LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

kendall hunter's role in the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think he's too small to be a featured back in the NFL (guys like MJD are the exception to the rule, too -- I don't think he should be used as a counter argument). Just can't see his body holding up.

That said, in a committee of running backs I think he can be a very valuable player. I'm not sure what we will do after Gore leaves. James, Hunter and a big bruising back that can pound it out for a few yards.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i see LMJ and kendall hunter alternating.

interesting how LMJ and kendall both played in the read option spread offense during college

and we will probably have one power back. I doubt they will keep anthony dixon as the power back. I feel they may draft or sign a power back.

They really should be using Bruce Miller in that capacity. The dude is not afraid of contact. I think he has a skill set similar to Rathman. Why they don't use it is beyond me.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
They really should be using Bruce Miller in that capacity. The dude is not afraid of contact. I think he has a skill set similar to Rathman. Why they don't use it is beyond me.

I agree. I don't recall Miller running much, but I would like to see him catching more passes out of the backfield. Nice hands and does good things when he catches the ball. He's a guy that can contribute about 30 catches a season for us. As far as running the ball, it wouldn't hurt us to see what he could do.

Either way, I look forward to having the full complement of backs with a 1-2-3 punch of Gore-Hunter-James.
bumping this thread following the addition of lattimore.

i feel like hunter & James will be in direct competition to be the change of pace back behind gore and, in the years ahead, Marcus lattimore. Im rooting for hunter but I don't know how much of an advantage he has on James post-injury.

I'm not as high on James as some others, partly because his Superbowl fumble & his annoying attention-whore tweets (which I believe say something about a mans focus)
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on May 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM ]
i don't think he's big enough to be a number 1...but he's definitely in the future plans and i like him better than lmj
chiefs trade bait
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Barlow

don't you dare compare him to that scum
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
LMJ and Hunter will fight for the starting Job once Frank the Tank calls it a career ....it's a nice problem to have , 3 quality RB's is a great luxury

If Lattimore can come all the way back he will be the #1 back with Hunter and LMJ getting 3rd down plays. Hunter is good but probably not the potential talent that Lattimore is.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on May 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]
Hunter will start for us if, after Gore leaves, Lattimore can't return to form. Hunter is the 2nd best blocking RB on this team. His size is greatly misleading when it comes to his strength and skill. At 5-7 200, Hunter is big enough to be a starting running back.

Having watched Hunter for a long time, I believe he has elite vision that you just can't really teach.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hard to say now because of his injury.

this

Post-Gore the depth chart will read Lattimore numero uno, LMJ 2 and Hunter 3.
If lattimore can make a full comeback he's got a chance to be the best back in the league. I'm excited to see.
Pistol sets involving three RBs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If Lattimore can recover and regain his form after his injury and perform accordingly, he will be the No. 1 back. Kendall and LaMike will probably be on equal status as the alternating 2nd backs. But, if for some reason Lattimore doesn't work out, I can see the 9ers drafting another RB as the future featured back.
earth wind and fire like the giants...they had three 1000 yard rushers...we can definitely do that now and in the future with lattimore LMJ and KH
Share 49ersWebzone