There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,224
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by TX9R:
and this is why I can never be a serious baseball fan. Other than a few flukes here and there, you basically have the same 3 or 4 teams shelling out ridiculous amounts of money every year for the best players. If you do happen to develop your own talent, once they are good you simply lose them to one of the 3 or 4 teams. The lack of loyalty is staggering, I don't even know who's on what team from year to year because no one sticks. It's only going to get worse as seats get more empty like they steadily have the last few decades. they should just eliminate 70% of all teams and they probaly will soon, as younger generation just doesn't care about baseball.

The Tampa Bay Rays this year disagree

A fluke if there ever was one, let's just see how much of that young talent actually stays there in the next couple of years. It will only prove my point further. Until baseball gets a salary cap like every other sport, I'll never take it seriously.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by TX9R:
and this is why I can never be a serious baseball fan. Other than a few flukes here and there, you basically have the same 3 or 4 teams shelling out ridiculous amounts of money every year for the best players. If you do happen to develop your own talent, once they are good you simply lose them to one of the 3 or 4 teams. The lack of loyalty is staggering, I don't even know who's on what team from year to year because no one sticks. It's only going to get worse as seats get more empty like they steadily have the last few decades. they should just eliminate 70% of all teams and they probaly will soon, as younger generation just doesn't care about baseball.

The Tampa Bay Rays this year disagree

A fluke if there ever was one, let's just see how much of that young talent actually stays there in the next couple of years. It will only prove my point further. Until baseball gets a salary cap like every other sport, I'll never take it seriously.

when the yankees were winning their world series in the 90's it was based around their core home grown guys- bernie williams, derek jeter, jorge posada, mariano rivera. People just look at how much money we spend, but the core of our teams are almost always home grown.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by TX9R:
and this is why I can never be a serious baseball fan. Other than a few flukes here and there, you basically have the same 3 or 4 teams shelling out ridiculous amounts of money every year for the best players. If you do happen to develop your own talent, once they are good you simply lose them to one of the 3 or 4 teams. The lack of loyalty is staggering, I don't even know who's on what team from year to year because no one sticks. It's only going to get worse as seats get more empty like they steadily have the last few decades. they should just eliminate 70% of all teams and they probaly will soon, as younger generation just doesn't care about baseball.

The Tampa Bay Rays this year disagree

A fluke if there ever was one, let's just see how much of that young talent actually stays there in the next couple of years. It will only prove my point further. Until baseball gets a salary cap like every other sport, I'll never take it seriously.

when the yankees were winning their world series in the 90's it was based around their core home grown guys- bernie williams, derek jeter, jorge posada, mariano rivera. People just look at how much money we spend, but the core of our teams are almost always home grown.

Except for recently
  • JR80
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1
Originally posted by srcasm76:
The Yanks needed Cashman, Girardi AND Reggie Jackson to meet with CC!?!!?!? Holy Full Court Press, Batman!!!


and 161 million dollars!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! That's a lot of freaking money. Once again the Yankees prove that overpaying (even for good players) is the name of the game in the MLB today.
Originally posted by jrg1:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Report: Sabathia To Sign With Yanks


New York Post - Prized free agent pitcher CC Sabathia has decided to wear pinstripes, according to a published report by the New York Post on its web site Wednesday.

Sabathia has accepted a six-year, $140 million contract offer from the Yankees.

If the figures are accurate, it is the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.

The decision came late Tuesday night after Yankees GM Brian Cashman left the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas to speak with Sabathia and his wife Amber in San Francisco.

Link

A-Rod and CC on the same payroll

i'm going to stop watching baseball. this is just stupid.
busy day, now we offered 5 year deal to burnett. This is alittle scary because he is injury prone and 5 years is alot, but he can really help our staff become top of the line.
Buy up all the good players Yankees because your never going to win a title when you have A-Rod aka the Dan Marino of baseball

Originally posted by King49er:
Buy up all the good players Yankees because your never going to win a title when you have A-Rod aka the Dan Marino of baseball


and the Jays aren't ever gonna win a title b/c...well b/c they are f**kin horrible.
Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by srcasm76:
The Yanks needed Cashman, Girardi AND Reggie Jackson to meet with CC!?!!?!? Holy Full Court Press, Batman!!!


and 161 million dollars!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! That's a lot of freaking money. Once again the Yankees prove that overpaying (even for good players) is the name of the game in the MLB today.

They had to. The Dodgers offered him 140.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by srcasm76:
The Yanks needed Cashman, Girardi AND Reggie Jackson to meet with CC!?!!?!? Holy Full Court Press, Batman!!!


and 161 million dollars!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! That's a lot of freaking money. Once again the Yankees prove that overpaying (even for good players) is the name of the game in the MLB today.

They had to. The Dodgers offered him 140.

Nobody, or team HAS to offer any pitcher 161 million dollars. It's ludacris, it's insanity, and it's ruining baseball. Enjoy!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by King49er:
Buy up all the good players Yankees because your never going to win a title when you have A-Rod aka the Dan Marino of baseball


and the Jays aren't ever gonna win a title b/c...well b/c they are f**kin horrible.

As long as you guys have A-Rod,we'll always have a better chance
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by King49er:
Buy up all the good players Yankees because your never going to win a title when you have A-Rod aka the Dan Marino of baseball


and the Jays aren't ever gonna win a title b/c...well b/c they are f**kin horrible.

As long as you guys have A-Rod,we'll always have a better chance

Yet we'll always have the better record.
Yankees Send Cabrera To Brewers For Cameron

New York Daily News - According to two major league sources, the Yankees will send Melky Cabrera to the Brewers for Mike Cameron on Thursday.

Cabrera had a disappointing 2008 season, posting a .249 average with eight homeruns and 37 RBIs.

Cameron hit .243 with 25 HRs and 70 RBIs last season. He will earn $10 million in 2009 and is an ideal stop-gap until the Yankees' blue-chip prospect Austin Jackson is ready to take over in center field.

Link



Game over. Every other team in the league sucks.
Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by srcasm76:
The Yanks needed Cashman, Girardi AND Reggie Jackson to meet with CC!?!!?!? Holy Full Court Press, Batman!!!


and 161 million dollars!!!!!!!!! Holy crap! That's a lot of freaking money. Once again the Yankees prove that overpaying (even for good players) is the name of the game in the MLB today.

They had to. The Dodgers offered him 140.

Nobody, or team HAS to offer any pitcher 161 million dollars. It's ludacris, it's insanity, and it's ruining baseball. Enjoy!

How does it ruin baseball when there's no salary cap? Just cause your team has no fan base and is broke as hell and can't afford anybody doesn't mean you gotta hate on the Yanks. Enjoy coming in last place.
Burnett Leaning Towards Yankees?

FoxSports - The Yankees have emerged as the clear front-runner for free-agent right-hander A.J. Burnett, according to major-league sources.

There were indications Thursday morning that the Braves were preparing a final push for Burnett and that they would guarantee a fifth year on his contract.

"I don't think we're done," one team official said.

Link


It has been said that the Yanks offered Burnett 5 years 80 mill.