There are 219 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by ninerswin317:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
can you yankee fans at least understand why everybody hates them? 120 million here.... 75 milllion here.... 200 something million here....
i mean seriously. it gets old. and don't say its jealousy. sorry. not jealous of a team that cant make the playoffs with the highest payroll in baseball.

Ahhhhhh please. One season without making the playoffs ain't gonna kill us. If they were in the NL, they'd would've made it.

i'm just giving you guys s**t. i'm a braves fan man.... we choke every year. you guys are clearly better than us.

lol you better hope for Jake Peavy!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
can you yankee fans at least understand why everybody hates them? 120 million here.... 75 milllion here.... 200 something million here....
i mean seriously. it gets old. and don't say its jealousy. sorry. not jealous of a team that cant make the playoffs with the highest payroll in baseball.

Ahhhhhh please. One season without making the playoffs ain't gonna kill us. If they were in the NL, they'd would've made it.

i'm just giving you guys s**t. i'm a braves fan man.... we choke every year. you guys are clearly better than us.

lol you better hope for Jake Peavy!

Yankees Meet With Teixeira, Ready For CC

Atlanta Journal-Constitution - The Yankees met with free-agent first baseman Mark Teixeira on Thursday in the Washington, D.C. area.

New York general manager Brian Cashman is expected to meet with CC Sabathia in Las Vegas, the site of the winter meetings, on Sunday.

"I tell all these (agents), 'If your client wants to meet, or if he's in New York and he wants to come see me, I'm all for it,' " Cashman said. "I flew down and met (Teixeira)."

"Everybody's in play," Cashman added. "Anybody on the free-agent market is in play."

Link
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Atlanta Journal-Constitution - The Yankees met with free-agent first baseman Mark Teixeira on Thursday in the Washington, D.C. area.

New York general manager Brian Cashman is expected to meet with CC Sabathia in Las Vegas, the site of the winter meetings, on Sunday.

"I tell all these (agents), 'If your client wants to meet, or if he's in New York and he wants to come see me, I'm all for it,' " Cashman said. "I flew down and met (Teixeira)."

"Everybody's in play," Cashman added. "Anybody on the free-agent market is in play."

Link

Make it happen Cash.

Link

Originally posted by njninersfan420:

Link

Cashman, Girardi and Reggie Jackson had a meeting with CC.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
If C.C. wanted to be a Yankee he would have signed by now. That being said, he wants to be a Dodger! LOL, I guess just throwing money at people only works for about 60% of free agents these days.
Originally posted by JR80:
If C.C. wanted to be a Yankee he would have signed by now. That being said, he wants to be a Dodger! LOL, I guess just throwing money at people only works for about 60% of free agents these days.

He has interest in the Dodgers, he doesn't WANT to be a Dodger. Doesn't matter anyway cause Dodgers can't afford him if they want to keep Manny.
Yankees Will Offer Sheets Two-Year Deal

New York Daily News - According to a source, the Yankees will offer Ben Sheets a multi-year deal, most likely for two years in the $30 million range, before the winter meetings conclude on Thursday.

Sheets, a 30-year-old righthander who was one of the heroes of Team USA in the 2000 Olympics, declined arbitration this weekend, so he'll cost the team that signs him a first-round pick in next year's draft.

Link
  • obx49
  • Veteran
UPDATED: Giants talk to Sabathia’s camp; Yanks rumored to be out, Brewers emerging

Quote:
It sure must’ve have been a productive discussion, because word is that Sabathia has declined the Yankees’ six-year, $140 million offer. (I must stress that’s unconfirmed, but talk is spreading fast. If true, look for the Yanks to get hyper-aggressive on A.J. Burnett.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extrabaggs/2008/12/09/giants-talk-to-sabathias-camp-yanks-rumored-to-be-out/

• JR80
  • Veteran

He has interest in the Dodgers, he doesn't WANT to be a Dodger. Doesn't matter anyway cause Dodgers can't afford him if they want to keep Manny.

Sure he has interest in them...that's more than you can say about his feelings toward the Yankees!

Cash chuckin' for another 3rd place finish?

Sure he has interest in them...that's more than you can say about his feelings toward the Yankees!

Cash chuckin' for another 3rd place finish?

the yanks think they can just buy any one but NEWS FLASH not every one likes playing in NY and not every one can be happy getting paid tons and being miserable for 6+ yrs wearing those damn pinstripes
The Yanks needed Cashman, Girardi AND Reggie Jackson to meet with CC!?!!?!? Holy Full Court Press, Batman!!!

HAHAHAHAH f**k YEAH! CC IS A YANKEE! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH f**k YEAH!!!!!
Report: Sabathia To Sign With Yanks

New York Post - Prized free agent pitcher CC Sabathia has decided to wear pinstripes, according to a published report by the New York Post on its web site Wednesday.

Sabathia has accepted a six-year, $140 million contract offer from the Yankees.

If the figures are accurate, it is the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.

The decision came late Tuesday night after Yankees GM Brian Cashman left the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas to speak with Sabathia and his wife Amber in San Francisco.

Link
Share 49ersWebzone