There are 268 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Damn
san antonio cant do NOTHING RIGHT.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Thats because in the NBA, unless youre one of the top 5 teams, you have almost zero chance of winning the title.

The 7-8 seeds might as well not even be in the playoffs, because theyre just a warmup round for the contenders.

tell that to the 2007 Dallas Mavericks

The NBA has the least parity of any sport.

The Lakers and Celtics have accounted for 50% of ALL of the NBA titles all time. Just 4 teams, the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs have won a combined 43 of the 66 NBA Titles.

Since 1980: 9 champions in 33 years

Lakers - 10
Bulls - 6
Celtics - 4
Spurs - 4
Pistons - 3
Rockets - 2
Heat - 2
76ers - 1
Mavericks - 1

Now look at the NFL since 1980: 15 champions in 33 years

49ers - 5
Giants - 4
Cowboys - 3
Redskins - 3
Patriots - 3
Packers - 2
Raiders - 2
Broncos - 2
Steelers - 2
Ravens - 2
Buccaneers - 1
Bears - 1
Rams - 1
Colts - 1
Saints - 1

And MLB since 1980: 19 champions in 32 years

Yankees - 5
Cardinals - 3
Giants - 2
Phillies - 2
Dodgers - 2
Twins - 2
Blue Jays - 2
Marlins - 2
Red Sox - 2
Orioles - 1
Tigers - 1
Royals - 1
Athletics - 1
Braves - 1
Angels - 1
D'Backs - 1
Mets - 1
Reds - 1
White Sox - 1

The contenders in the NBA begin the season knowing who they are, and the rest go through the motions. Im not going to be bitter about my team not having a shot regardless of whether they sneak in the playoffs, but it just affects my decision to bother getting emotionally involved in the season. The NBA cares far too much about marketing street cred to the general public, and not enough about keeping the majority of the fan bases excited about their teams chances every year.

Im not sure exactly what the NBA could do to change that, but hopefully the next commissioner will notice that need. The NBA has clearly fallen far behind the NFL and MLB in fan interest.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Blame the refs on that one. Warriors may be worthless but at least they are playoff bound,

Means nothing if you're not a championship contender dude besides the Jazz make plenty of pointless playoff appearances so if its the Warriors turn for the first time in 6 years or whatever then so be it. Its not like they'll be holding up the trophy in June. Its funny how the fans of all the mediocre teams get so full of themselves when they get their little time in the sunshine before going back into a stormy abyss of lottery picks.

Why are you so upset then. Obviously the Jazz werent contenders so it would have meant nothing right? By the way, who was getting full of themselves anyway? I said you should blame the refs and not the "worthless Warriors" as you put it.

Oh ... the Warriors do have 1 title. Granted it was a lifetime ago but its still one more than Utah has or will have anytime soon.

I'm upset because being the team kicking the Lakers out would've made this s**tty season so worth it. What happens in the actual playoffs means nothing to me this year but just knowing the Lakers would be sitting at home watching would be priceless Also the ref blame is always a b******t excuse that I've used too but whenever you face LA you should know the refs are gonna side with them every game anyways.
Jordan's trainer said he was poisoned during that flu game. I definitely believe it. Man do I want to b**** slap whoever gave Jordan those Superman pills.
  • Jiks
Man I pretty pissed off at this organization right now. What a completely wasted season. We had better talent that what our record displays. I did these quickly but they are pretty accurate. I think Marvin Williams had .1 more point a couple seasons ago.

Mo Williams had his worst season since '06(6 seasons) 13 ppg
Al Jefferson had his worst season since since '06 17 ppg
Marvin Williams had his worst season EVER 7.3 ppg
Paul Milsap had his worst season in 3 years and worst rebounds since his second season where he started 2 games in '08.
Enes Kanter same rebounds, up 3 ppg for a 3rd pick(same minutes as Rookie year
)Derrick Favors has went up 1 PPG in the last two season combined.
Foye 2nd worst season of caree
rJamaal Tinsley worst season of career 3.5 ppg
Earl Watson worst season of his career 2 ppg
Hayward- Upped his game 3 ppg, other wise declined in every single other category FT%, Rebounds, assist steals. Well he has went up in fouls.

And yes I have no doubt Jordan was poisoned. Well maybe not, but I''ve always felt he was.
Blame the refs on that one. Warriors may be worthless but at least they are playoff bound,

Means nothing if you're not a championship contender dude besides the Jazz make plenty of pointless playoff appearances so if its the Warriors turn for the first time in 6 years or whatever then so be it. Its not like they'll be holding up the trophy in June. Its funny how the fans of all the mediocre teams get so full of themselves when they get their little time in the sunshine before going back into a stormy abyss of lottery picks.

Why are you so upset then. Obviously the Jazz werent contenders so it would have meant nothing right? By the way, who was getting full of themselves anyway? I said you should blame the refs and not the "worthless Warriors" as you put it.

Oh ... the Warriors do have 1 title. Granted it was a lifetime ago but its still one more than Utah has or will have anytime soon.

I'm upset because being the team kicking the Lakers out would've made this s**tty season so worth it. What happens in the actual playoffs means nothing to me this year but just knowing the Lakers would be sitting at home watching would be priceless Also the ref blame is always a b******t excuse that I've used too but whenever you face LA you should know the refs are gonna side with them every game anyways.

Well the Lakers ended up with the 7th seed so...
  • Garce
  • Veteran

The Lakers and Celtics have accounted for 50% of ALL of the NBA titles all time. Just 4 teams, the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Spurs have won a combined 43 of the 66 NBA Titles.

Lakers - 10
Bulls - 6
Celtics - 4
Spurs - 4
Pistons - 3
Rockets - 2
Heat - 2
76ers - 1
Mavericks - 1

49ers - 5
Giants - 4
Cowboys - 3
Redskins - 3
Patriots - 3
Packers - 2
Raiders - 2
Broncos - 2
Steelers - 2
Ravens - 2
Buccaneers - 1
Bears - 1
Rams - 1
Colts - 1
Saints - 1

Yankees - 5
Cardinals - 3
Giants - 2
Phillies - 2
Dodgers - 2
Twins - 2
Blue Jays - 2
Marlins - 2
Red Sox - 2
Orioles - 1
Tigers - 1
Royals - 1
Athletics - 1
Braves - 1
Angels - 1
D'Backs - 1
Mets - 1
Reds - 1
White Sox - 1

The contenders in the NBA begin the season knowing who they are, and the rest go through the motions. Im not going to be bitter about my team not having a shot regardless of whether they sneak in the playoffs, but it just affects my decision to bother getting emotionally involved in the season. The NBA cares far too much about marketing street cred to the general public, and not enough about keeping the majority of the fan bases excited about their teams chances every year.

Im not sure exactly what the NBA could do to change that, but hopefully the next commissioner will notice that need. The NBA has clearly fallen far behind the NFL and MLB in fan interest.

you must have spent a lot of time on this post
Should be an interesting off-season. I think we only have 5 guys under contract heading in, so there should be a lot of change.

Within the next week or so we should know the fate of Ty Corbin.
I think he's safe. Lindsey and O'Conner are big fans of him for some reason.

Originally posted by Garcia:

Lakers - 10
Bulls - 6
Celtics - 4
Spurs - 4
Pistons - 3
Rockets - 2
Heat - 2
76ers - 1
Mavericks - 1

49ers - 5
Giants - 4
Cowboys - 3
Redskins - 3
Patriots - 3
Packers - 2
Raiders - 2
Broncos - 2
Steelers - 2
Ravens - 2
Buccaneers - 1
Bears - 1
Rams - 1
Colts - 1
Saints - 1

Yankees - 5
Cardinals - 3
Giants - 2
Phillies - 2
Dodgers - 2
Twins - 2
Blue Jays - 2
Marlins - 2
Red Sox - 2
Orioles - 1
Tigers - 1
Royals - 1
Athletics - 1
Braves - 1
Angels - 1
D'Backs - 1
Mets - 1
Reds - 1
White Sox - 1

you must have spent a lot of time on this post

10 mins? Ive been over this before about the NBA being a waste of time for fans of most teams. I have most the info banked. lol

The MLB part is easy. Im might be a little rusty, but I can recite all 108 WS winners in order from memory.
  • Jiks
I like this move ALOT!
SALT LAKE CITY — With Jeff Hornacek moving on to Phoenix there was a new spot opening up on Tyrone Corbin's staff. That new spot has been opened up for Karl Malone as a new position coach.
The legendary "Mailman" will have a chance to start working with the big men — Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter in particular. The announcement came Wednesday afternoon on 1280 TheZone. Both Greg Miller and Malone made the announcement.

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/25380830
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I like this move ALOT!
SALT LAKE CITY — With Jeff Hornacek moving on to Phoenix there was a new spot opening up on Tyrone Corbin's staff. That new spot has been opened up for Karl Malone as a new position coach.
The legendary "Mailman" will have a chance to start working with the big men — Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter in particular. The announcement came Wednesday afternoon on 1280 TheZone. Both Greg Miller and Malone made the announcement.

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/25380830

lol didnt expect Malone to get into coaching. Maybe he'll wear his draft suit to games?
I like the idea of Malone helping the young guys out. I'm just concerned that one of al or Paul will be back next year. Right now id just like to see what we have with kanter and favors.
I love that they brought Karl back. I can't wait to see him on the sidelines although losing Horny sucks but I wish him nothing but the best in PHX. I hope he has a lot of success down there. Have you guys heard of Al or Paul returning? I haven't a heard any rumors of who's coming back and who's not although I'm just ready to start fresh next season. With two picks in the 1st I think its time to just officially rebuild from the ground up. I really like Dennis Schroeder for our first pick since PG is our number 1 need and maybe get a guy who's a great shooter like Glen Rice J, Tim Hardaway Jr, Tony Snell or Allen Crabbe with the 21st pick. Hell I'd almost be ok with taking another PG like Shane Larkin just because the kid can find his own shot and score despite his height.

Also I'll be making a new thread to post in and start fresh with for the offseason and upcoming season soon.
Share 49ersWebzone