LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

• Jiks
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Saw this on another kings site and wondered what your guys' opinion was...

Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette

for

Golden State pick (probably 8-10), Gordon Hayward, and Alec Burks

I dont think any Utah fans would like it, however, Tyreke is the best asset in that deal and I think we could get better for him.

No! I think Burks has a far far better up-side than Jimmer, while Hayward is a great defender and pretty decent shooter, not to mention his athleticism. Evans and the pick would be nice, but really there is no reason to make that trade for us. First off, we have no reason what-so-ever to trade Gordon or Alec, they are the foundation to this team. Second Jazz aren't in need of players like the Kings. (wait OUR first pick too? No way!) What the Jazz need is these guys to get more experience not a shuffling of players.

I think we're happy where we are at and adding a PG, or another young piece to this team with the Warriors pick(hopefully), is what we need far more than Tyreke and Jimmer.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM ]
I would not do that trade. I like the potential of Hayward and Burks, plus the value of the pick.

Hayward had a great game tonight. He has been on fire the last few weeks.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
I would not do that trade. I like the potential of Hayward and Burks, plus the value of the pick.

Hayward had a great game tonight. He has been on fire the last few weeks.

Nearly 18 a game in April. Not too bad at all. And yeah I think Hayward is definitely a piece we will not get rid of. Burks needs to develop a jump shot in order for him to be a viable option for us. Carrol is doing well filling in as well. Not saying he's going to be part of the future, but the guy can play in this league.

This team can play with anybody when they play solid defense, pass the ball and everybody get every body involved. The problem is this team loses complete focus and starts playing sloppy and quite moving on both O and D.

Still in the playoff hunt in which I'm pulling for. But not going to be dissappointed if we get the Warriors pick and our pick. We still have pieces missing.]

Edit: Phoenix lost and Minn. has cut Denver's huge lead to 6. Come on T-Wolves!!!
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
Jazz playing like crap against the Hornets...again

Favors just brought the HAMMER down!
Favors needs to be more aggressive.

I can't wait until he is FINALLY starting. He has been playing so well lately.
  • Jiks
Decent read on Favors.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/53887573-87/favors-says-jazz-monson.html.csp?page=1
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Decent read on Favors.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/53887573-87/favors-says-jazz-monson.html.csp?page=1

Read that earlier. I love everything about it. I have little doubt that Favors can play at a high level very soon. I can't wait until next year. I think moves will be made so that he gets quality minutes
  • Jiks
What a crazy game! Finally pulled the big one out, now were sitting only a half game out. What a crazy season this has been!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
What a crazy game! Finally pulled the big one out, now were sitting only a half game out. What a crazy season this has been!

One of the better games this year. I hate the Mavs, so I'm glad we won. That game against Phoenix later might be really big for our playoff chances.
Very good game. Big Al was a terror near the basket. Good all around game from everyone. Hopefully they can close out the season with wins, they are gonna need to if they want to get into the playoffs.

• Jiks
Can we move up the 8th tonight?! We win, Houston loses to Denver, PHX loses to OKC and we are .5 game up. Not to mention we finish our last 3 games at home.

I've personally always wanted this team to make the play-offs. At times it was pretty tough and at times I thought it's time to tank, but we have a pretty good shot now. Only problem at this juncture we would be playing the Spurs and that would be a massacre. I actually think we would present problems to OKC though.
Good win last night! If Harris played that well all year we would probably be in contention for the 5th or 6th seed. Now the Jazz control their own fate. Should be an exciting couple of games.

Also, who would have thought that Demarre Carroll of all people would be starting for us? I hope we keep him next year. He hustles every play and does the little things that go unnoticed. CJ is pretty much gone and I think Carroll can take his role off the bench
Such a good win last night! Favors got quality minutes and played extremely well, Harris is playing like all-star Devin Harris suddenly, and we're one win away from locking up the 8th seed. If we beat the suns that will be it.

I hope that we see more of the Millsap-Favors-Jefferson lineup.

Next year, I expect Al to be traded at some point. I like the guy, but he doesn't fit well here.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Such a good win last night! Favors got quality minutes and played extremely well, Harris is playing like all-star Devin Harris suddenly, and we're one win away from locking up the 8th seed. If we beat the suns that will be it.

I hope that we see more of the Millsap-Favors-Jefferson lineup.

Next year, I expect Al to be traded at some point. I like the guy, but he doesn't fit well here.

Not sure if I am imagining things but it seems we are grasping the concepts of a Sloan type pick and roll. It seems to be running a lot more smoothly, and instead of passing down low to Jefferson every possesion, we are using the pick and roll as well. I think this all starts with Devin Harris. I remember us saying earlier in the year that he as well doesn't fit here as well, well I will eat crow on that one. Now that he is actually "running the show", if you will, he's playing spectacular basketball.

Favors is just scary. Still has a some work to do, but that's the scary part.

As far as Hayward, he's always been one of my favorite players t.b.h. I almost lost faith in him mid season, but just like Harris and Favors, he is finding his place. I really wonder what his ceiling is? He's got a lot of talent, and he's been averaging almost 18 a game this month, not only that but he's working the pick and roll himself.

As for as Al, at this point I have no clue what the organization plans on doing with him. If we make the playoffs and he plays well I wonder what we could get for him as far as trade? All I know is Favors needs to be out there more. There's no reason this guy should not be starting next season.
Hayward and Favors are the future of the Jazz. I'm not the least bit worried about them at all. The great thing about those guys is that they play defense really well. The offense will come for Favors soon enough. Would you believe he is still only 20?!

I love the way Harris has been playing, but it just makes me mad that he put little effort in all year. The first few months he was a completely different player, and was being outplayed by Watson and Tinsley. The last month or so he has been on fire though, and I love it.

As for Al, I think the Jazz would have to take on a pretty bad contract to be able to move him. Something like Al for Danny Granger. I don't know what would make it fair, but they both have bad contracts and are expendable to their current teams.
Share 49ersWebzone