yet. Looks like Baylor is threatening legal action and it will prolly put a hold on the move. Still got a lot of time to hash things out though. Every other conference is going to try to add a few teams. The heavy favorite to join the SEC with Texas A&M is FSU.

• zero
  • Veteran
9/10/12 Recap:

NWST 3 LSU 49: Expected. I don't even know where this directional school comes from????
BAMA 27 PSU 11:Don't let the score fool you, these gumps dominated an over matched Big 11 team the entire game
SCAR 45 UGA 42: Didn't expect a shootout but I'm not shocked to see UGA at 0-2 either
UNM 3 ARKY 52: Expected. To my knowledge nothing good has ever come from New Mexico.
MSST 34 AUBIE 41: Aubie grew a pair and upsets MSST at home
UAB 0 FLA 39: Expected

Another impressive win for an SEC team this week over an alleged non conference power and all the usual suspects winning makes this another good week for the best conference in the nation.
Great thread and nice work with the updates. SCAR n UGA game was a great game to watch. I just wanna thank God for letting me live in SEC country and enjoy the best there is in college football
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Great thread and nice work with the updates. SCAR n UGA game was a great game to watch. I just wanna thank God for letting me live in SEC country and enjoy the best there is in college football

i can not for the life of me cheer for s. garcia.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by fropwns:

only place they look good is on the mantle
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Sep 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone