There are 274 users in the forums

SEC Thread

FSU would go .500 in the SEC.

• zero
  • Veteran
That Ole Miss picture is perfect
^^heh, quite the jab at Ole Miss.

A&M is an ugly chick who thinks shes hot. She was hoping by getting a hot date, people wouldn't keep calling her ugly.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Good article about the SEC on ESPN today from Chris Low
Link

"We're not the only league that has great players. There are great players all over the country. But it's the best of the best in the SEC -- the best players, the best coaches, the best competition and the best place to come win a national championship."

Fu(king right!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
A&M is an ugly chick who thinks shes hot. She was hoping by getting a hot date, people wouldn't keep calling her ugly.

I am not a fan of ATM (at all) but I wouldn't call them an ugly chick.

At the end of the day A&M has a national title ring and 18 conference championships, 7 in the past three decades (same as Texas).
Are they the number one program out there? no. But they have a very good football history and a huge alumni base and following that all but a few of the elite schools would envy. Oh and PS they sit near one of the best recruiting areas in the country.

I still think they get their ticket punched and land in the SEC. This denial was about the SEC avoiding legal penalties associated with offering a school that is already in a Conference.

ATM's BOR just adjourned and granted their President full power to pursue Conference options.

I would expect ATM to formally apply in the next few weeks.
Originally posted by RogueStout:

At the end of the day A&M has a national title ring and 18 conference championships, 7 in the past three decades (same as Texas).
Are they the number one program out there? no. But they have a very good football history and a huge alumni base and following that all but a few of the elite schools would envy. Oh and PS they sit near one of the best recruiting areas in the country.

I still think they get their ticket punched and land in the SEC. This denial was about the SEC avoiding legal penalties associated with offering a school that is already in a Conference.

ATM's BOR just adjourned and granted their President full power to pursue Conference options.

Ever been to college station? Its a cult of militaristic UT rejects.

A lot has changed in the past 10 years and the aggies arent what they use to be
  • zero
  • Veteran
From the same people who did the A&M to the sec comic above

Best one IMO, Oklahoma eating a d!ck...LOL

I

Ever been to college station? Its a cult of militaristic UT rejects.

A lot has changed in the past 10 years and the aggies arent what they use to be
I'm not going to defend the dirt farmers, just pointing out that lack of recent success in their case doesn't make them an unattractive candidate to the SEC as I believe we will see over te next couple of weeks.
I hate the aggies, but I think they are going.
The statement was just to make sure there could be no lawsuits and no accusation of tamperingby the big12 later on...A&M will join the SEC and the big12 will have some tough choices to make.

A&M is by no means a 'hot chick' and I am a true aggie-hater, but they are a good school. The academics are better than most SEC schools, their sports teams are good across the board, though not spectacular in any one sport. They have a lot of alumni and a lot of money and their conservative mindset fits in with the SEC.

They are kind of cult-y and have male cheerleaders and a serious lack of attractive girls, but overall should fit in well.

• zero
  • Veteran
Well LSU vs. Oregon just got a little more interesting

News Release from BRPD:
quote:
The Baton Rouge Police Department has secured arrest warrants for , JORDAN JEFFERSON and JOSHUA JOHNS for the felony charge of SECOND DEGREE BATTERY.
We have contacted their Attorney Nathan Fisher and LSU Coach Les Miles and requested that these two individuals turn themselves in. They are in the process of making those arrangements.

News Release from LSU SID:
quote:
BATON ROUGE – Jordan Jefferson and Josh Johns have been suspended indefinitely from the LSU football team, head coach Les Miles announced on Friday.
Miles said that no timetable has been set on the suspension.
“Jordan and Josh have been suspended indefinitely,” Miles said. “We will continue to cooperate with the authorities in an effort to find out exactly what took place during the incident.
“As sad as this incident is, it’s important that we learn from this and that we take away a valuable lesson. This has weighed on all of us. It’s time for us to come together as a team and focus on what we are here to do.”

Asses...

I don't know if Mett is ready if Mr. INT Jarett Lee goes down..
Being named Josh Jordan makes that weird to read.

Bummer though, that could have been a really good game.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
A&M makes it official, leaving big12 after this season
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6912807/texas-aggies-tell-big-12-seek-new-conference
They milked this as long as possible to be in the news, now will go back to be irrelevant and even moreso after this year. Typical aggies: dumb. They could have just done this last year, when all the reasons they say they're leaving for where already there. Then we could have had the super conferences and a road to the playoff. Now this will stretch out for a few years. At least they can join the bottom feeders in the SEC that root more for the conference than a school so they can feel like they belong to something good.
I am not an A&M fan but I do live in TX & I think people are seriously underrating what a move to the SEC can do for A&M. Moving to the #1 conference & being in a state that has a TON of talent while no longer being in the shadow of Texas is a huge plus for A&M. They have big money alumni, enough history & clout to be a legitimate contender in the SEC imo.
Share 49ersWebzone