LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

chris Carter optioned to AAA :(
I'm gonna be honest and tell you straight up I'm a Giants die-hard from a family of Giants fans, but I do think the A's will take the division. The biggest obstacle the A's need to overcome isn't the Angels or Rangers its Bob Geren, I don't trust him with that pitching staff he has no idea how to manage pitching staff let alone a bullpen. While I didn't like Bochy's veteran bias, I always loved his management of the bullpen. I can't help but feel Geren will burn out one of these pitchers he has no idea what the hell he's doing out there.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I'm gonna be honest and tell you straight up I'm a Giants die-hard from a family of Giants fans, but I do think the A's will take the division. The biggest obstacle the A's need to overcome isn't the Angels or Rangers its Bob Geren, I don't trust him with that pitching staff he has no idea how to manage pitching staff let alone a bullpen. While I didn't like Bochy's veteran bias, I always loved his management of the bullpen. I can't help but feel Geren will burn out one of these pitchers he has no idea what the hell he's doing out there.

Yeah Im not a big fan of Geren either
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

Yeah Im not a big fan of Geren either

That pitching staff is a little reminiscent of the how the Giants started as well, maybe even a little more deep.

Although you guys don't have a Lincecum, Anderson and Cahill remind me a lot of Cain, although Anderson's stuff will get him more strikeouts.

Gio Gonzalez reminds me a lot of Sanchez, and he is definitely more along than Sanchez was at that point of his career.

Your offense is just a little to sketch for me to confidently pick them to win the division, however, I do believe you guys will take the west.

Matsui, DeJesus and Willingham are all great additions. But just wondering, who is going to start in the OF with Crisp, Matsui, Willingham, Dejesus and Sweeny??? That is a crowded OF, but I am assuming that Matsui will DH
Brandon McCarthy to be our 5th starter in our pitching rotation
I can tell that the season is about to begin. I was driving on 880 the other day, and the tarp is up...

I love the tarp.
Got my tickets and my puff coat ready for the season opener on Friday night.
Originally posted by Jigga:

You're not gonna need that puff coat. It's not gonna get that cold.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm so used to freezing my nutz off at A's night games. The weather's been awesome this week.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm so used to freezing my nutz off at A's night games. The weather's been awesome this week.

Yeah i remember going to the home opener last year, it was pretty damn cold

I really wanted to go tomorrow but im not going to ):
hope you have fun

Willingham!!!
The games not on TV???

how sad.. it's our freaken home opener
Did geren jus take Trevor out?! Lmao
Same ol f**king A's
[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Apr 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone