There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Im confident we win a close game. Not to worry about Kap, he is playing in front of his home crowd thats a plus for a rookie in his first playoff game. JH & GR have to call a good game and put kap in the best position to make a play. Greenbay isn't the same team from week one Rogers has that offense clicking as good as any in the leage, but our defense matchs up very effectively , so as long as we dont have second half new england melt down WE WIN.
SF...23 GB ...20
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Cant find any data out there on just past two seasons, and I'm too lazy to do math, but it would stand to reason the best W-L over the last 2 seasons would be Mike Smith, Belichick, McCarthy, Harbs would be right there with them.

To further back up your claim. Granted its just 2 seasons of work, but among active coaches, Harbaugh has the highest career winning percentange at .766, Belichick is at .726, with Smith at .700 Wiki Source....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_head_coaches

Thanks! Incredible that some Niner fans are pissed at him, isn't it.

No. Not really all that incredible. The first SB I ever watched was in 85. I was a niner fan from then on. No, I'm not fairweather, I was 9, give me some slack. People that were around for the days of Walsh, Joe, Steve, Seifert, we remember those times. Us and Dallas. Us and GB. A dynasty. As fans, we didnt come into a season wondering if we would win the division, we wondered if we would be the 1 or 2 seed and how which archrival could be us and how. 11-4-1 never would have been acceptable, ever. 0-1-1 against the Rams? We would have been calling for heads to roll.

I like Harbaugh I do. I think he will lead us back to where we belong, not among the elite, but THE elite team in the NFL. Eddies team. The team that thought perfect was the ultimate goal. Not just winning, not just SuperBowls, but being perfect in what they did. Rice, Lott, the greatest this game has ever known. The greatest teams ever.

Thats why some question Harbaugh. We're not that team, those teams. Can we be? Damn, I hope so, I miss those days.

For some of our fans to be upset at our record and at Harbaugh is good. It gives us balance. We have the posters that think he is the 2nd coming of Walsh, we have those who threw him under the bus after last years NFCC game. We need those who remember who were, the pride that we had. Not the years of Erickson, Nolan and Sing. However, they need to know that a team like we had comes across once in a lifetime, we've had two. Think of how the Browns would feel with a year like ours?

We've swallowed a bitter pill being Niner Faithfull for the last decade, and for some, they think its just more of the same. Remember, we were great, we will be great. I hope its Harbaugh that takes us there, and I have faith that crazy b*****d will. But for those that dont. More power to them, we've been mislead for so many years, its easy to be bitter. Let us win a SB, and then another, and then they will come around. I dont disrespect any that wish to wait that long. Just have FAITH.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Kap is going to start off slow as always, were going to get behind and lose.

You mean like how he started slowly in the Bears and Saints games?

Look at all the other games ......
I have to say that this is the first time this year that I actually think we are going to stomp someone.

We are built to beat these types of teams. Aldon Smith and Brooks are rested and they are going to blow up that undrafted RT. The teams that actually scared me were MN, SEA and WASH.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I have to say that this is the first time this year that I actually think we are going to stomp someone.

We are built to beat these types of teams. Aldon Smith and Brooks are rested and they are going to blow up that undrafted RT. The teams that actually scared me were MN, SEA and WASH.

what happened to ryan bologa?
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Cant find any data out there on just past two seasons, and I'm too lazy to do math, but it would stand to reason the best W-L over the last 2 seasons would be Mike Smith, Belichick, McCarthy, Harbs would be right there with them.

To further back up your claim. Granted its just 2 seasons of work, but among active coaches, Harbaugh has the highest career winning percentange at .766, Belichick is at .726, with Smith at .700 Wiki Source....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_head_coaches

Thanks! Incredible that some Niner fans are pissed at him, isn't it.

No. Not really all that incredible. The first SB I ever watched was in 85. I was a niner fan from then on. No, I'm not fairweather, I was 9, give me some slack. People that were around for the days of Walsh, Joe, Steve, Seifert, we remember those times. Us and Dallas. Us and GB. A dynasty. As fans, we didnt come into a season wondering if we would win the division, we wondered if we would be the 1 or 2 seed and how which archrival could be us and how. 11-4-1 never would have been acceptable, ever. 0-1-1 against the Rams? We would have been calling for heads to roll.

I like Harbaugh I do. I think he will lead us back to where we belong, not among the elite, but THE elite team in the NFL. Eddies team. The team that thought perfect was the ultimate goal. Not just winning, not just SuperBowls, but being perfect in what they did. Rice, Lott, the greatest this game has ever known. The greatest teams ever.

Thats why some question Harbaugh. We're not that team, those teams. Can we be? Damn, I hope so, I miss those days.

For some of our fans to be upset at our record and at Harbaugh is good. It gives us balance. We have the posters that think he is the 2nd coming of Walsh, we have those who threw him under the bus after last years NFCC game. We need those who remember who were, the pride that we had. Not the years of Erickson, Nolan and Sing. However, they need to know that a team like we had comes across once in a lifetime, we've had two. Think of how the Browns would feel with a year like ours?

We've swallowed a bitter pill being Niner Faithfull for the last decade, and for some, they think its just more of the same. Remember, we were great, we will be great. I hope its Harbaugh that takes us there, and I have faith that crazy b*****d will. But for those that dont. More power to them, we've been mislead for so many years, its easy to be bitter. Let us win a SB, and then another, and then they will come around. I dont disrespect any that wish to wait that long. Just have FAITH.

I think one thing people need to realize is Baalke and Harbuagh are building for the future too. We are not going to be a flash in the pan type of team. They are putting serious money into the OL and LB's, which are the heart of a franchise. We have great young talent at all of those positions, essentially.

Also, the old guard is dying...Brady and Manning only have 2 more years or so and they are done. Who fills the void after those pillars are done? Brees will have some good years left, but Rogers is really the only guy left. We are going to be around a long time.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I have to say that this is the first time this year that I actually think we are going to stomp someone.

We are built to beat these types of teams. Aldon Smith and Brooks are rested and they are going to blow up that undrafted RT. The teams that actually scared me were MN, SEA and WASH.

what happened to ryan bologa?

He's been on IR since like week 6. There were some articles about this earlier in the week. GB is going to need to help their OL a lot this game which hurts their style of game.
Originally posted by bigwads:
He's been on IR since like week 6. There were some articles about this earlier in the week. GB is going to need to help their OL a lot this game which hurts their style of game.

we don't get pressure on the QB ESP. ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I don't know if we neglect to attack the opposing team's right side, Ray Mac and Brooks are having off years in the sacks department, or both.

Just because they have a depleted line doesn't automatically mean our defense will have a field day on Rodgers. We blitz the least in the league.
I'm 50/50. This game could turn out either way.

Our boys better come out hungry and more importantly, ready to play.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I'm 50/50. This game could turn out either way.

Our boys better come out hungry and more importantly, ready to play.

this
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 871
We are going to dismantle them.

Ahmad Brooks and LaMichael James will be the X-Factors.

Their Head Coach is relaxin' because he thinks Joe Webb gives them the same look as Kap.

Right,

Joe Staley will be on his A-Game and shut down Clay Mathewa.

Vernon is going to burn Woodson. Don't be surprised if you see a few of those Seam passes from '09 pop up again in this game.

Crabtree is going to shine.

Gore will be involved but won't amaze in the stats department. Crucial screens and checkdowns, with a few big scampers on 2nd downs, along with immaculate pass protection.

I only worry about Goodwin vs. Raji
We're gonna win, no noubt about it.
if i take a dump before the game we'll smash, if not itll be a nail biter til the end.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 871
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if i take a dump before the game we'll smash, if not itll be a nail biter til the end.

Someone get this guy some pepto and a carton of newports