There are 551 users in the forums
kendall hunter's role in the future
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM
- gold49er2183
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,437
Yes.
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,585
He's a #1 caliber back. We have to see if he remains that after recovering from his injury. But if fully healthy, he is a legitimate all-time back due to his complete skill set in blocking, running, and receiving.
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,144
nope not a number 1 back. he lacks the balance and gets knocked off his feet easily. good change of pace back though
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM
- JerryRice1848
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,224
Barlow
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
- ginseng1000
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,146
i see LMJ and kendall hunter alternating.
interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college
and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.
interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college
and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM
- SFrush
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,423
Hard to say now because of his injury.
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
- TheRickestRick
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,450
He can absolutely be the #1 back in a rotation and he probably will be. He was among the leaders in YPA when healthy and rarely loses any yardage. He doesn't need to be a workhorse, those backs are fading out.
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
- IdahoNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,543
I see him as being a really solid back in a two back system. I dont see him carrying the load by himself for an entire season. I love hunter, but i dont see it. Same with LMJ. I think we need to look seriously at drafting gores eventual replacment either this year or next. I personally ould spend a flyer on Lattimore if he falls to the third. He could sit a year, then next season start getting some carries, and then by his third year probably be ready to take over.
Feb 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
I could definitely see Hunter as the #1 back in the future, especially in the pistol. Assuming he comes back healthy, he should regain his spot as the change of pace back. He looks like a better runner than James, though LaMichael is a good player in his own right.
Feb 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM
- Bali-Niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,107
Originally posted by susweel:
nope not a number 1 back. he lacks the balance and gets knocked off his feet easily. good change of pace back though
This true..
He is NOT a Barlow type runner..mannn..
Feb 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM
- Bali-Niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,107
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i see LMJ and kendall hunter alternating.
interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college
and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.
read option..suxors...if you don't run it at the 5, 3 times, then what the f**k good is it??!
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:09 AM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
Kendall has shown surprising power for his size. I don't know if he can carry the full load. We've been very spoiled with Frank back there (and he's not slowing down).
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:34 AM
- mike4949
- Veteran
- Posts: 6
Kendall is our future everydown back, and I'm glad you guys brought this up. I was afraid he was getting forgotten about, but K. Hunter is the man!
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM
- mike4949
- Veteran
- Posts: 6
the pistol is a good formation to use all throughout the game, that's what good it it