LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Originally posted by crzy:
In my opinion, what Gilbert did shouldn't be considered a crime, since there was no malicious or immoral intent behind it.

the thing is out here in DC we have a ban on all handguns. There are no gun stores inside the city of DC that you can buy a handgun from. You can't license them or register them at all. It's been a longtime battle wiht the supreme court. The court did rule sometime last year that handguns were allowed but the was the DC government made the law it's dam near impossible to get one. Then DC challenged the ruling so I have no clue what the actual law is right now. And most of these rich guys live out in Virginia or Maryland. And in Virginia getting a gun is like buying bubble gum.

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i'm extremely confused as to why crittenton is not suspended or being charged with anything?

I live in DC and the reason he isn't charged with anything is b/c he's a no name. DC just getting some headlines by charging Arenas with anything. a normal person in DC with unloaded guns would get a slap on the wrist. Now if they were loaded it would be another subject. Plus i think Arenas told the story to where the police look at crittenton as the victim. And the police has searched crittenton house and stuff but can't find the gun. DC got tough guns laws on paper but in reality if they aren't loaded they don't prosecute folks the same. If Gilbert was a nobody he would have got a misdemeanor at the most. And the only reason he's goign to jail at all is b/c he has a previous gun charge. He's not gonna get more than 30 days in DC jail. Only thing is DC doesn't have a prison. So if the jail is packed or you catch over 18 months you have to go into the federal prison system and get shipped out to where ever they send you. My cousin had 8 months and they sent him to Kansas for the time and released him out there.
Originally posted by lamontb:
In my opinion, what Gilbert did shouldn't be considered a crime, since there was no malicious or immoral intent behind it.

the thing is out here in DC we have a ban on all handguns. There are no gun stores inside the city of DC that you can buy a handgun from. You can't license them or register them at all. It's been a longtime battle wiht the supreme court. The court did rule sometime last year that handguns were allowed but the was the DC government made the law it's dam near impossible to get one. Then DC challenged the ruling so I have no clue what the actual law is right now. And most of these rich guys live out in Virginia or Maryland. And in Virginia getting a gun is like buying bubble gum.

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i'm extremely confused as to why crittenton is not suspended or being charged with anything?

I live in DC and the reason he isn't charged with anything is b/c he's a no name. DC just getting some headlines by charging Arenas with anything. a normal person in DC with unloaded guns would get a slap on the wrist. Now if they were loaded it would be another subject. Plus i think Arenas told the story to where the police look at crittenton as the victim. And the police has searched crittenton house and stuff but can't find the gun. DC got tough guns laws on paper but in reality if they aren't loaded they don't prosecute folks the same. If Gilbert was a nobody he would have got a misdemeanor at the most. And the only reason he's goign to jail at all is b/c he has a previous gun charge. He's not gonna get more than 30 days in DC jail. Only thing is DC doesn't have a prison. So if the jail is packed or you catch over 18 months you have to go into the federal prison system and get shipped out to where ever they send you. My cousin had 8 months and they sent him to Kansas for the time and released him out there.

They didnt charge his teamate bc they couldnt find the gun Arenas described. The police easily found Arenas' guns bc his dumbass left them in the locker and told the team they were there.

Where are you getting this info about how DC prosecutes for loaded/or unloaded weapons?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Wow. So it's impossible to register a handgun in DC?

The unregistered weapon is the entire reason that Arenas is in trouble. But it's impossible to register it?

That's a stupid handgun ban.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
my first photoshop creation

He put himself in this positon. I see no reason to feel sorry for him.
Crittendon brought guns too?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
What a joke.

Unloaded guns, suspended 50 games. It's an outrage.
NBA is full of childish idiots. It's to bad Lebron couldn't have played in the Jordan days when there was more respect of the game. I can't even force myself to watch that crap anymore unless its Lebron, Kobe or CP playing.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
NBA is full of childish idiots. It's to bad Lebron couldn't have played in the Jordan days when there was more respect of the game. I can't even force myself to watch that crap anymore unless its Lebron, Kobe or CP playing.

Funny.

There are childish idiots in every era. The only difference is, now the world is viral so every little thing becomes huge news.

Michael Jordan would have gotten KILLED by the media if he played today for his gambling, infidelity (see: Tiger Woods), and the way he treated his teammates.
What a joke.

Unloaded guns, suspended 50 games. It's an outrage.

no where near the 2 games you thought ?

the key word is "guns" and then he f**ked up by being unprofessional about it

You would think $100 million would make someone act more professional

Share 49ersWebzone