There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

kendall hunter's role in the future

• gotem
  • Veteran
Do you guys see kendall as a number 1 back for the niners in the future? I like his potential, but the only back his size that is a legit #1 would be mjd. I have not seen kendall with that type of power yet...I feel gore has two to three solid good seasons left
Yes.
He's a #1 caliber back. We have to see if he remains that after recovering from his injury. But if fully healthy, he is a legitimate all-time back due to his complete skill set in blocking, running, and receiving.
nope not a number 1 back. he lacks the balance and gets knocked off his feet easily. good change of pace back though
Barlow
i see LMJ and kendall hunter alternating.

interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college

and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.
Hard to say now because of his injury.
He can absolutely be the #1 back in a rotation and he probably will be. He was among the leaders in YPA when healthy and rarely loses any yardage. He doesn't need to be a workhorse, those backs are fading out.
I see him as being a really solid back in a two back system. I dont see him carrying the load by himself for an entire season. I love hunter, but i dont see it. Same with LMJ. I think we need to look seriously at drafting gores eventual replacment either this year or next. I personally ould spend a flyer on Lattimore if he falls to the third. He could sit a year, then next season start getting some carries, and then by his third year probably be ready to take over.
I could definitely see Hunter as the #1 back in the future, especially in the pistol. Assuming he comes back healthy, he should regain his spot as the change of pace back. He looks like a better runner than James, though LaMichael is a good player in his own right.
Originally posted by susweel:
nope not a number 1 back. he lacks the balance and gets knocked off his feet easily. good change of pace back though

This true..

He is NOT a Barlow type runner..mannn..
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i see LMJ and kendall hunter alternating.

interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college

and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.

read option..suxors...if you don't run it at the 5, 3 times, then what the f**k good is it??!
Kendall has shown surprising power for his size. I don't know if he can carry the full load. We've been very spoiled with Frank back there (and he's not slowing down).
Kendall is our future everydown back, and I'm glad you guys brought this up. I was afraid he was getting forgotten about, but K. Hunter is the man!
the pistol is a good formation to use all throughout the game, that's what good it it