Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Depth Chart currently looks like:

1. Pierre Garcon
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Marquise Goodwin
4. Aldrick Robinson
Lots of speed. Still need a big guy. Waiting on TP to join. or to draft Mike Williams, Corey Davis. Or the Josh Gordon trade that I'm hoping for most. Faith in Shanny
I like it. Way more dynamic than the group we had last year.

Assuming we take at least one WR in the draft who will be on the squad, that will likely leave one roster spot for Ellington, Smelter, Rogers, Burbridge, Harper, Carter, Ross to compete for. May the best scrub win.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Assuming we take at least one WR in the draft who will be on the squad, that will likely leave one roster spot for Ellington, Smelter, Rogers, Burbridge, Harper, Carter, Ross to compete for. May the best scrub win.

Out of all those guys im rooting for Rogers. Hope he can show something this season and win a roster spot.
Originally posted by Kuya:

1. Pierre Garcon
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Marquise Goodwin
4. Aldrick Robinson

Draft a big body WR early. Garçon-Goodwin on the outside with Kerley working the slot Robinson,Burbridge,Ellington in rotation.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

1. Pierre Garcon
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Marquise Goodwin
4. Aldrick Robinson

Draft a big body WR early. Garçon-Goodwin on the outside with Kerley working the slot Robinson,Burbridge,Ellington in rotation.

We aren't keeping 7 WR's
Any receiver worth drafting at #2?
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

1. Pierre Garcon
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Marquise Goodwin
4. Aldrick Robinson

We aren't keeping 7 WR's

So it's Garçon, Goodwin, Kerley, Robinson, Draft pick and Burbridge-Ellington battle
Originally posted by jreff22:

1. Pierre Garcon
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Marquise Goodwin
4. Aldrick Robinson

We aren't keeping 7 WR's

So it's Garçon, Goodwin, Kerley, Robinson, Draft pick and Burbridge-Ellington battle

We might bypass a rookie. Let the current guys battle it out and see if we have something. There are like 4 guys that will be competing for that last spot.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Nah, but if we trade to #6 with the jets, for our #2, get an extra 2nd. Trade back a few more spots again and repeat, then hell yeah.. Williams or Davis!
3 second rounders is enough to pop back in the 1st round and still keep a 2nd
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:56 PM ]

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Out of all those guys im rooting for Rogers. Hope he can show something this season and win a roster spot.

I'm also most intrigued by Rogers, hopefully he can be healthy through TC to see what he's got.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Fournettte is a great pass receiving RB...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I'm also most intrigued by Rogers, hopefully he can be healthy through TC to see what he's got.

Definitely keep him through training camp at least. I liked Burbridge last season. He was great on special teams.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Definitely keep him through training camp at least. I liked Burbridge last season. He was great on special teams.

Yup. I liked the pick and he was a good player at Michigan State. The good thing with all this WR competition is that the last spot will truly be earned. Last year we were projecting Ellington, Rogers, Smelter, and Burbridge to all make the roster. Now only one, or possible none, will make the team this year. Lynch is increasing the talent base significantly.
Why do so many people believe you "need" a big-bodied wide receiver? You don't. How many jump ball fades did Shanahan dial up in the end zone? He schemes guys open.

I'll take speed and quickness combined with elite play design and play calling over sheer size.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 9, 2017 at 9:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone