LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Who is the biggest waste of talent in NBA history?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Which NBA player is the biggest waste of talent in NBA history?

I'm not counting the guys who couldn't meet their potential due to deaths or injuries, guys like Len Bias or Jay Williams.

I mean the guys who just coasted through their careers, compeltely lacked work ethic and drive, and completely failed to maximize their talents for one reason or another.

Vince Carter
Derrick Coleman
Rasheed Wallace
Lamar Odom
Michael Ray Richardson
Baron Davis

Chris Washburn?

JB Carroll?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Roy Tarpley, brought down by drug addiction.
how is lamar odom up there and not kwame brown/Michael Olowokandi?
Originally posted by kujon11:

I was just going to say kwame brown
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Stromile Swift, Tyrus Thomas, Darko, when I was younger I remember Randy White and Doug Smith.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Stromile Swift, Tyrus Thomas, Darko, when I was younger I remember Randy White and Doug Smith.

i think darko still has a chance
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Christian Leatner
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:

i think darko still has a chance

To do what LOL
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Ralph Sampson

JR Rider should be mentioned as well. Doubt he's number 1 when you consider guys like Derrick Coleman and others. Still though, he had the talent to become a special player. Just was a complete idiot and always found ways to alienate himself from his team and was constantly in trouble with the law. dumbass.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

I was just going to say kwame brown

lol Kwame? he isn't a talent, the guy couldnt peel an orange and feed it to himself without it fumbling to the ground, let alone hold a basketball during a pivot. Look he has the body of a great basketball player, but NOT the talent. this thread should be kept for the athletic freaks and shoulda been good players that either didnt work hard enough, smoked too much weed, or were criminals.
Rasheed Wallace won a championship so I wouldn't consider him a waste.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Shawn Kemp - could have been a super-star, but outside of couple years of all-star performances, under-achieved his whole career. Started declining in his late 20s when he had weight and drug issues.
just read an article about JR rider and jason kidd last week.. two cats from the bay area.. different backgrounds.. a lot of people were saying JR was more athletic and had more upside.. but obviously their careers went in different directions.. we all know what JR got caught up in.. i remember my homie who is a bart cop saw him on the train lookin' tweaked out a couple years back..

[ Edited by bayarealuv on Jun 16, 2011 at 08:49:52 ]
Share 49ersWebzone