LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Blake Griffin

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Put Blake Griffin on the Warriors at PF instead of David Lee and they are a playoff team. He is just a monster.

I agree, although the Dubs might be anyway. I've always liked guys that can dominate without having plays run for them, and that's what Griffin does.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Put Blake Griffin on the Warriors at PF instead of David Lee and they are a playoff team. He is just a monster.

I agree, although the Dubs might be anyway. I've always liked guys that can dominate without having plays run for them, and that's what Griffin does.

Besides his obvious athletic skills I also love his fire and intensity. He is the real deal.

Pete... if all players in the NBA were available for a draft how would you rank the top 5?

Im thinking:
1) LeBron
2) Durant
3) Griffin
4) Howard
5) Wade

Why David Lee? Exchange Griffin with Beidrins instead since Lee has value!

Besides his obvious athletic skills I also love his fire and intensity. He is the real deal.

Pete... if all players in the NBA were available for a draft how would you rank the top 5?

Im thinking:
1) LeBron
2) Durant
3) Griffin
4) Howard
5) Wade

Am I starting a team from scratch? If so...

1) LeBron
2) Howard
3) Durant
4) Griffin
5) Wade

I think my opinion of Howard is higher than most. He's great on the defensive end and solid (and improving) on the offensive end. I also think that you can find a lot more great wing players in the league, but the list of big men that can really control a game is pretty short.

So if I was drafting a team, I'd take the rarer commodity and pick up a lesser (but still good) wing later on.

I don't know if this was just a dig a LeBron, but when asked this same question last year, Phil Jackson picked Howard as his #1 guy.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM ]

Im thinking:
1) LeBron
2) Durant
3) Griffin
4) Howard
5) Wade

Am I starting a team from scratch? If so...

1) LeBron
2) Howard
3) Durant
4) Griffin
5) Wade

I think my opinion of Howard is higher than most. He's great on the defensive end and solid (and improving) on the offensive end. I also think that you can find a lot more great wing players in the league, but the list of big men that can really control a game is pretty short.

So if I was drafting a team, I'd take the rarer commodity and pick up a lesser (but still good) wing later on.

I don't know if this was just a dig a LeBron, but when asked this same question last year, Phil Jackson picked Howard as his #1 guy.

I can buy that. Howard probably should be higher than 4 now that I really think about it. We do have the same 5 guys though. Great minds think alike!

I wish...
I can buy that. Howard probably should be higher than 4 now that I really think about it. We do have the same 5 guys though. Great minds think alike!

Haha. Actually, I thought you were talking about those 5 guys. If I had my choice of anyone in the league, it would be the same except I'd have Derrick Rose or Deron Williams in the 5 spot instead of D-Wade. Believe it or not, Wade turns 29 on Monday. He's not as young as people think. I'm a fan of his, but I wouldn't pick him to start a franchise since he hasn't developed a post game that I think is necessary when great wing players lose their athleticism.

Guys like that can drop off of a cliff very quickly due to injuries and age.

Haha. Actually, I thought you were talking about those 5 guys. If I had my choice of anyone in the league, it would be the same except I'd have Derrick Rose or Deron Williams in the 5 spot instead of D-Wade. Believe it or not, Wade turns 29 on Monday. He's not as young as people think. I'm a fan of his, but I wouldn't pick him to start a franchise since he hasn't developed a post game that I think is necessary when great wing players lose their athleticism.

Guys like that can drop off of a cliff very quickly due to injuries and age.

OK.. so you arent as smart as I thought. LOL There certainly is a drop off after the top 4 though. It just speaks to the lack of great big men in the NBA.
OK.. so you arent as smart as I thought. LOL There certainly is a drop off after the top 4 though. It just speaks to the lack of great big men in the NBA.

It does. As I've said before, I think the zone defense rule has legislated a lot of big man play out of the game on the offensive end. Since the implementation of the zone defense rule in 2001, big men's field goal attempts are down.

Even a guy like Gasol, who has a very polished offensive game, has never averaged 15 shots per game in a year. (even in Memphis)
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]

It does. As I've said before, I think the zone defense rule has legislated a lot of big man play out of the game on the offensive end. Since the implementation of the zone defense rule in 2001, big men's field goal attempts are down.

Even a guy like Gasol, who has a very polished offensive game, has never averaged 15 shots per game in a year. (even in Memphis)

I think that is an excellent point. However, I dont think Hakeem, Shaq in his early days, Kareem, Wilt, Ewing, or the other great centers of days past would have difficulties. I just dont see any big men (centers) with great offensive games anymore. Shaq is the last center that was a true force on the offensive end and its been 19 years since he came into the league.

I think that is an excellent point. However, I dont think Hakeem, Shaq in his early days, Kareem, Wilt, Ewing, or the other great centers of days past would have difficulties. I just dont see any big men (centers) with great offensive games anymore. Shaq is the last center that was a true force on the offensive end and its been 19 years since he came into the league.

I don't think they'd struggle either, I just think they'd get less shots.
Dam.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Dam.
Hoover
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Wow!
Sham
Originally posted by AmpLee: