LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Are the 49ers a "MISSED WINDOW" team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Perhaps. I'd like to see him stay in the pocket more and go through more reads. Only bring out the running in the playoffs. Not just 1 or 2 reads. Do 3 and 4. Stay in there. I think he wil become a better QB and have a longer career at the top too.

I think you're going to see less and less of those designed running plays for Kaepernick and they actually didn't do it as much as people think anyway. But, the better he gets at just throwing passes, going through his reads and running that offense, the less he'll be running. And, the nice thing is that it's always there waiting to explode when the pocket breaks down and he has to scramble. He really does get up and go when there is nothing in front of him. It's like 20 yards before they even know he's taken off.

Yeah I agree that they'll run less of the designed runs with him as he becomes more comfortable in the offense. He far more dangerous running out of the pocket anyways because usually all the DBs have their back to the LOS because they're afraid to get burned deep. Like Young later on in his career some teams seemed to forget that at any moment he could easily tuck that ball and run if he caught them slipping.
Yes. Our best chance was over the last two years. I guarentee this 49ers team under Harbaugh + Kaepernick will never make it back to the Superbowl
Originally posted by MrFantastic:
Yes. Our best chance was over the last two years. I guarentee this 49ers team under Harbaugh + Kaepernick will never make it back to the Superbowl

I still think he's being sarcastic.

Real trolls at least attempt to cause a little hurt.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I still think he's being sarcastic.

Real trolls at least attempt to cause a little hurt.

When it happens, don't act like I never told ya
this team wont stop til it gets a ring. theyre building on the year before already and FA hasnt even started and they are loaded to restock in the draft. niners window is still wide open. kaep is just scratching his potential and harbaugh is still the best coach in the league.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) The 49ers winning the game in the 4th quarter last year in the NFC Championship fumble 2 punts. One in the 4th quarter and one in overtime to lose a narrow game. Miss the Super Bowl. (2011)

Result = Come up short. Lost year.

2) The following year the 49ers advance 1 step further but fall hugely behind 28 - 6 by the 3rd quarter. They didn't even play the 1st two quarters. Simply horrible. Then fight all the way back and have 1st and goal at the 7 with minutes left for a chance to win the Super Bowl. They then blow all 4 plays and questionable calls. (2012)

Result = Come up short. Lost year.

A top flight team that comes up short year after year. We have seen this before. It's the BUFFALO BILLS SYNDROME. Can't close the deal.

You only have so much window and I fear we are wasting it. Justin Smith is not getting younger and already is starting to show signs of injury and wear and tear. Frank Gore is getting older and has taken a pounding over the years. Dashon Goldson is a FA again. Do we Franchise him again? Will we let him go to save money?

Everybody thought Dan Marino would be in Super Bowl after Super Bowl. But he made it only once and never again. There is no guarantee we will be back.

Care to compare Coaches... I mean... Look at the Steelers in the last 7 years... please reply, id like to see what you have to say about that.
Originally posted by MrFantastic:

Let's see what happens with the draft, but the defense will very likely experience a drop-off this year. The offense'd better take up the slack.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Let's see what happens with the draft, but the defense will very likely experience a drop-off this year. The offense'd better take up the slack.

That is essentially what will happen. We probably won't have a better defense than the one in 2011 but wasn't the team more balanced last year?

A) I didn't think we could return to the SB after getting embarrassed by the Giants mid season
B) I didn't think we could make a serious SB run with a 1st year starter

So I'll continue to wait and see
We are getting better and still have more draft picks and key hurt players from last year cOming back.
YES! We are losing more players than the Ravens! The defense will continue to get worse and I'm not sure the offense can pick up the slack. Those last three plays from the Super Bowl are going to haunt us for a long time...epic fail!

Share 49ersWebzone