LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Who is the biggest waste of talent in NBA history?

Steve Francis and Shawn Bradley.

No name some not already named.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Len bias, Chris Washburn,Ralph sampson

Ralph Sampson was amazing until his knees gave way.

Yeah I don't get that one. He led his team to within 1 game a a ring. And he hardly wasted any talent. His talent was being born 7'5.

Sampson was hyped as the next Kareem when he came out but yeah injuries to his knees screwed his career, especially when he got to the Warriors.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Guy was an over grown tooth pick, like if you took a marathon runner and made him two feet taller, he probably didn't have the genetics to put on muscle, and was clumsy, which probably can't be overcome. I wouldn't put him on the waste of talent list, he never really had any, he was just very tall.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
How was Vince Carter a waste of talent?

If you compare his career accomplishments to that of an average player, obviously Vince looks impressive.

But if you compare Vince Carter's accomplishments to his talent level, I'm not sure I can think of a more disappointing player.

He completely failed to maximize his talent.
BRANDON ROY

rookie of the year and then 3 straight all star games and then his knees die and they say he will never regain form. Tragic
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Shawn Kemp - could have been a super-star, but outside of couple years of all-star performances, under-achieved his whole career. Started declining in his late 20s when he had weight and drug issues.

Cocain is a hell of a drug......and Kwame Brown tops this list....
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Lamar Odom and Vince Carter are the first to mind.

THIS

maybe it's all the candy he eats
Originally posted by BobS:

Guy was an over grown tooth pick, like if you took a marathon runner and made him two feet taller, he probably didn't have the genetics to put on muscle, and was clumsy, which probably can't be overcome. I wouldn't put him on the waste of talent list, he never really had any, he was just very tall.

Some said he could dominate the NBA with his height and athletic ability. He put up some pretty impressive performances early, especially in the block dept. And he was able to put up points and rebounds, but was SO inconsistent in doing so
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Shawn Kemp - could have been a super-star, but outside of couple years of all-star performances, under-achieved his whole career. Started declining in his late 20s when he had weight and drug issues.

Shawn Bradley fulfilled his talent he got dunked on by so many people you could boxset of them.

Francis was never the same after he went to Orlando, in Houston he was full of potential but the trade messed with him.

Oliver Miller is up there. Dude had tons of talent, but was massively overweight, and never dedicated himself to getting in shape.

Share 49ersWebzone