LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Packers Rivalry 1995 - Present

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2013: 49ers physically man handle the Packers
man Rodgers looked pissed the whole 4th quarter like he was guna shoot up the place. I respect the guy and sucks that his team let him down but hey Kaep was unstoppable
The script has flipped!!! After years of being tortured by the Pack, being tortured by the 2005 draft and what could have been, the Pack are now our b***hes. They can now bow down to the superior team. Rodgers and Co. can look forward to seeing many seasons end by the hand of the 49ers.
we own these fools now
I'm thinking it's more their rivalry than it is ours.
3 straight beat down. Payback for when they had Favre and our s**tty years.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
3 straight beat down. Payback for when they had Favre and our s**tty years.

it's actually four, Alex Smith got a win before handing it over to Kaep. I used to despise Favre as a kid. He would torture the Niners
I actually was hoping some of you can fill me in. Wasn't sure to make a post of this or not. But speaking of rivalries. Have the 49ers Quarterbacks ever have a rivalry? Steve Young vs. Favre? I understand the seahawks and 49ers are rivals within the division. But are Russel Wilson and Colin Kaepernick rivals? What about other 49ers QB's? Jeff Garcia, Steve Young, etc.
Originally posted by plummerfan:
I actually was hoping some of you can fill me in. Wasn't sure to make a post of this or not. But speaking of rivalries. Have the 49ers Quarterbacks ever have a rivalry? Steve Young vs. Favre? I understand the seahawks and 49ers are rivals within the division. But are Russel Wilson and Colin Kaepernick rivals? What about other 49ers QB's? Jeff Garcia, Steve Young, etc.

Montana vs Phil Simms. Young vs Aikman. Rice vs Irvin. Eddie vs Jerry Jones
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
uhmmmm... I couldn't agree on the Montana vs. Simms.. I just didn't think even the NFL then would put another QB besides Joe's name.. he was pretty much left alone... I remember Simms vs Theismann... Ferigamo vs Bartkowski...

too bad the 80s didnt get a chance to see lots of Marino Elway, or Kelly Elway duel year in and year out..

Originally posted by 9moon:
uhmmmm... I couldn't agree on the Montana vs. Simms.. I just didn't think even the NFL then would put another QB besides Joe's name.. he was pretty much left alone... I remember Simms vs Theismann... Ferigamo vs Bartkowski...

too bad the 80s didnt get a chance to see lots of Marino Elway, or Kelly Elway duel year in and year out..

All the premier QBs of the '80s were in the AFC except for our own Montana. Theismann, Simms and Everett were very good QBs, but not quite at the level of Marino, Elway, etc.

NFC had the nasty defenses and running games and that's why they owned the entire decade save for the LA Raiders lone win against the Redskins.

Just think how many problems those defenses gave our elite QB.....and it's not like we didn't have a top defense or running game.....we did.

Looking back, I miss that level of parity. In today's game, an '84 SF crushes an '85 Chicago based on QB differential but back then those games were tight. We've lost to all of those non HOF '80s QBs in big games.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 17, 2015 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:

I remember a Mon nite game where Simms and Montana met at midfield jawing with evil intent. To me that's a rivalry and a pure hatred of one another
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Simms and Montana.. I only remember the Lott and Simms incident after the game..

... unless this was the game the Giants needed the 49ers to win (beat the Rams) so that they can be in the playoffs.. and Simms made a comment that " the 49ers,especially the offense laid there like dogs and didn't even bite back.. "

... Aside the Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers incident, we just don't see QBs barkin at each other anymore...
i feel like we win this game if steve was 100%
Originally posted by KEGster:
Oh wait, there is none. They have completely owned us.

Packers vs 49ers in NFC Playoffs for sixth time since 1995 (1-5)
1995: GB (+9.5) @ SF, Lost 17-27
1996: SF (?) @ GB, Lost 14-35
1997: GB (-1.5) @ SF, Lost 10-23
1998: GB (+3.5) @ SF, Won 30-27
2001: SF (+3.5) @ GB, Lost 15-25

Packers covered every single game. Yikes
http://www.beloitdailynews.com/sports/packers-ers-have-rich-playoff-history/article_0a9ed484-5b46-11e2-b2f2-001a4bcf887a.html

Steve Young is a borderline (depending who you ask) TOP10 QB in NFL History. But he struggled more often than not against the usually superior Packers defense in our head to head match ups regular season and playoffs.. And bottomline Favre is TOP5 in History for a reason. This Saturday, the Packers once again have the superior Quarterback.

This aged well.
Share 49ersWebzone