There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sacramento Kings 2009-2010 thread

The more I see of Tyreke, the more obvious it becomes we have a great player.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

He reminds me a lot of a young Penny Hardaway.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He reminds me a lot of a young Penny Hardaway.

I said this back in February

I'm so depressed that he didn't end up on the Warriors
I hate living in the bay... haha, NOT!

But I do hate not having Kings basketball.
Not sure if you guys know, but Beno (sp?) went down late in the game. They said he was holding the back of his knee. I think he tripped on somebody, and then a teammate fell on him, or something.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Not sure if you guys know, but Beno (sp?) went down late in the game. They said he was holding the back of his knee. I think he tripped on somebody, and then a teammate fell on him, or something.

Saw that. I'm sure we'll find out soon. Beno had a knee injury last month I believe.

I was just relieved to see Tyreke return after he went down.

Most likely on purpose

Ouch, he was actually starting to play well I guess. I couldn't watch the game so thanks for the heads up. I hope he's okay even though I couldn't stand him last year.
Damn I'm missing all the Kings games, good thing they are just preseason. My NBA League pass I believe does not carry the games. C'mon Directv get me my Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by rigs49:
Damn I'm missing all the Kings games, good thing they are just preseason. My NBA League pass I believe does not carry the games. C'mon Directv get me my Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missing all the preseason is killing me. Luckily I have dish so I get comcast sports net and news 10 so I'll get all the regular season games

I had to resort to watching practice games on the internet.
Nice stats from tonight's win over GSW...

JT: 20 points/20 boards
Martin: 32 points (15-15 FT)
Hawes: 11 points/9 boards/3 blocks
Tyreke: 16 points/6 boards/3 assists
A little brutal, but a good read, nonetheless.

Opposing scout sizes up the Kings...

I'd say he was a little tough on Sean May and Jason Thompson, other that I don't have too many problems with what he said. Spencer Hawes a post game (or at least he did when we drafted him), but NOBODY has seen it because he floats out too much. I don't know who to blame for it but he needs to get the ball in the post more.
Originally posted by Super9er81:

I'd say he was a little tough on Sean May and Jason Thompson, other that I don't have too many problems with what he said. Spencer Hawes a post game (or at least he did when we drafted him), but NOBODY has seen it because he floats out too much. I don't know who to blame for it but he needs to get the ball in the post more.

Eh I thought he was too harsh on Kevin. You could say a lot of the stuff he did about Kevin about Reggie Miller, funky shot, doesn't drive as much, weak defender, in the end he's a good shooter and he runs the floor well and he's a quick crafty guy who is a good player. A number 3 on a championship team or a number 2 on a good team, absolutely. But he made him sound like he sucks. And I'm sorry but I've seen more star power from Tyreke than anyone on this team since CWebb went down, I think he can step in from day 1. I think May is a talented guy who got extremely out of shape and injury prone, but he got in better shape and he's kind of like our Glen Davis if he plays to his potential. I don't think we're as bad as that guy said.
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/press_release_1023_2009_10_23.html

Kings exercise options on Hawes, Thompson, and Greene. Guess some might be mildly surprised on Greene. I think they should give him a bit more run just to see if he can put something together.