LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Playoffs or not, this team is looking like a future force! Our young four plus Al and SAP look pretty good. Plus one or two lottery picks in the offseason, KOC is setting us up for a great couple of years to come.
Corbin needs a slap in the face. No subs made in the 3rd, he takes out Hayward when he gets hot, and plays Watson over Tinsley. Not to mention the fact that Favors is getting less time, and a guy like Miles is getting more minutes. Ty needs to learn how to make better rotations. He should do what he did last year, moving Millsap to the 3 and having Hay at the 2, with Favors starting.

Next year I hope Al is moved.

Here is a highlight from last night! Hayward us getting his confidence back for sure

• Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Corbin needs a slap in the face. No subs made in the 3rd, he takes out Hayward when he gets hot, and plays Watson over Tinsley. Not to mention the fact that Favors is getting less time, and a guy like Miles is getting more minutes. Ty needs to learn how to make better rotations. He should do what he did last year, moving Millsap to the 3 and having Hay at the 2, with Favors starting.

Next year I hope Al is moved.

Here is a highlight from last night! Hayward us getting his confidence back for sure

I have to agree with you. The rotations were crap last night. Non of them made any sense what-so-ever. 2nd quarter our second unit was struggling, Corbin finally called a timeout when we were down 7-8. He comes back and keeps the same line-up? That made no sense.

And yeah, I understand that the first unit was getting us back in the game, but to play them the whole 3rd quarter was head scratching. And yeah I still don't see how difficult it is to sub in someone for MIles. He wasn't doing anything, but was still out there playing.

I blame the 2nd unit for once, but also blame the bad rotations. They just didn't fit together at all.
  • Jiks
Well didn't get to watch the game, but I see 0-13 for Favors... How the **** do we get beat by Sac. on our own floor, fighting for a playoff spot... .. .?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Well didn't get to watch the game, but I see 0-13 for Favors... How the **** do we get beat by Sac. on our own floor, fighting for a playoff spot... .. .?

Yea wtf dudes we're fighting for a top lottery pick

karma is a b***h mutha f**ka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, I hate Utah with all my heart But I use to love them as my favorite team back when they had stockton and malone
  • Jiks
  • Jiks
Down 14, the lineup that gets us within 3 at half

1. Tinsley/Harris(ankle)
2. Hayward
3. Milsap
4. Favors
5. Jefferson
  • Jiks
Big win! Kind of frustrating there at the end, we are having a hard time hitting big shots, but we finished strong today.
I love that Ty finally moved Millsap to the 3! That should be how the starting unit looks from now on.

Tough loss, but the young guys looked good. Can't complain about Nash being Nash in the end.
I hope we lose tonight. It would help us get both draft picks in the lotto. Also, I can us getting eliminated from playoff contention as a reason to play the young guys more.

I really hope that we move Al this summer, and draft Damian Lillard.
  • Jiks
Utah Jeffersons... .. . I don't get Ty Corbin and his philosophy to dribble it down the court, give it to Al Jefferson, have a guy cut right through the heart of the defense, while Al still holding it. Allow Al to sit and ponder his shot for 5 seconds, and suddenly he either has to take it or we are in a serious rush due to the clock. Time after time after time. Sure he hits some, sometimes a good majority of them, but what about the rest of the team? Sorry to vent but really sick of seeing our offense be nothing but Al Jefferson. Not to mention how atrocious his defense is. Makes Carlos Boozer look like Dennis Rodman. The guy don't even know how to box out for God sakes. All this and he has the most minutes out of anyone. While Favors and Kanter wither away. Sure they may not be as talented, but moving forward this team is going nowhere as long as Al and Corbin keep this marriage together. We'll continue to see the same stuff night in, night out.

Not only that but what's the point of the 2 or 3 if you are not going to get the ball in their hands? How often do we see Hayward on the pick and roll? How often do we utilize his passing skill sets?
Utah Jeffersons... .. . I don't get Ty Corbin and his philosophy to dribble it down the court, give it to Al Jefferson, have a guy cut right through the heart of the defense, while Al still holding it. Allow Al to sit and ponder his shot for 5 seconds, and suddenly he either has to take it or we are in a serious rush due to the clock. Time after time after time. Sure he hits some, sometimes a good majority of them, but what about the rest of the team? Sorry to vent but really sick of seeing our offense be nothing but Al Jefferson. Not to mention how atrocious his defense is. Makes Carlos Boozer look like Dennis Rodman. The guy don't even know how to box out for God sakes. All this and he has the most minutes out of anyone. While Favors and Kanter wither away. Sure they may not be as talented, but moving forward this team is going nowhere as long as Al and Corbin keep this marriage together. We'll continue to see the same stuff night in, night out.

Not only that but what's the point of the 2 or 3 if you are not going to get the ball in their hands? How often do we see Hayward on the pick and roll? How often do we utilize his passing skill sets?

Seems like it only happens when he passes to Al in the post

Harris brings the ball up court, passes to Hayward on the elbow, Hayward drops it in to Al in the post and cuts to the basket. Al uses the rest of the shot clock to ball fake and force a shot

Anyway, Favors had a nasty dunk early in the Spurs game over Splitter. Highlight of the game so far
Saw this on another kings site and wondered what your guys' opinion was...

Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette

for

Golden State pick (probably 8-10), Gordon Hayward, and Alec Burks

I dont think any Utah fans would like it, however, Tyreke is the best asset in that deal and I think we could get better for him.
Share 49ersWebzone