There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sharks open the season at an odd time... 3 PM ET on Friday against Columbus. (Did the scheduling people not think this through?)

The game is going to be on VERSUS, but who is going to be able to see this? I have to work.

I'm going to miss it too cuz i have to work but i wont miss the game on saturday which also starts at noon.
I am ready for this NHL season to begin, I've taken off thursday so I can watch the first games. I am a Dallas Stars fan, and I can't wait to see the Pacific division beat up on each other. I think that San Jose and L.A. will fight for the top spot, I still think the Sharks are the team to beat though. I hope my Stars can get it together and maybe come away with a 3rd place finish. This looks to be the most competitive division in the WEST, I could see 4 teams representing in the playoffs.

Best of luck to you guys!
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I am ready for this NHL season to begin, I've taken off thursday so I can watch the first games. I am a Dallas Stars fan, and I can't wait to see the Pacific division beat up on each other. I think that San Jose and L.A. will fight for the top spot, I still think the Sharks are the team to beat though. I hope my Stars can get it together and maybe come away with a 3rd place finish. This looks to be the most competitive division in the WEST, I could see 4 teams representing in the playoffs.

Good Luck to you too

But I think the Yotes will make a lot of noise
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Sharks open the season at an odd time... 3 PM ET on Friday against Columbus. (Did the scheduling people not think this through?)

The game is going to be on VERSUS, but who is going to be able to see this? I have to work.

thats because were playing in sweden LOL

I know, that's my point! Why -- knowing this game was in SWEDEN -- did the scheduling people put the frickin' game on a Friday? Why not Saturday and Sunday instead when people can actually SEE it?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by eamjr10:

Good Luck to you too

But I think the Yotes will make a lot of noise

Yea they had a heckuva season last year, but they lost a few solid players like Lombardi and Michalek, and I don't know if Bryzgalov can have another season like last year he was a workhorse for them. Basically, they won't sneak up on anybody this season, but I still have them making the playoffs, I think it will be a three way battle for that 3rd spot.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM ]
Semi-good news guys, Lilja did NOT make the team. Surprisingly it was Mike Moore the youngster that impressed enough to take the last defensive spot. We get 24 spots this week because the game is overseas, so we have 24 players. Once will go once the team travels back home, it'll go back to 23.

So according to SJSharks.com, our final roster is...

(14) Offense:

Thornton, Heatley, Marleau
Clowe, Pavs, Setoguchi
McGinn, Couture, Mitchell
Mayers, Nichol, McLaren, Wingels, McCarthy

(7) Defense:

Boyle, Murray, Vlasic, Wallin, Huskins, Demers, Moore

(3) Goalies:

Nitty, Niemi, Griess
we are going to carry 3 goalies for a while

pretty f**ked up deal by the sharks

Lilja has until the 10th to find work or else his visa expires

We need to just trade one. Freaking trade Nitty or Griess already.

there was a rumor of griess for cam barker

but it was just board talk

there was a rumor of griess for cam barker

but it was just board talk

Please trade Griess + D-Man for a better D-man. That's my hope.

FYI: Captains won't be named until Friday's game.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM ]
Thornton got the C

"We had a great variety of choices. It came down to two players" said McLellan. Thornton will be joined by Dan Boyle, Patrick Marleau and Ryane Clowe who were announced as assistant captains.

BUT EVEN BIGGER NEWS

CHEECHOO BACK WITH THE SHARKS

the Wooster Sharks, but still...

He;s gonna ride the shuttle this season

so much for Mac & Mash
So Thornton is our new Captain I thought it was going to be Boyle or Pavs but this is also a good choice. I can't wait until tomorrow 1st game of the season even though I'm going to miss most of the game since I don't get out of work until 2. Lets Go Sharks! Anything less than Stanley Cup Champs is failure in my eyes.
Thornton got the C

"We had a great variety of choices. It came down to two players" said McLellan. Thornton will be joined by Dan Boyle, Patrick Marleau and Ryane Clowe who were announced as assistant captains.

BUT EVEN BIGGER NEWS

CHEECHOO BACK WITH THE SHARKS

the Wooster Sharks, but still...

He;s gonna ride the shuttle this season

so much for Mac & Mash

That's great news! I'd love to have Cheechoo available if we were in a pinch. I don't care if he's in Worcester! Just having Cheech back is awesome!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So Thornton is our new Captain I thought it was going to be Boyle or Pavs but this is also a good choice. I can't wait until tomorrow 1st game of the season even though I'm going to miss most of the game since I don't get out of work until 2. Lets Go Sharks! Anything less than Stanley Cup Champs is failure in my eyes.

I don't mind it at all. The coaches said all the players were saying they wanted it to be Thornton, so you know the team definitely has got his back in this, and with that, I approve the choice.
WWWWWWOPooooooo

Mitchey with a hustle goal