There are 170 users in the forums

Blake Griffin

he's a wild manimal it is.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I respect Griffin's game -- much better offensively than I thought.

What rubs me the wrong way is his smug attitude. No doubt he backs it up, so props for that, but clearly other players in the league don't like some his antics. Just off hand I know Carl Landry, Andre Miller, James Posey and Lamar Odom have gotten into it with him.

I'm sure some people like when he slams one home and then glares at the person who just took the facial. But clearly he's pissing some players off. Guys have already started taking shots at him.

And like crzy, I don't like the hype machine around him.

Veterans don't like anybody showing them up, much less rookies. I think the latter is more the reason for confrontations than is his attitude.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

What rubs me the wrong way is his smug attitude. No doubt he backs it up, so props for that, but clearly other players in the league don't like some his antics. Just off hand I know Carl Landry, Andre Miller, James Posey and Lamar Odom have gotten into it with him.

I'm sure some people like when he slams one home and then glares at the person who just took the facial. But clearly he's pissing some players off. Guys have already started taking shots at him.

Veterans don't like anybody showing them up, much less rookies. I think the latter is more the reason for confrontations than is his attitude.

Those guys are just jealous. Remember a young Barkley. Blake Griffen should just take a swing at the next guy who tries to "send a message" along with giving a post game quote, "stop me on the court or get your ass beat".

There's an article posted on yahoo about this and it isn't Griffin, it's all the other vet players that are taking cheap shots against him because they don't like his flashy dunks. It's vets that don't like the fact that Griffin is playing hard every second of the game despite the score. That's the kind of player I want on my team. Some of these vets, like Odom, are lucky that Griffin is mature enough not to take a swing cus I guarantee you Odom, or Posey, or Miller would be missing teeth right after.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Then you dont know nearly as much about basketball than I gave you credit for.

Zach Randolph: 20.1 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 49.2% FG, 72.2% FT Record: 19-22
Blake Griffin: 22.5 ppg, 12.8 rpg, 52.5% FG, 60.8% FT Record: 15-25

Blake is an exciting flashy player, but the reality is he is overhyped.

Yes but one is a rookie and the other is a veteran.

Who cares about Griffen, your analysis opens up more queries that I am interested in:

You say:
The Spurs are the most boring team

in contrast, you don't see anything special in Blake Griffen.

I feel much more secure now whenever I will read your "Spurs are boring" comment because a 10 in our book is considered a 5 in yours.

lol. "The Spurs are boring" was a default insult when there wasn't much else anyone could say about the Borg.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I just don't like the media and annoying fans fellating Blake.

He's not the future of the NBA. He's not an MVP candidate.

He's a solid rookie putting up nice numbers on a s**tty Clippers team who has a few decent highlight dunks once in a while.

He's not this aww-shucks humble character that he is being portrayed as either. He's got cockiness and swagger, and that's fine. It's just that everyone wants to build him up as a contrast to Lebron James, just like they tried to do with Durant this offseason. The nice humble superstar, etc. Anyone hyping him up as the future of the NBA will be sorely disappointed.

I'll give Blake credit when he actually does something noteworthy.
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 18, 2011 at 2:48 PM ]
Sunday's explosion added to his massive list of superlatives, while placing him in some rather select company. According to Elias, Griffin's point total was the most this season. His 19-of-24 shooting, for 79.2 percent, was the best percentage by a rookie taking at least 20 shots in more than a quarter center (Hakeem Olajuwon shot 18-of-22 on Dec. 6, 1984). He joined Shaquille O'Neal as the only rookies in the last quarter century to have a 45-10 game, and joined Michael Jordan and Rick Barry as the only rooks to have at least 47 points and 14 rebounds in the same game.

Griffin is 12th in scoring, fourth in rebounding, and has an amazing streak of 27 straight double-doubles.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-110118
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM ]

He's a solid rookie putting up nice numbers on a s**tty Clippers team who has a few decent highlight dunks once in a while.

He's not this aww-shucks humble character that he is being portrayed as either. He's got cockiness and swagger, and that's fine. It's just that everyone wants to build him up as a contrast to Lebron James, just like they tried to do with Durant this offseason. The nice humble superstar, etc. Anyone hyping him up as the future of the NBA will be sorely disappointed.

It's because he's light skinned'd.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm sure some people like when he slams one home and then glares at the person who just took the facial.

"Don't fake the funk on a Nasty dunk " - Diesel

I met/talked with him last April, he's a pretty humble guy. He's got cockiness and swagger because he's a fierce competitor that continues to give everything he's got no matter what. Like it or not, players like him who actually give a s**t ARE the future of the NBA.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Sunday's explosion added to his massive list of superlatives, while placing him in some rather select company. According to Elias, Griffin's point total was the most this season. His 19-of-24 shooting, for 79.2 percent, was the best percentage by a rookie taking at least 20 shots in more than a quarter center (Hakeem Olajuwon shot 18-of-22 on Dec. 6, 1984). He joined Shaquille O'Neal as the only rookies in the last quarter century to have a 45-10 game, and joined Michael Jordan and Rick Barry as the only rooks to have at least 47 points and 14 rebounds in the same game.

Griffin is 12th in scoring, fourth in rebounding, and has an amazing streak of 27 straight double-doubles.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-110118

All this isnt noteworthy enough for Crazy though.
Sorry Crz, but Blake is a friggin beast of a man-child.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I met/talked with him last April, he's a pretty humble guy. He's got cockiness and swagger because he's a fierce competitor that continues to give everything he's got no matter what. Like it or not, players like him who actually give a s**t ARE the future of the NBA.

Could not agree more. There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt kill to have the guy on their team. I love watching difference makers in any sport and he is certainly one already.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Absolutely. As I said a few posts prior, Blake plays all out every second he's on the floor despite the score.

For some people to discredit Blake just cus he's on a bad team is pretty ignorant. It's a lame argument, actually, for people to discredit Kevin Love, David Lee, Monta Ellis, Blake Griffin, just because they're on bad teams.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah, he's still an All-Star.

It's all relative. All of my "hating" of Blake have been within the context of people dick-riding him before he even finished his rookie year.

Too soon...
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone