LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 225 users in the forums

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this a ''win-win'' situational game or a ''lose- who care

if we win , ...lol we win.
Ravens win, .....John , Harbros Sr and Ray get their ring.

or is it

We win, we become the legend killers (Tony G. *GUNSMOKE*) and the media and everyone else hates us because Ray didn't get his second
ring

I love me some Ray Lewis, but if we lose, and play soft just because it is Ray and John, I will be VERY pist off.

BTW $20 says that if we're winning by a landslide, Ray will fake an injury. DUde seems like a drama queen.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
there is no winning to getting second at the super bowl in my opinion.
If you don't win it was a waste, second place is the first loser in this case. If we were to lose I want it to be in the Conference Championship game. 6-0 sounds a whole lot better than 5-1.
If you don't win you lose.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM ]
If you ain't first, you're last.

I personally would rather lose the NFC Championship than go to the big dance and lose that. 49ers have never lost a Super Bowl - Let's keep it that way.
Can someone please explain this thread and why we need it. Thanks
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

So confused

I think everyone will try their very best to come out on top that day. You are underestimating the competitiveness in the Harbaugh household. Jim wants to be the better coach, just like he was the better player.
Do we need threads like this less than two weeks before the Super Bowl?

Lol this

I will feel terribly depressed if we lose the Super Bowl. There is only one good outcome in a Super Bowl--win the game!!
I was never raised to accept this 'purple ribbon' self-esteem (feel-good) b******t, and to quote the man whom the trophy is named after (Vincent Lombardi), "Winning isn't everything, IT'S THE ONLY THING".

The number of Superbowl appearances doesn't make a team great, it's the wins. To be the first, AND ONLY 6-0 franchise would be the ultimate accomplishment in any legit competitive sport, and I would not be happy to give that up for any 'feel-good' story on earth.

John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ray Lewis' are the only thing standing in the way of this... so they have to go down.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Lol this

+2
I couldn't care less about Ray Lewis getting another ring, actually I do care because I don't want to see him win another and I would only care about John Harbaugh winning one if they were playing a team I liked less than the Ravens and Ray Lewis was retired already.
I doubt Jim Harbaugh or any 49er want Ray or John to win either.
I get what you're saying. I'm sure we all HATE the idea of losing in the Super Bowl... That said, i can stomach it a bit more losing to John Harbaugh than say Bill belichick, Steelers, or *insert AFC team you really really hate*
Share 49ersWebzone