LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 452 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
This team is straight up garbage

WTF happened to were going to help our pitching win games by defense?

So coco crisp, dejesus, pennington, barton, ellis, kouzmanoff, were supposed to make us an elite defensive team. And were 3rd in the league with Errors

Terrible hitting
+Terrible defense
+Good pitching
= Most BORING team in baseball

sick of this team. We either get blown out or lose 2-1.
I hope this team gets contracted

Contracted? Lol hold the phone I'm lobbying for a move outta Oakland personally... Hopefully San Jose... Anything that will get some revenue

lol real talk though we gotta get the hell out of overstock.com () coliseum

everything about this team sucks
Hitting, defense , the players, the manager, the general manager, the stadium
So I think its the time of the year we trade all our good players away

Goodbye Willingham, Balfour, Coco, etc

lol i just realized willingham's batting .234, and hes our best hitter
[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM ]
This paragraph is EXACTLY why we suck

Quote:
Sizemore homered in the second to put the A's on the board, but Kinsler and Beltre homered in their half of the second to put more runs on the board for Texas. Things were quiet until the fourth, when a Crisp walk, a Willingham single, and a Sizemore walk loaded the bases for the A's. Hey, thanks for trying. A double-play by Jackson brought home one run, but it killed the rally. I mean, I can't make this stuff up!

More fun in the sixth! The A's had a promising start with a bunt single by DeJesus, a stolen base, a passed ball, an RBI single by Coco, and an RBI double by Willingham, but just as soon as you started to feel a slight stirring of hope, Sizemore, Jackson and Sweeney struck out, back-to-back-to-back. Nice work

The A's would put one last teAse on in the ninth as Jackson walked, Sweeney singled, and Kurt Suzuki
(who I think looks awful; your mileage may vary) couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag on the 3-1 count (he popped up foul), refused to walk; instead sending ball four into a rally-killing double-play.

Seriously...its not even funny
[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jul 8, 2011 at 10:41 PM ]
Not going to another game on this road trip. It's HOT as hell in Dallas (106 yesterday) and we look like sh*t.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Not going to another game on this road trip. It's HOT as hell in Dallas (106 yesterday) and we look like sh*t.

lol i dont blame you. i get sick watching the damn game
F**k it! I'm heading into Arlington again today. Consider me a masochist.
Originally posted by Jigga:
F**k it! I'm heading into Arlington again today. Consider me a masochist.

As some of you guys predict, 4-game sweep in Arlington = Blow up the ship!

6 hits...no run support for Cahill (who only made one crucial mistake today)...same story all season long.

What's next??? Once again, this is the time of the year where Billy Beane's name gets brought up in every A's conversation.
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
This team is straight up garbage

WTF happened to were going to help our pitching win games by defense?

So coco crisp, dejesus, pennington, barton, ellis, kouzmanoff, were supposed to make us an elite defensive team. And were 3rd in the league with Errors

Terrible hitting
+Terrible defense
+Good pitching
= Most BORING team in baseball

sick of this team. We either get blown out or lose 2-1.
I hope this team gets contracted

Contracted? Lol hold the phone I'm lobbying for a move outta Oakland personally... Hopefully San Jose... Anything that will get some revenue

I think Sacramento would welcome you guys.
Let's get rid of everyone not named Cahill, Gio, Bailey

We'll take Anderson off your hands then

Maybe Crisp and Weeks too

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Weeks in my eyes is a no brainer to keep. Kinda common sense I thought it was implied I didn't mention the rooks on the team. We would trade Anderson for the right price. At least I would.

Weeks in my eyes is a no brainer to keep. Kinda common sense I thought it was implied I didn't mention the rooks on the team. We would trade Anderson for the right price. At least I would.

I would take crisp off your hands....

Anderson has a lot of ability but until he can show that he can stay on the field over an entire year his trade value wont be as high as it should be. I doubt he gets traded.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Anderson has a lot of ability but until he can show that he can stay on the field over an entire year his trade value wont be as high as it should be. I doubt he gets traded.

Bingo
We're goin on a run, dammit!

(((puts down the pipe)))
Share 49ersWebzone