49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 512 users in the forums

49ers WR Thread (Shanny Offense)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've gleaned that Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate, and now it's been confirmed by 49ers WR coach:

LaFleur said a premium is placed on how well a player separates and how he performs on plays in which the ball is not thrown his way. The 49ers' coaching staff is always watching, he said.

Simply put, Kyle wants guys that can separate with speed, quickness, and/or route running--preferably all 3.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by Heroism:
I've gleaned that Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate, and now it's been confirmed by 49ers WR coach:

LaFleur said a premium is placed on how well a player separates and how he performs on plays in which the ball is not thrown his way. The 49ers' coaching staff is always watching, he said.

Simply put, Kyle wants guys that can separate with speed, quickness, and/or route running--preferably all 3.
Two ways to separate, horizontally if you are a jitter bug kind of WR that has tremendous quickness and agility, sorta like the smurfs with Dan Marino, or vertically like Dwight Clark and the "Catch." Either way, WR separation from the defender is always a good thing for an offense and a QB in particular.

Best kind of WR corps is where every WR can do both. Jump vertically and have the ability to separate through quickness and acceleration. Next year, if CJ does pan out and become a possible good QB and we don't feel the need to draft a Franchise QB, I think a franchise WR would be a good place to spend some draft capital. Again, that also depends on whether Dumervill, Pita, Solomon, and the rest of this years defensive draft picks, perform as advertised on paper. If they don't I wouldn't mind drafting another LEO kind of player with the first or second pick of the draft, and just continue to get Free Agent WR's.
Anybody know how BJ Johnson is really doing? At least he's another big bodied wr.

Updates?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Two ways to separate, horizontally if you are a jitter bug kind of WR that has tremendous quickness and agility, sorta like the smurfs with Dan Marino, or vertically like Dwight Clark and the "Catch." Either way, WR separation from the defender is always a good thing for an offense and a QB in particular.

Best kind of WR corps is where every WR can do both. Jump vertically and have the ability to separate through quickness and acceleration. Next year, if CJ does pan out and become a possible good QB and we don't feel the need to draft a Franchise QB, I think a franchise WR would be a good place to spend some draft capital. Again, that also depends on whether Dumervill, Pita, Solomon, and the rest of this years defensive draft picks, perform as advertised on paper. If they don't I wouldn't mind drafting another LEO kind of player with the first or second pick of the draft, and just continue to get Free Agent WR's.

Terrell Pryor, Deandre Hopkins, Alan Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Alshon Jeffery, Devante Adams and Jarvis Landry just to name a few.
I hope you guys understand my point ...on the wr ...but I don't understand the hype on the small wr in practice ,but does it really translate to on the field production
I suggest we with Tim Patrick .Deandre Smelter,P.Garcon K.Bourne Aldrick Robinson .Goodwin ..
I wish we take a chance with Dorial greenbeckham
Baller
can we please have bolden and taylor make the team
Taylor is a lock.

Taylor/Kerley as PR and Taylor/Mostert at KR doesn't leave any room for Bolden.

The real battle IMO is between Bolden and Mostert, who's the better returner, and more importantly, who can also contribute at their position. I think Mostert edges Bolden out on that.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Taylor is a lock.

Taylor/Kerley as PR and Taylor/Mostert at KR doesn't leave any room for Bolden.

The real battle IMO is between Bolden and Mostert, who's the better returner, and more importantly, who can also contribute at their position. I think Mostert edges Bolden out on that.

I think youre right if the spot is between them. Were just playing real life fantasy and want both lol.
Taylor reminds me of old school wr. Don Bebe.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Taylor reminds me of old school wr. Don Bebe.

in which ways?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Taylor reminds me of old school wr. Don Bebe.

in which ways?

They're white
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone