There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Packers Rivalry 1995 - Present

Originally posted by bigmur49:
Since when is it just a given that Brett Favruh was abetter QB than Steve Young. I don't believe that at all. Yes, his career stats are more impressive, but he also played way longer. For all of his great moments and highlights, I can find the same amount of big games that Favre lost all by himself at the end. I am not trying to say it is Young by a wide margin or anything, Favre is one of the best QB's ever, but so is Young in my opinion.

Hardly anyone is subjective these days. There is no way the likes of Tony Kornheiser should ever be allowed to voice a public opinion on QB play. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Favre - but, watching him play for 16 seasons, you learn a few things. Longevity is great, but so is the quality of work in that time, and, whilst it was stellar, Young's work in a shorter span of time was better. I say so because I constantly say "The only thing Favre has on Rodgers is longevity. And Rodgers has now been a starter for 5 seasons so the issue of longevity is fading"

Don't get it twisted, Steve Young is a better Quarterback than Brett Favre, just not as durable and had to start a little late.
I remember the 1995 loss most of all. I was in 4th grade, this was the first Niners season I really paid attention to (yes, I know, I missed all the Super Bowls...I hate myself). That day, I had to play a f*****g basketball game that cut right into the beginning of the game. My dad and I sprinted to the car after my game was over, flicked on the radio to catch up until we got to our TV at home aaaannnddd...21-0 Packers. From that moment forward, I hated Brett Favre and that team, and would only begrudgingly cheer for them over Dallas.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Hardly anyone is subjective these days.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, repectuflpacker, but I think you meant objective. There's a big difference between the two, and it's a lot less embarrassing to have it pointed out here, while we're just BS'ing about sports, than have it come up when it matters.

Again, I'm not trying to make you look like a fool. I'm trying to be helpful.

As for Kornholer, yeah, screw him ;) I sure hope he buys that Land Rover, that know-nothing has it coming to him. Better yet, I hope he buys the Lucas Electrics upgrade.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by kelson49er:
I remember the 1995 loss most of all. I was in 4th grade, this was the first Niners season I really paid attention to (yes, I know, I missed all the Super Bowls...I hate myself). That day, I had to play a f*****g basketball game that cut right into the beginning of the game. My dad and I sprinted to the car after my game was over, flicked on the radio to catch up until we got to our TV at home aaaannnddd...21-0 Packers. From that moment forward, I hated Brett Favre and that team, and would only begrudgingly cheer for them over Dallas.
Consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't witness the Adam Walker fumble. That play is almost right on par with the Jerry Rice touchdown called back in the first quarter of the 1993 NFC Title game against the Cowboys for a phantom holding call on Guy McIntyre.
This is not your daddy's 49ers. bring it on fudge packers
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, repectuflpacker, but I think you meant objective. There's a big difference between the two, and it's a lot less embarrassing to have it pointed out here, while we're just BS'ing about sports, than have it come up when it matters.

Again, I'm not trying to make you look like a fool. I'm trying to be helpful.

As for Kornholer, yeah, screw him ;) I sure hope he buys that Land Rover, that know-nothing has it coming to him. Better yet, I hope he buys the Lucas Electrics upgrade.

Haha lol I meant objective - think i was typing what I was thinking when thinking Kornheiser.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't witness the Adam Walker fumble. That play is almost right on par with the Jerry Rice touchdown called back in the first quarter of the 1993 NFC Title game against the Cowboys for a phantom holding call on Guy McIntyre.

I did have an Adam Walker football card that I tore up after the game, don't worry. They showed the replay enough for hate to enter my heart.
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't witness the Adam Walker fumble. That play is almost right on par with the Jerry Rice touchdown called back in the first quarter of the 1993 NFC Title game against the Cowboys for a phantom holding call on Guy McIntyre.

I did have an Adam Walker football card that I tore up after the game, don't worry. They showed the replay enough for hate to enter my heart.

Walker had a decent game and was awarded the starting FB Job a week prior to that Packers game in 95, if William Floyd was on the field, WE WIN THAT GAME
in the last 20 years... we beat them twice..
Wow, thanks for bringing this up...
damn you brought back memories of why i hated the packers growing up, except for the 98 lol... i went to church right after that game, a little late but made it haha.
new teams, new players, new coaches. Lets do this.



are the 49ers still favored?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
new teams, new players, new coaches. Lets do this.



are the 49ers still favored?

Right now we are favored between 2 and 3 depending on where you look.
Living next to the Kaep family all thru the 90's was BRUTAL!!!...All we had was 95..
Also, you could argue the Holmgren's Packers were our step child. The coaching, game strategy and roster setup. Only difference was our offense was run from the Left perspective. The Cowboys were the true ying and yang to us.



Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Never hated the Packers...It was always the Cowboys for me, and I think the difference was the attitude of the players and fan base. I never had a Pack fan around me who came anywhere close to the arrogance the Cowboys fans did back in the day. The Cowboys were to me then, what Seattle is becomming to me now. Their players were full of themselves, their fans were full of themselves and their owner was king of being full of himself. Replace owner with coach and it sounds an aweful lot like Seattle today.

The Pack on the other hand, their fans are usually knowledgable and fair, their players for the most part play with pride and respect, and their coach is generally regarded as a good guy. Sure they probably stopped us from being first to six in the late 90's...but I cant hate a team for not laying down when we want them too.
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]