There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peter King breaks down the last sequence

go with the jumbo ,hand the ball to gore on second and 7 and he will get the 7 yards needed over the 3 plays with very little time left,it seems obvious , i will take this one to the grave
Why are we bringing back these threads that started the day after the Super Bowl. It's over. There's a bright future. The window of the Kaepernick era is just opening and hopefully, it lasts seven to ten years. The window opened with a rather large bang. Let's move on.

Please.
ok beeker i will i needed someone to say it ;)
How many times have 49er fans gone over this last series? My take on the last plays were that the Raven defense had an advantage from the 10 yard line to the 5. Outside the the ten there was space for the spread. Inside the 5, first play up the middle, second a wide pitch or run and we score. But at the 7 the Ravens don't need speed, they can just mug the receivers and hold at the line of scrimmage. The play calling by the 49er staff seemed to freeze. I'll tell all 49er fans how I watch the Super Bowl without going nuts, on the last drive when we reach the 7 yard line I turn off the TV. It works everytime.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by Joecool:
We really need that hot route type of TE or WR. We get killed on these types of situations where it's a split second throw.

I thought we've always had these and it's up to the QB to call the hot routes?

It's not just about calling the hot routes. Baltimore was covering tight in the redzone. I read that Kaep only had a 48% completion percentage in the redzone during the playoffs. So Roman and Harbaugh played right into Baltimore's hands by letting Kaep throw it three times in that last series. Plenty of blame to go around.
simply this: #21 had just run for 33 yards. I understand giving the ball to #23...2yds; ok give the ball to #21. the ravens are tired #52 is wheezing and #21 is in beast mode. give him the ball and he kills the whole ravens defense to get in ez. for proof, watch #21 hit the D TACKLE on a protection package and absolutely positively STONEWALL his big a$$! #21 is our MONEY PLAYER!!!
Why are we still discussing this? Even if we scored, I'm convinced the defense would have let us down.
This should be renamed "The 49er masochist thread".
i dont care anymore, we lost, get over it

moving on....
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
its always sad in sports when a team known for something goes away from it at the most crucial point of the season. i could understand 1 pass maybe on a boot leg or something. but gore not touching it down there, its just sad.

I have no doubt that if Gore had been given 3 tries he would have found the end zone. The fact that he didn't even touch the ball is an epic fail that I will never forgive.

You know what they say about hindsight. I think the fade to Crabs aws a good pass anf playcall. The thing that killed the 9ers is the fact that the Ravens had a no call left in the stash.
Originally posted by NinerTy:
simply this: #21 had just run for 33 yards. I understand giving the ball to #23...2yds; ok give the ball to #21. the ravens are tired #52 is wheezing and #21 is in beast mode. give him the ball and he kills the whole ravens defense to get in ez. for proof, watch #21 hit the D TACKLE on a protection package and absolutely positively STONEWALL his big a$$! #21 is our MONEY PLAYER!!!

Yeah - we played right into their hands with the play calling. Naked bootleg - Kap hadn't run it all year, the blitzer on that side and DL were all crashing to the offenses right on those zero blitzes. a fake pitch naked boot would have put Kap's athleticism isolated on backside defenders. I'll take that match-up every day. Should have been called on 3rd down. But hey, what do I know.
You cry yourself to sleep forever over this last sequence. But we lost because we dug ourselves a 6 - 28 hole by the time we starting playing. If not for the power outage you can argue that we would have been blown out. The outage changed the momentum and got us back in the game.

We really lost when Justin Smith got hurt. Our pass rush turned to useless and Aldon Smith pulled a complete disappearing act from every game forward after that. If this year taught us anything it taught us that we are toast without a healthy Justin Smith. Our secondary struggled because of his injury too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You cry yourself to sleep forever over this last sequence. But we lost because we dug ourselves a 6 - 28 hole by the time we starting playing. If not for the power outage you can argue that we would have been blown out. The outage changed the momentum and got us back in the game.

We really lost when Justin Smith got hurt. Our pass rush turned to useless and Aldon Smith pulled a complete disappearing act from every game forward after that. If this year taught us anything it taught us that we are toast without a healthy Justin Smith. Our secondary struggled because of his injury too.

Dude the outage did not get us back in the game. We were on 3rd down when it happened, we went back on field and didn't convert. Baltimore's offense got the ball right away....