There are 227 users in the forums

Who is the biggest waste of talent in NBA history?

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
just read an article about JR rider and jason kidd last week.. two cats from the bay area.. different backgrounds.. a lot of people were saying JR was more athletic and had more upside.. but obviously their careers went in different directions.. we all know what JR got caught up in.. i remember my homie who is a bart cop saw him on the train lookin' tweaked out a couple years back..

here's the article.. good read

Fallen Rider
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:
Rasheed Wallace won a championship so I wouldn't consider him a waste.

they didnt win b/c of him though
Of the guys that weren't derailed by drugs or alcohol and were just plain lazy, Baron Davis, Darko Milicic, Benoit Benjamin & Billy Owens are the four that come to mind.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 16, 2011 at 09:00:46 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Vince Carter was a waste of talent?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Ummm...yeah they kinda did.

Rasheed was acquired in 04 mid season. Prior to that, Pistons were a very good team, but not a championship winning team. He put them over the top.

If he would've kept playing hard and posted up more often rather than always wanting to shoot 3's, the Pistons may have won 1 or 2 more championships.
Originally posted by Amir:

Rasheed was acquired in 04 mid season. Prior to that, Pistons were a very good team, but not a championship winning team. He put them over the top.

If he would've kept playing hard and posted up more often rather than always wanting to shoot 3's, the Pistons may have won 1 or 2 more championships.

The Blazers woulda been the 2000 NBA Champs had he done that as well. As a Laker fan, Sheed terrified me. We had an ancient AC Green as our starting PF, and just about every time Sheed posted him up, he scored. It was uncanny.

He just didn't do it more than a couple of times a quarter.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 16, 2011 at 09:04:49 ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Amir:

The Blazers woulda been the 2000 NBA Champs had he done that as well. As a Laker fan, Sheed terrified me. We had an ancient AC Green as our starting PF, and just about every time Sheed posted him up, he scored. It was uncanny.

He just didn't do it more than a couple of times a quarter.

Exactly. Dude was a great defender and had an amazing post game. With his height/reach, he was virtually unguardable/ublockable in the low post. Don't know why he didn't do it more often. I guess everyone wants to be a shooter.
Shawn Kemp has to be up there. How about Tracy McGrady? If he had the worth ethic of some other guys he could have been a lot better. I know injuries eventually got to him, but in his prime he could have been even better. I know he recently came out and said he wasn't into practice. I can only imagine how good he could have been if he had put the work in that many other great players do.

[ Edited by saniner on Jun 16, 2011 at 09:19:59 ]
Marbury's another guy that comes to mind.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Shawn Kemp has to be up there. How about Tracy McGrady? If he had the worth ethic of some other guys he could have been a lot better. I know injuries eventually got to him, but in his prime he could have been even better. I know he recently came out and said he wasn't into practice. I can only imagine how good he could have been if he had put the work in that many other great players do.

t-mac went straight down hill when he left orlando

Also, Stephon Marbury and Darius Miles
Originally posted by jrg:

He was one of my favorite players to watch. I thought he would be better than Kobe at some point
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Also, Stephon Marbury and Darius Miles

haha i remember darius miles...him and ricky davis
  • jrg
  • Veteran

He was one of my favorite players to watch. I thought he would be better than Kobe at some point

same here. haha i remember back in high school arguing people that mcgrady was better then kobe and terrell owens was better then randy moss.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

same here. haha i remember back in high school arguing people that mcgrady was better then kobe and terrell owens was better then randy moss.

I actually thought that one point too. Boy was I wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone