There are 420 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Oakland A's Thread

We are 12.5 games back now? Jeez, I thought it was still around 7. Oh well, there is always next year...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
We are 12.5 games back now? Jeez, I thought it was still around 7. Oh well, there is always next year...

Yeah, the sweep in Texas was the "buy or sell" series of this season. At least we aren't waiting around with any sort of false hope for this season.
Colby Rasmus for Gio Gonzalez
Originally posted by jrg:

lulz
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:

lulz

Trade Gio to the Yankees for Jesus Montero and another higher end prospect.

Trade Suzuki while he still has stock to a team wanting a catcher. Get back prospects.

Boom. Team gets better.
I think that the main thing is for A's fans to NOT fall in love with anyone on the roster right now.

I really REALLY like Cahill, Gio, Weeks...but yeah, if the right deal comes along (especially with a NL team), we gotta be open to listening. Teams are gonna want players that we covet. It's just best if Beane gets fair value for what we're giving away.

Willingham
Coco
Balfour
Bailey
Fuentes (yes, even him)
Matsui

That's order in which I think our veterans will or might get dealt.
DeJesus is batting over .300 since the Break. Add him to the list, as his contract expires after the season.
we f**ked up Shields tonight... that was refreshing.
Heard Barton had a torn labrum that he suffered back in April. WTF dude why didn't you tell anybody?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Heard Barton had a torn labrum that he suffered back in April. WTF dude why didn't you tell anybody?

Because he's an idiot

Because he's an idiot

I read a story regarding him and Kouz in AAA. His tone in that interview sounded so discouraged. Dude sounds like he's uncertain whether he'll be in baseball at all next year.
Originally posted by Jigga:

Because he's an idiot

I read a story regarding him and Kouz in AAA. His tone in that interview sounded so discouraged. Dude sounds like he's uncertain whether he'll be in baseball at all next year.

What a b***h. If true he pretty much stole money from the A's.
Zieegs sent to The Dbacks for 1B Brandon Allen and P Jordan Norberto
A's up for sale? Just heard on the news