LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

SEC Thread

• zero
  • Veteran
Figured since we had a Pac-12 thread, I might as well start this.

USA Today Top 25 Pre Season Poll

1 Oklahoma (42) 0-0 1454
2 Alabama (13) 0-0 1414
3 Oregon (2) 0-0 1309
4 LSU (2) 0-0 1296
5 Florida State 0-0 1116
6 Stanford 0-0 1101
7 Boise State 0-0 1065
8 Oklahoma State 0-0 933
9 Texas A&M 0-0 885
10 Wisconsin 0-0 829
11 Nebraska 0-0 814
12 South Carolina 0-0 779
13 Virginia Tech 0-0 767
14 Arkansas 0-0 750
15 TCU 0-0 687
16 Ohio State 0-0 631
17 Michigan State 0-0 536
18 Notre Dame 0-0 440
19 Auburn 0-0 329
20 Mississippi State 0-0 301

21 Missouri 0-0 266
22 Georgia 0-0 260
23 Florida 0-0 240

24 Texas 0-0 162
25 Penn State 0-0 161

As you can see, the SEC controls almost 1/3 of the top 25 alone , and being a fellow alumni of this conference, I couldn't agree more.

28 Days 15 hours Until this happens: ESPN College Gameday to open year with LSU vs. Oregon

2011 SEC Media - Predicted Order of Finish

SEC CHAMPION
Alabama (98)
LSU (29)
Arkansas (18)
South Carolina (14)
Georgia (4)
Florida (2)
Ole Miss (2)

Eastern Division (First Place Votes), Team, Points
1, South Carolina (114), 931
2, Georgia (38), 794
3, Florida (12), 731
4, Tennessee (2), 496
5, Kentucky (1), 340
6, Vanderbilt, 215

Western Division (First Place Votes), Team, Points
1, Alabama (111), 925
2, LSU (30), 790
3, Arkansas (23), 717
4, Mississippi State (1), 455
5, Auburn, 406
6, Ole Miss (2), 214

Oh, and one more thing

Geaux Tigers

SEC sucks
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
SEC sucks

You jelly.

Go Dawgs! (The good ones, from Mississippi)
  • zero
  • Veteran

Originally posted by zero:

• zero
  • Veteran
One other game that's over looked is UGA vs. Boise State. Who wins this game? I'm actually going to go against my homerism and side with Boise in this one, but it's difficult. UGA actually has to stop a good QB this time and they tend to struggle when that happens.
  • zero
  • Veteran
The "Running of the Gumps" aka Alabama Media Day was Sunday as well

Here is the so called best defensive back field in the nation

and then there's this

You live in the south, zero?
[URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/view/155630/ric-flair-woooooo.html][IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=155630&t=o[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/]GIFSoup[/URL]

• zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
You live in the south, zero?

Dallas for about another three weeks, then I'm moving to Wyoming. Doing the whole career switch thing since architecture is a little to scary and unstable these days
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Aggies threatening to bolt to the SEC again. Chumps. That's all the SEC needs, more talent to recruit in Texas. Aggies sure are dumb. They treaded water in the Big12, they'll get absolutely steamrolled in the SEC annually.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Aggies threatening to bolt to the SEC again. Chumps. That's all the SEC needs, more talent to recruit in Texas. Aggies sure are dumb. They treaded water in the Big12, they'll get absolutely steamrolled in the SEC annually.

I think its a good move by them. Its the only chance they have of moving out from Texas' shadow. Yeah they will get beaten to a bloody pulp at first, but I think they could rise to be a mediocre program in the SEC where all the Texas kids can go to stay in-state and play in the "elite" conference.
One other game that's over looked is UGA vs. Boise State. Who wins this game? I'm actually going to go against my homerism and side with Boise in this one, but it's difficult. UGA actually has to stop a good QB this time and they tend to struggle when that happens.

I'm going with Boise State. I think UGA being ranked is kind of ridiculous, I mean they lost to Colorado last year and went 6-6.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TX9R:

I think its a good move by them. Its the only chance they have of moving out from Texas' shadow. Yeah they will get beaten to a bloody pulp at first, but I think they could rise to be a mediocre program in the SEC where all the Texas kids can go to stay in-state and play in the "elite" conference.

I'm going with Boise State. I think UGA being ranked is kind of ridiculous, I mean they lost to Colorado last year and went 6-6.

I actually agree with you about A&M. They'd fit in pretty well in the SEC, and they'd probably make more money riding the middle of the SEC West than they would in the middle of the Big 12 South. It definitely wouldn't be a negative for recruiting either. The only downside is a tougher schedule with the SEC schedule and an annual game against Texas.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I actually agree with you about A&M. They'd fit in pretty well in the SEC, and they'd probably make more money riding the middle of the SEC West than they would in the middle of the Big 12 South. It definitely wouldn't be a negative for recruiting either. The only downside is a tougher schedule with the SEC schedule and an annual game against Texas.

SEC East would have to find another school then to balance things out. I heard a rumor about Clemson maybe being the mix but having two death valleys in one conference would be piss me off (LSU Homer). Its a good move by A&M IMO, considering the BEVO network will dilute the Big-12's revenue a little more.
Share 49ersWebzone