There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greatest Athlete of All Time (Pol)

Greatest Athlete of All Time (Pol)

You may have to add Lance Armstrong to that list.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Rasheed wasn't on the Celtics when they won a few years ago...your credibility is shot now

/thread

God help me for asking this, but are guys like Rasheed Wallace, Andrew Bynum, & Pau Gasol better than Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Rasheed wasn't on the Celtics when they won a few years ago...your credibility is shot now

/thread

God help me for asking this, but are guys like Rasheed Wallace, Andrew Bynum, & Pau Gasol better than Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman?

I don't think so - actually, and it would depend upon the roster, but more often than not I'd take Rodman over anybody on that list. You're getting top notch rebounding, top notch defense, and top notch hair dye!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Rasheed wasn't on the Celtics when they won a few years ago...your credibility is shot now

/thread

God help me for asking this, but are guys like Rasheed Wallace, Andrew Bynum, & Pau Gasol better than Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman?

I don't think so - actually, and it would depend upon the roster, but more often than not I'd take Rodman over anybody on that list. You're getting top notch rebounding, top notch defense, and top notch hair dye!

I agree with SixthRing - Dennis Rodman > all those guys...

Bynum is made of glass and Pau looks like a retard...but they both play for the lakers so I hate them anyways...

Rodman over all those guys FOR SURE
Pol
I'm voting Bo Jackson. That guy could have done ANYTHING he wanted to do. Too bad injuries derailed his career.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Rasheed wasn't on the Celtics when they won a few years ago...your credibility is shot now

/thread

God help me for asking this, but are guys like Rasheed Wallace, Andrew Bynum, & Pau Gasol better than Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman?

Depends. Rodman as a piston counts as a good big man, but Rodman as a Bull does not.
Today is a sad day for me. I really thought you guys would be realistic here.

I see some of you naming Gretsky? Comeon! or calling for Bo Jackson? whas he ever the best at either sport?

Babe Ruth is a legend and IMO the greatest baseball player ever but you have to look at the eras here no way Ruth dominates like he did in any other era. He was just adhead of his time a HR hitter before there really were HR hitters.

Nobody EVER dominated their sport like Jordan nobody ever has or ever will.

The end all of this debate is simple there is no other sport where the greatest of all time is not disputed other than basketball where everyone agress the GOAT is Michael Jordan.
Really?

Why didn't you just make the poll options:

Michael Jordan
No one else

  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by matt49er:
Today is a sad day for me. I really thought you guys would be realistic here.

I see some of you naming Gretsky? Comeon! or calling for Bo Jackson? whas he ever the best at either sport?

Babe Ruth is a legend and IMO the greatest baseball player ever but you have to look at the eras here no way Ruth dominates like he did in any other era. He was just adhead of his time a HR hitter before there really were HR hitters.

Nobody EVER dominated their sport like Jordan nobody ever has or ever will.

The end all of this debate is simple there is no other sport where the greatest of all time is not disputed other than basketball where everyone agress the GOAT is Michael Jordan.


False
Originally posted by matt49er:
Today is a sad day for me. I really thought you guys would be realistic here.

I see some of you naming Gretsky? Comeon! or calling for Bo Jackson? whas he ever the best at either sport?

Babe Ruth is a legend and IMO the greatest baseball player ever but you have to look at the eras here no way Ruth dominates like he did in any other era. He was just adhead of his time a HR hitter before there really were HR hitters.

Nobody EVER dominated their sport like Jordan nobody ever has or ever will.

The end all of this debate is simple there is no other sport where the greatest of all time is not disputed other than basketball where everyone agress the GOAT is Michael Jordan.

Tiger Woods dislikes this.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,814
Why are you not including track and field athletes or more multiple sports athletes?
I am going to vote for Jim Thorpe, look him up. I know early athletes get no respect around here, other than Babe Ruth. What about someone like Edwin Moses, he won over 100 straight 400 meter hurdle finals spanning over 10 years? Bruce Jenner?
Set a record for most decathlon points?
In terms of one of the best athletes ever I gotta give Herschel Walker a nod. The guy was a stud back in the day in the NFL and now he's doing ok in MMA at like 48 which is pretty damn impressive in my books.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
In terms of one of the best athletes ever I gotta give Herschel Walker a nod. The guy was a stud back in the day in the NFL and now he's doing ok in MMA at like 48 which is pretty damn impressive in my books.

Come on. I thought you were gonna be serious.

Michael Jordan! Hello!!!