LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I can't believe 40%+ are simply happy to be in the Superbowl. Fellas, it ain't easy getting here. Kaep could have a severe injury next year, or any key player. You don't just get here because you have the best team. You get here from a lot of luck by beating the injury bug. Look at what happened to NE, they lose Woodhead and Gronk in one game.

The Superbowl window closes faster than you think. NEVER be happy to just be here.

THANK YOU!!!

You've to get extremely lucky to make it there and to win. I like the Ravens, but I don't care about them winning the Super Bowl over my Niners! f**k THAT. How can one be happy just to get to the Super Bowl. It means nothing if you lose.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I will never understand the mentality of those that think the goal is to get TO the Superbowl. Must be all those unfortunate kids who were raised in "everybody's a winner" programs. Really sad.

Fortunately, Jim Harbaugh understands the 49ers legacy: When we get to the Superbowl, we WIN the Superbowl. Success is measured in Lombardi trophies.
Originally posted by Lifer:
I will never understand the mentality of those that think the goal is to get TO the Superbowl. Must be all those unfortunate kids who were raised in "everybody's a winner" programs. Really sad.

Fortunately, Jim Harbaugh understands the 49ers legacy: When we get to the Superbowl, we WIN the Superbowl. Success is measured in Lombardi trophies.

Some people just don't have the mindset of being winners. Sucks for them!
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
must be new around here

Yep. But I'm not new when it comes to 9er message boards or being a niner fan. Been a niner fan for over 20 yrs.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not understand this logic. losing the super bowl is the most worst possible thing that could happen to anyteam especially to the niners. this is the most important and exciting game a team will ever play. if you lose it has been all for nothing. we do not go down to superbowls to "just be in them"

I never said that. I just appreciate Super Bowl appearances (whether they are a win or a loss) cuz I understand how difficult it is to win in the NFL.

The logic I don't get with some of you guys is being more okay with seeing another team celebrate going to the SB on our home turf after defeating us in the NFC title game than losing the Super Bowl.

/thread
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
I agree. As HORRIBLE as it would be losing the SB, at least we can say we made it there; 1st time since '94 doing so. That's almost 20 yrs since the last time we've been there. That's a long @ss time for any diehard fan to wait for their team to make it back to the SB.

But besides all that, none of us should really worry. Ravens are going to be tough as hell, but this team has no quit in them. We"ll fight to the bitter end and I truly believe Kap, our offense, defense, and ST's will do enough to beat them and claim our 6th SB title in our great teams Franchise history.

Go 9ers baby!!!!!!

Indeed.

I think people that has been 49er fans for a long time has more appreciation for winning seasons without rings than the fans that's younger or haven't been fans of the team for no longer than a decade or something.

I've been anticipating another SB win since 1995 when we last won one. So after enduring years of losing and frustration from mediocre/bad coaches, salary cap issues, and last years' NFC title loss of course I'll be glad to see the 49ers to at least be able to compete in a Super Bowl. Now would I be disappointed if they lost? Of course..
Wow, so yall "Its all about winning the Super Bowl or the season sucked" folks will get miserable any season the 49ers don't win the Super Bowl eh?

Well here's a news flash: The 49ers will not win the Super Bowl every year.

Some of u guys are continue to be miserable then. Even though i'll be disappointed and upset if the 49ers lose, but being miserable each year they don't win it all? nah, not me.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
What's with the love fest for Balt? I don't give a flying fvk if Harbaugh's grandma was the QB for the ravens and the Virgin Mary, I want Aldon to break her friggin neck and bring home the trophy.
Coming in second to any team in the SuperBowl would automatically put them tied with Dallass on my s**t list.

Watching and listening to Rayray after a win would be unbearable.

gree!!
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Wow, so yall "Its all about winning the Super Bowl or the season sucked" folks will get miserable any season the 49ers don't win the Super Bowl eh?

Well here's a news flash: The 49ers will not win the Super Bowl every year.

Some of u guys are continue to be miserable then. Even though i'll be disappointed and upset if the 49ers lose, but being miserable each year they don't win it all? nah, not me.

Who's going to be miserable? Not me. We are just saying that the year will be just another year if we don't win it. Next year or 2 years from now, the end result will be no different than if we went 2-14 other than that we get the 2nd to last draft pick.

The news flash is that the 49ers will not go to a Superbowl every year. This means EVERY year is a failure unless you win it. Do you really consider the years 91-94, 96-2012 a success?

No, because no one cares about those. So, it's not just "yeah we made it...oh well."

For this year to be a success, we must win it, or we just move on to next year and hope we win it next year.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]

Originally posted by Joecool:
Who's going to be miserable? Not me. We are just saying that the year will be just another year if we don't win it. Next year or 2 years from now, the end result will be no different than if we went 2-14 other than that we get the 2nd to last draft pick.

The news flash is that the 49ers will not go to a Superbowl every year. This means EVERY year is a failure unless you win it. Do you really consider the years 91-94, 96-2012 a success?

No, because no one cares about those. So, it's not just "yeah we made it...oh well."

For this year to be a success, we must win it, or we just move on to next year and hope we win it next year.

Not disagreeing with you that if we don't win the SB, it'll be just another year. I never said otherwise.

The only thing I've been saying is that I appreciate and enjoy seeing the 9ers make it to the SB and I would feel better about them losing in the SB than losing ANOTHER NFC title game since the 9ers lost their last two.
Share 49ersWebzone