There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

• crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
The picture says it all.

Whatever anyone's opinion is, to the league, this is a huge deal. And to Arenas, apparently it's a funny joke.

Sorry, that's just dumb.

Actually that picture IMO helped Gilbert Arenas' standing with the Washington Wizards.

That picture proves that their is no violent tension in the Wizards locker-room. His teammates still love him.

Absolutely none of them have said that they were threatened by Gilbert's possession of firearms.
Originally posted by crzy:
Arenas had unloaded weapons.

Delonte West had loaded guns, and he's still playing.

Stephen Jackson got a 7 games suspension for FIRING his guns in the air.

Stern is suspending Arenas because he made fun of the incident with the pre-game pose

And that was DUMB for Arenas to do. All he did was throw gasoline on the fire with that stunt.
I love Gil...but I really can't defend the dude here. This was incredibly stupid. He knows better...just let his ego get in the way.
Originally posted by Jigga:
I love Gil...but I really can't defend the dude here. This was incredibly stupid. He knows better...just let his ego get in the way.

Bringing guns to work, loaded or not, just isn't a good idea.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
There is one team in the NBA more dysfunctional than the Warriors
Originally posted by SacRock14:
The picture says it all.

Whatever anyone's opinion is, to the league, this is a huge deal. And to Arenas, apparently it's a funny joke.

Sorry, that's just dumb.

Actually that picture IMO helped Gilbert Arenas' standing with the Washington Wizards.

That picture proves that their is no violent tension in the Wizards locker-room. His teammates still love him.

Absolutely none of them have said that they were threatened by Gilbert's possession of firearms.

Unfortunately, it's Stern making the decision, not his teammates, so I'm guessing he wasn't amused.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
The only way the Wizards can void is if Gilbert gets charged with a felony. Since he'll probably only get a misdemeanor, they can't void.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Arenas has to be the biggest "muchado about nothing" athlete ever. I can't beleive this guys gets so much pub, oh wait I can. He runs his mouth non stop. When's the last time he was any good as a player, and even then it was like a 2 year stretch.
Originally posted by jrg:

bang bang bang! halo! bang bang bang
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Arenas has to be the biggest "muchado about nothing" athlete ever. I can't beleive this guys gets so much pub, oh wait I can. He runs his mouth non stop. When's the last time he was any good as a player, and even then it was like a 2 year stretch.

He tore up his knees. Nobody can be a good player without knees.

At one point he was legitimately as good offensively as any player in the NBA.
I can't believe anyone feels sorry for him.

First, bringing guns to work is ridiculously stupid. Forget what he did with the guns, they should not have been in his locker. Period.

Second, brining guns to an arena in DC without a license is mind-blowingly stupid. DC has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Third, telling the authorities that you did so because you were worried about your family's safety is even stupider. I'm sure Arenas can afford to buy a safe for his guns. If he's going to lie, he should at least make it believable.

Fourth, playing games with guns is not acceptable. Ever. People can get easily scared around guns, understandably, even if you think you're just being funny. Were there other people present who weren't part of the joke? Could they have been frightened?

Fifth, making fun of the situation after having already issued an apology shows at the very least a lack of seriousness. To me, it seems like he's not even sorry about what happened.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Arenas had unloaded weapons.

Delonte West had loaded guns, and he's still playing.

Stephen Jackson got a 7 games suspension for FIRING his guns in the air.

Stern is suspending Arenas because he made fun of the incident with the pre-game pose

And that was DUMB for Arenas to do. All he did was throw gasoline on the fire with that stunt.

lol thought this was just a random pic.. did he actually do this AFTER the incident? LOL dumb a55
The only way the Wizards can void is if Gilbert gets charged with a felony. Since he'll probably only get a misdemeanor, they can't void.

It seems to depend on whether the Verizon Center is his "place of business" according to DC gun laws.
What an idiot. Glad he got suspended. I hate when athletes think they can get away with s**t and especially when it comes to guns.
lol this seems fitting..

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home