LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 155 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Didn't see the game, but glad we won. The only team I got to see today was the Giants choking away a 4-0 lead going into the most dangerous home-field team in the league now for game 3 of the playoffs....

Anyways.

GO SHARKS. And can we freaking get this pinned already? The season has started. This needs to be "Officialized" and PINNED immediately.
Go Sharks! Once again, you are the last link to keeping my sanity in place.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Go Sharks! Once again, you are the last link to keeping my sanity in place.

Haha. Sad, I know. I'm pumped to at least listen to the game today. I want to go back home 2-0.
Nice shot by Setoguchi, blasts it, top shelf, past Mason on the PP

1-0 Sharks

.... And then Nash gets one past Niittymaki for the 1-1 tie at 3:13, looks to be a good game with a lot of energy so far..

[ Edited by eamjr10 on Oct 9, 2010 at 12:22:40 ]
Fred, if you wanna talk about momentum killers -- Niittymaki one minute after Seto's goal.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 9, 2010 at 13:55:09 ]
is this game #2?

lol

both our goalies give it up high

this is gonna be a long season
I'm suprised Columbus played San Jose as well as they did this series, not sure if the Jackets are going to be a better team than people thought, or the Sharks are not going to quite run away with things like they normally do.....guess we will find out.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol

both our goalies give it up high

this is gonna be a long season

But Niemi has a better glove hand from what I've seen. Nabokov had one of the best glove hands I've ever seen in hockey, but he was one of the worst at stopping 5-hole shots.

Niemi takes away everything low, but his stick side is the weak spot. Nittymaki is weak on both sides high.

That shot was not overpowering or anything and Nitty's positioning wasn't all that great. I'm going to miss at least that from Nabokov.. Nitty just looks like he completely shrinks when there's pressure. He doesn't get big and square himself to the puck. I wasn't a huge fan of the signing in the beginning, but it's still early.

I look forward to Stalock fully developing and becoming the future. Hopefully he or Niemi can become the superstar goalie we need.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I'm suprised Columbus played San Jose as well as they did this series, not sure if the Jackets are going to be a better team than people thought, or the Sharks are not going to quite run away with things like they normally do.....guess we will find out.

easy there buddy, were only 2 games in back to back games trying to get our chemistry going with out lines and back into hockey shape. plus we played in europe, im not worried we will still be 1 of the best teams in the league. 1 thing i learned today is that right now i want niemi as the starter and i wanna see what greiss can do and if he can play better than niitymakii who gave up 2 stupid goals that an nhl goalie should stop. its not like the game winning goal in ot was such a hard and amazing shot, he got a piece of it

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

easy there buddy, were only 2 games in back to back games trying to get our chemistry going with out lines and back into hockey shape. plus we played in europe, im not worried we will still be 1 of the best teams in the league. 1 thing i learned today is that right now i want niemi as the starter and i wanna see what greiss can do and if he can play better than niitymakii who gave up 2 stupid goals that an nhl goalie should stop. its not like the game winning goal in ot was such a hard and amazing shot, he got a piece of it

Yeah, idk why our lineups are like this right now

But our lines will totally be different by the end of the next month. something similar to last year

Jumbo-Heated-Patty
Big Pavelski Line
Kids + Buster
the usual 4th line grunts

Im hoping for buster

But our lines will totally be different by the end of the next month. something similar to last year

Jumbo-Heated-Patty
Big Pavelski Line
Kids + Buster

Im hoping for buster

honestly i have no problems with our lines right now, i like separating the burger line so opposing coaches dont put their shut down line on them. if the lines work teams will have to focus on 2 legit lines and a 3rd with young guys capable of putting up pts if they live up to their potential. time will tell if they work if not then mcclellan will be forced to reunite the burger line

Jumbo-Heated-Patty
Big Pavelski Line
Kids + Buster

Im hoping for buster

honestly i have no problems with our lines right now, i like separating the burger line so opposing coaches dont put their shut down line on them. if the lines work teams will have to focus on 2 legit lines and a 3rd with young guys capable of putting up pts if they live up to their potential. time will tell if they work if not then mcclellan will be forced to reunite the burger line

Buster? Who are you referring to there?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Jumbo-Heated-Patty
Big Pavelski Line
Kids + Buster

Im hoping for buster

Owen Nolan aka Buster
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Jumbo-Heated-Patty
Big Pavelski Line
Kids + Buster

Im hoping for buster

Owen Nolan aka Buster

Oh, okay. I wasn't even aware Nolan had a nickname.
Share 49ersWebzone