There are 246 users in the forums

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I can't believe 40%+ are simply happy to be in the Superbowl. Fellas, it ain't easy getting here. Kaep could have a severe injury next year, or any key player. You don't just get here because you have the best team. You get here from a lot of luck by beating the injury bug. Look at what happened to NE, they lose Woodhead and Gronk in one game.

The Superbowl window closes faster than you think. NEVER be happy to just be here.

Think a lot of us (including me) are just nervous about the possibility of losing. God forbid we do, there has got to be something good that we can remember from this past yr. And 1 of those things could be our crazy ride through the season and playoffs to get to the SB.

But again, I do get and pretty much agree with you too. If we lose it would be beyond heartbreaking and to many our ride getting to the SB will all be for not. Half of me will feel like that too. Let's hope to God we don't have to worry about any of that.

I won't be happy if we lose. I won't care either because once it is done, then it is done. But I will NEVER say..."Oh yeah, that was a good season." What do we say about the season Hearst broke his ankle? We don't say it was good. We say it sucked.

Still though, won't be hard for me to move on but it will NEVER be a good season to me if we lose. It will simply be any other season we did not win a superbowl.

I feel ya man. Like I said before, a huge part of me will feel exactly like that too.

But now is not the time to talk about all of this. We got a SB to win, brother.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think we are the enemies in the public's eye. Almost everyone is rooting against us for various reasons:

1-everyone loves ray lewis and wants him to get his ring
2-cowboys fans don't want us to be ahead of them...
3-Steelers fans, while they hate the ravens, don't want ust o catch up to them. It's the only thing they have (6) and coudl possibly brag about. We win sunday, and they have absolutely no bragging rights.
and they hate our coach
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Actually losing the Super Bowl would be easier for me to handle than losing ANOTHER NFC title game considering the 49ers lost their last 2 with last year's being so close and one they should've won. Its good to AT LEAST see the 49ers finally BACK IN the Super Bowl.

An appearance in and lost of the Super Bowl doesn't equate to a win, but I do have that "well at least" outlook.

I agree. As HORRIBLE as it would be losing the SB, at least we can say we made it there; 1st time since '94 doing so. That's almost 20 yrs since the last time we've been there. That's a long @ss time for any diehard fan to wait for their team to make it back to the SB.

But besides all that, none of us should really worry. Ravens are going to be tough as hell, but this team has no quit in them. We"ll fight to the bitter end and I truly believe Kap, our offense, defense, and ST's will do enough to beat them and claim our 6th SB title in our great teams Franchise history.

Go 9ers baby!!!!!!
it means nothing if you do not win it in my opinion i do not know what is like to lose a super bowl and i never never want to find out.

I get that too man. I really do. But if we play our game, no team can beat us. I BELIEVE!!!
and i think you just may be right my friend i used to think you HAD to be playing your best ball of the year going into post season play,, well the efforts and results of the last two games have showed me that is outdated old timey thinking

THAT is coaching. The better coaches get into the playoffs with an ace up their sleeve. The others rely on momentum into the playoffs. Walsh always came out with some balls to the walls stuff once post season started. Even after he left, Shanny did the same and let Steve Young's legs loose.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Can someone please explain this thread and why we need it. Thanks

Can somebody plz help me understand ??........ I'm still waiting....anybody ??? I'm so confused....
[ Edited by dugo on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM ]
Originally posted by dugo:

Still waiting???

We have two weeks men! We need gap-fillers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dugo:

Still waiting???
i guess so we can make fun, in a good way, of posters who think it is just enough to be at the super bowl
I dont know whats going on in here but for some reason it gave me a boner
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol wtf
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Maybe just maybe Jim Harbs will change the game plan two days before the game because he really hates the 9ers and wants his brother John harbs to actually win..Or I bet Jim Harbs built a couple of collage teams that were winners so he could get hired as a NFL coach ,, in his second season get to the superbaugh against the other Harb and lose on purpose...thats a win win for sure...I see it clearly now..
Why do people care about Ray Lewis winning a ring?

Forget him, he's got one already, he can go f**k himself and take his traveling preacher sideshow elsewhere.

I think of guys like Gore, Justin Smith, Willis, Goldson, Alex.....who have been here through all sorts of crap, who have never won a ring and absolutely do damn deserve it.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm really shocked to some of the responses in this thread (and the other thread welcoming Ravens fans). Now, I too respect the Ravens organisations - I've often rooted for them in the AFC for almost a decade and I respect their fanbase as well.

But, it is NOT a win win situation. It is so difficult to get to the Super Bowl (and we should know this after not getting back here for 18 years). I also do not appreciate the fact that some other team has more Super Bowls trophies than us.

I'll be pretty upset if we don't win this Super Bowl. The fact is - we're a better team and we've a great opportunity to once again be the Champions.

So, for 12 days - f**k Ravens!
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Why do people care about Ray Lewis winning a ring?

Forget him, he's got one already, he can go f**k himself and take his traveling preacher sideshow elsewhere.

I think of guys like Gore, Justin Smith, Willis, Goldson, Alex.....who have been here through all sorts of crap, who have never won a ring and absolutely do damn deserve it.

Amen to all of that.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'm really shocked to some of the responses in this thread (and the other thread welcoming Ravens fans). Now, I too respect the Ravens organisations - I've often rooted for them in the AFC for almost a decade and I respect their fanbase as well.

But, it is NOT a win win situation. It is so difficult to get to the Super Bowl (and we should know this after not getting back here for 18 years). I also do not appreciate the fact that some other team has more Super Bowls trophies than us.

I'll be pretty upset if we don't win this Super Bowl. The fact is - we're a better team and we've a great opportunity to once again be the Champions.

So, for 12 days - f**k Ravens!

Amen to this too lol. Go 9ers baby!!!!!
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I will not be happy with being first team of losers to not win a SB.

Someone needs to cut the end of this with some Niners footage!
What's with the love fest for Balt? I don't give a flying fvk if Harbaugh's grandma was the QB for the ravens and the Virgin Mary, I want Aldon to break her friggin neck and bring home the trophy.
Coming in second to any team in the SuperBowl would automatically put them tied with Dallass on my s**t list.

Watching and listening to Rayray after a win would be unbearable.
Share 49ersWebzone