There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

I would have to live with a loss, as there is nothing I can/could do about it.
That said, I don't WANT the teams SB record to have a blemish on it. I think
most of us, are going to be GREEDY like That.
To the original point. The fact that the Head coaches are brothers and there is alot of mutual respect and comparisons between our teams that have been there for years I think that there will not be much ill will on either side of this game. The Ravens will take it well. Ray has a ring and he'll get over it. I live on the east coast and have tons of friends in the Baltimore area and know some hard corps Ravens fans. They all respect the hell out of our team and they love John Harbaugh and by default love Jim. We are not the steelers or patriots. There is a history of mutual respect, family, and orginizational ties that is the background. This isn't like playing you hated rival. For both teams it's about achieving the ultimate. So I think the Ravens, players, coaches and fans will take it well when we win.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
there is no winning to getting second at the super bowl in my opinion.

I would rather not be there than stain our perfect record in Super Bowls. Ignoring the previous out comes this is the only one of six I am nervous about. Pretty obvious the Ravens have caught fire at the right time. The early December Ravens looked like they were going to back slide all the way out of contention for a play-off spot. They barely get in at 10-6 and in the last two games beat the Broncos and Patriots on the road. They are playing very well on both sides of the ball, their defense made Brady look like a scrub. This one is going to be a nail bitter, we don't need to repeat Sunday's slow start for sure.
f**k ray lewis and his attention mongering. If i have to see him crying and talking about destiny after the game I will puke.
really? my thread thanking my fellow zoners for posting here throughout the dark years gets deleted? but some BS thread like this is here. haha. You go to the Superbowl to win, not to do the other team a favor.
"They are playing very well on both sides of the ball, their defense made Brady look like a scrub. This one is going to be a nail bitter, we don't need to repeat Sunday's slow start for sure."

Hopefully, the two weeks off gives the coaching staff enough time to come up with a good game plan and some extra surprises for the Ravens. This Super Bowl is going to be more like the two wins over the Bengals than the wins over the Dolphins, Broncos, and Chargers, that is to say--a nailbiter.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Jan 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
Double-post
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Jan 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
The only way a Superbowl loss could equal a win for me would be if I was so depressed I went to the store buy a drink, bought a lottery ticket, and won.

Otherwise, Superbowl loss is worst thing possible that can happen (in sports terms). Don't give a crap about Ray Lewis, he's great but who cares he is not on my team. John Harbaugh seems like a cool guy and would probably be my 2nd or 3rd choice if Jim were not here, but who cares he doesn't coach our team.

Personally I have always agreed that a Superbowl loss is worse than an NFCCG loss.
^^^Agreed^^^ 6-0 sounds so much better than 5-1.
Are you mad

The Super Bowl is always a must win
It's the freaking SUPER BOWL. No one wants to lose it.
I'm still shaking my head at this thread. One of the dumbest ever on the WZ.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I will not be happy with being first team of losers to not win a SB.

This
f**k ray lewis, hes not a 49er. hes a loud mouthed religious maniac whos acting like the ravens winning the superbowl is manifest destiny lol. if the niners lose there is no win in the situation. niners win, we win. niners lose, we lose. simple as that. 6-0 looks f**kin incredible as a superbowl record, 5-1 looks good but we get tossed into the same pool as dallas and some of the 4 win teams who lost a bunch of times.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
f**k ray lewis, hes not a 49er. hes a loud mouthed religious murderer whos acting like the ravens winning the superbowl is manifest destiny lol. if the niners lose there is no win in the situation. niners win, we win. niners lose, we lose. simple as that. 6-0 looks f**kin incredible as a superbowl record, 5-1 looks good but we get tossed into the same pool as dallas and some of the 4 win teams who lost a bunch of times.

*Fixed
[ Edited by Igotta on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM ]