There are 168 users in the forums

Are the 49ers a "MISSED WINDOW" team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
For teams with an elite QB, the window is often open for years. I think Kaepernick is only now on the verge of being an elite NFL QB. They'll build an explosive offense around him, tweak the defense a little more, and the window will be open for the next 6 to 8 years.

^^This
Originally posted by JD9671:
To night we are young and years to come...................

Younger than 5 other teams.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/09/01/ranking-the-nfl-teams-by-age-rams-and-eagles-have-the-two-youngest-teams-in-the-nfl-chargers-are-the-oldest/

I hope this thread stays open next season, too much angst. You are good, just love it.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
nope, but we're officially contenders again. feels goodman
The window is wide open. The future is bright. It's great to be a Niner!
Baalke+Harbaugh+Kaep= the window open for a decade
From 2004 -2010 the window was never opened. It was stuffy. Kap comes around and simply opens the window for some fresh air.
Man...the damn thing just opened. How could it be closing already?
End this thread now
We are young at all the key positions, what we need is to find a young player or players that can replace an aging Justin Smith in the next couple of years, a back-up OLB to spell Aldon, and a 2nd WR. Maybe we need a all purpose RB to replace an aging Gore, but really our window is just opening, we look for all the world to be a dynasty in the making, if we don't screw it up!
Originally posted by fister30:
From 2004 -2010 the window was drilled shut. It was stuffy. Kap comes around and simply opens the window for some fresh air.

fixed

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
End this thread now

No, but teams like Broncos & Falcons probably are. Last month was likely their best chance to make SB for a long while. The 1 year Peyton Manning won his defense suddenly played lights out in the playoffs, then drew perhaps the worst opposing QB ever in a Superbowl. Matt Ryan just seems like Peyton 2.0. Great regular season and just misses something in playoffs. I know the stats on SB loser getting back the following year are bad, but Niners just seem more immune to that bleak outlook. How'd our supposed "regression to the mean" work out last season? It didn't except maybe turnover margin which was expected. Good health provided the SB window is wide open, plus no sophomore slump for Kap cuz last year he was an NFL "sophomore."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Baalke+Harbaugh+Kaep= the window open for a decade
as long as they draft better in two months than what they did last year.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed. A couple of good back-ups for the DL, a solid kicker and a true #2 WR from this draft = wide open window for at least 6-7 years.
Originally posted by ace52:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed. A couple of good back-ups for the DL, a solid kicker and a true #2 WR from this draft = wide open window for at least 6-7 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a starter on the defensive line out of this draft. D-linemen can sometimes step right in. I'll be they'll at least get someone who is going to be solid in the rotation. Their window is still opening. Think about it. Kaepernick will only get better. The D-line will have more depth next season - that's almost a given with the depth of D-line talent in this draft. And if any receiver they have or can get through FA or the draft steps up to be a true #2 or even equal to Crabtree, that offense will be absolutely explosive. I don't know why people aren't more optimistic about Gore - he showed this year that when he's being spelled during the season, he's solid and ready come playoff time. He may not have breakaway speed, but he still hits the hole and makes people miss and I don't know why he can't do that for a couple more years. And really, as much as I like Gore, the window doesn't close with his decline. Running back is actually one of those positions where someone can be plugged in easier than a lot of them. Assuming Kaepernick is what I think he is, they could be contenders for another 8 years.
Share 49ersWebzone