LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

Theres gotta be some A's fans here

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM ]
A's Daric Barton now a lean, mean hacking machine

Barton came into spring camp with a new physique. The A's first baseman believes he has added about 15 pounds of muscle while losing 10 pounds of fat, based on his body fat decrease - he's down 4 percent after strenuous workouts this offseason with Southern California trainer Brad Davidson.

The A's, of course, love what Barton does bring, even without large homer totals. He led the league in walks last year, and his defensive work is outstanding.

• kw49
  • Veteran
A's fan here. Go A's!!!
Our 1st spring training game is tomorrow
Suzuki hit 13 homers not 3
Cocoa Crisp Arrest for DUI offense

how can any of you root for an oakland team?
I just returned from a weekend of Spring Training. I caught the A's vs. Giants game in Phoenix on Saturday. Only a few of the regulars played, but here are my observations on a few of the young guys:

Brett Anderson: Stud. Nuff said.

De Los Santos: Really the only pitcher that got into any trouble, but the Giants never got anything across. He left with the bases loaded and Ziggy bailed him out with an inning-ending DP. DLS still throws pretty hard, despite the previous injury/surgery.

Michael Choice: Went 2-4. Looks fairly confident & composed at the plate. He's a tough AB. Runs really well. Lost a high fly ball in the sun (everyone in LF that day was battling it). LOL I have a feeling that he'll ascend through the minors fairly quickly, as his bat speed and contact consistency look good. The fielding is a non-issue. Dude has a good amount of upside.

Michael Taylor: Big, tall dude. But as we discussed last season, he doesn't display a lot of power. I can't figure it out. Lanky in the outfield. Decent arm. I left a lil unimpressed with him.

Joey Devine: Looked sharp. Definitely has closer-type stuff.
Originally posted by Jigga:
I just returned from a weekend of Spring Training. I caught the A's vs. Giants game in Phoenix on Saturday. Only a few of the regulars played, but here are my observations on a few of the young guys:

Brett Anderson: Stud. Nuff said.

De Los Santos: Really the only pitcher that got into any trouble, but the Giants never got anything across. He left with the bases loaded and Ziggy bailed him out with an inning-ending DP. DLS still throws pretty hard, despite the previous injury/surgery.

Michael Choice: Went 2-4. Looks fairly confident & composed at the plate. He's a tough AB. Runs really well. Lost a high fly ball in the sun (everyone in LF that day was battling it). LOL I have a feeling that he'll ascend through the minors fairly quickly, as his bat speed and contact consistency look good. The fielding is a non-issue. Dude has a good amount of upside.

Michael Taylor: Big, tall dude. But as we discussed last season, he doesn't display a lot of power. I can't figure it out. Lanky in the outfield. Decent arm. I left a lil unimpressed with him.

Joey Devine: Looked sharp. Definitely has closer-type stuff.

nice

This was posted on the MB me and pride post at now but thought I would share it with the few poor orphaned A's fans.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/03/quick-hits-choice-royals-feliz-posey-lawrie.html

God I hope Choice keeps it up. It would be so nice to have a legit bat for once.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
This was posted on the MB me and pride post at now but thought I would share it with the few poor orphaned A's fans.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/03/quick-hits-choice-royals-feliz-posey-lawrie.html

God I hope Choice keeps it up. It would be so nice to have a legit bat for once.

Even so, Beane will trade him for 3 prospects as soon as hes worth something.

Carlos Gonzalez should still been in an A's uniform.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM ]
Devine struggled mightily in yesterday's game. Dude walked 4 out of the 5 batters that he saw. He throws hard, but apparently still has some control issues to straighten out. Hopefully, he can return to his 2008 form one day. I forget where he played then, but he was nails that year.
Cahill had a good game today, 4 shutout inning
Originally posted by Jigga:
Devine struggled mightily in yesterday's game. Dude walked 4 out of the 5 batters that he saw. He throws hard, but apparently still has some control issues to straighten out. Hopefully, he can return to his 2008 form one day. I forget where he played then, but he was nails that year.

It was with us lol. 45.2 IP, 49 K, .59 ERA, .83 WHIP.

Too bad Garen managed to blow Devine's arm out.
Share 49ersWebzone