LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 338 users in the forums

49ers WR Thread (Shanny Offense)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Taylor reminds me of old school wr. Don Bebe.

Steve Tasker?

More of this please.
So who stays/goes?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So who stays/goes?

Safe IMO Pettis, Deebo, Hurd, Goodwin. In a fight for a roster spot Taylor vs James and Bourne vs Mathews.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

Are really the only locks. We don't know for 100% sure right now but you've gotta think Goodwin and Taylor are pretty safe. So that's five. So it's down to Bourne, Matthews and James. I think Matthews is better than Bourne but it'll obviously come down to how they show in practice and preseason. In the end my guess is

Z: Samuel and Hurd
X: Pettis and Goodwin
Slot: Taylor and Matthews
Originally posted by 91til:
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

Are really the only locks. We don't know for 100% sure right now but you've gotta think Goodwin and Taylor are pretty safe. So that's five. So it's down to Bourne, Matthews and James. I think Matthews is better than Bourne but it'll obviously come down to how they show in practice and preseason. In the end my guess is

I think Bourne and probably James are gone.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

Agreed.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Never been a Bourne fan.
He can be electric when he gets the ball but doesn't get open enough.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

I think Samuel plays the slot - replacing Taylor.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 27, 2019 at 3:43 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Safe IMO Pettis, Deebo, Hurd, Goodwin. In a fight for a roster spot Taylor vs James and Bourne vs Mathews.

Mattews, Taylor and James made their living in the slot mostly. Bourne on the outside. I think Trent is safe if his back is healed. Comes down to who is healthy at the end of off season. James is on the bubble, maybe put on the ps if he still qualifies.

Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Samuel plays the slot - replacing Taylor.

That's where he played mostly in college, but here he is probably going to be given a chance to take Garcon's place. Can't always judge where they played in college as where they will play in the pros. He runs a complete route tree and is strong and physical, gets separation, just not 6' or taller.
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

I'll be shocked if Jordan Matthews makes the team...only got $300k guaranteed and can't stay healthy.
RB: Jerick McKinnon; Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida & Raheem Mostert
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; Jalen Hurd
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Trent Taylor; Richie James Jr.
ZWR: Deebo Samuel; Jordan Matthews
It's crazy we went WR in the second and third round
Originally posted by NCommand:
RB: Jerick McKinnon; Tevin Coleman, Matt Breida & Raheem Mostert
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; Jalen Hurd
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Trent Taylor; Richie James Jr.
ZWR: Deebo Samuel; Jordan Matthews

This is my prediction. Barring a surprise, I think those 6 receivers make the roster. I think James is being overlooked by many. Unless he has a bad camp, he stays. That group also is a very diverse group.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pettis
Samuel
Hurd

I'll be shocked if Jordan Matthews makes the team...only got $300k guaranteed and can't stay healthy.

It depends. If Matthews looks like one of the top 3 (it will be VERY HARD to do), he stays. If lower, he is cut in favor of the younger guys.
Share 49ersWebzone