LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Why are the A's having an MC Hammer Booblehead Day??

Cuz he used to be a batboy for the team when he was a kid.

Weak!

This is only ok if they have a Too Short bobblehead day as well.
4-0

Im liking Andy Laroche
f**king McCarthy... We give him 5 runs and he f**ks us
Originally posted by socalfan21:

are you drunk?? McCarthy pitched a GREAT game. just 2 earned runs in 8 innings
Kouz and Barton screwed him and us with their errors
2 ERs in 8 innings is great!

this teams defence is pathetic though
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

We still earn the L... Sorry pal we need to play perfect to win IMO and I dont see it happening hopefully I'm wrong

We still earn the L... Sorry pal we need to play perfect to win IMO and I dont see it happening hopefully I'm wrong

You guys have great pitching and a bunch of new bats trying to get acclimated in the new lineup. Give em' a chance, I still think A's take the west this year
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

You guys have great pitching and a bunch of new bats trying to get acclimated in the new lineup. Give em' a chance, I still think A's take the west this year

Right now our bullpen and defense are the things that have really hurt us. Our defense was really good last year so you gotta believe it will get better. Our bullpen was solid last year and we added in two pretty good relievers to the mix, so with the return of Bailey and the return to health of Breslow, Wuertz and hopefully Devine it should be as lockdown as it was anticipated at the beginning of the year.

I still think we need one more middle of the order hitter (if only players like Beltre thought Oakland was an adequate place to play) to be a strong competitor. Maybe Barton can develop more and pick up some of the slack. Maybe we'll get a hitter at the deadline to push us over the top.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Right now our bullpen and defense are the things that have really hurt us. Our defense was really good last year so you gotta believe it will get better. Our bullpen was solid last year and we added in two pretty good relievers to the mix, so with the return of Bailey and the return to health of Breslow, Wuertz and hopefully Devine it should be as lockdown as it was anticipated at the beginning of the year.

I still think we need one more middle of the order hitter (if only players like Beltre thought Oakland was an adequate place to play) to be a strong competitor. Maybe Barton can develop more and pick up some of the slack. Maybe we'll get a hitter at the deadline to push us over the top.

I still feel Carter is that guy... I wish we could find a spot for him. I still am not sold on Bartons "potential"... I jus don't think he's good or ever will be
Here we go again...
its still too early in the season to judge them..

But were already 5 games out of the division

Cahill pitching a gem... Jus gave up a run... That sadly enough will probably be the ballgame
A's win thanks to mistakes by the jays. Cahill pitched a beaut. I think he could be a cy young candidate only if the A's could manufacture runs for our great pitching staff
1pm game versus the Twinkies today. Their home opener.
Cahill = one of the best pitchers most people haven't heard of. Potential Cy Young award(s) in his future for sure.
Perfect outing for Anderson is wasted. Excellent... f**k this team.
Share 49ersWebzone