There are 253 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

The return of Alex Smith... BOOK IT
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pakalolo415:

ok , i am crazy but this is illogical.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by cciowa:
bullet point number one is so key,, i hope roman understands what most posters seem to understand. lets make sure we tackle the little used car salesman when he comes out of the back field, he gashed the vikes i thought.

There's a big difference between the Vikings middle linebackers and the Niners middle linebackers. I can imagine the Packers testing the left side, but I can't see them doing a lot of damage.
agree. i would like to think we will control him and make them on dimensional. i may be wrong but the pats did hurt us a bit with the run game? the more weapons we can take away from rogers and the more we hurry and hit him the better i think

too much pakalolo bra.............
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Confident BUT

a). A lot depends on the Game Plan - we need to Gore them to death

b). We MUST pressure Rodgers every single sanp - even if it's a run play we have to hit him, bump him, harrass him

c). We CAN"T let them back in the game if we get ahead - Huge mistake in the Pats game

d). More true WCO football, short quick slants to set up deep throws.

Confident BUT!

Same here......all..except I want a big play down-field every now and then to keep then honest at LOS.. NINERS!!
bullet point number one is so key,, i hope roman understands what most posters seem to understand. lets make sure we tackle the little used car salesman when he comes out of the back field, he gashed the vikes i thought.

He's pretty good for a car salesman..LOL..I think they tackle him. What you think; does Justin need help on his end, and anyway to give to him without taking Aldon out of his game?
someone smarter than me should answer your question but in order to rush the passer we do need justin in there to make aldon more effective,, in terms of run defense, i think we are still pretty good without justin. seattle i hope and lynch was a bump in the road on a bad night for all

There's a big difference between the Vikings middle linebackers and the Niners middle linebackers. I can imagine the Packers testing the left side, but I can't see them doing a lot of damage.
agree. i would like to think we will control him and make them on dimensional. i may be wrong but the pats did hurt us a bit with the run game? the more weapons we can take away from rogers and the more we hurry and hit him the better i think

Brady threw the ball 65 times. Pats weren't getting much done with their run game early. Woodhead had some success but that was when we were getting gassed from their no huddle and we expected them to pass. Speaking of which the 49ers need to prepare for the 2 min vs. GB.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I think people forget that we came off a thought-impossible road win against New England and limped into Seattle in attempt to pull off a feat no other team has this season, and we did this in a span of a week. If we'd played Seattle first we would have gotten stomped in New England. And I honestly feel any other team in the league would only have done as well as we did if placed in that same scenario.

So we didn't look stellar as a unit in the final week against the Cards. We didn't need to. We needed to take it easy, and, playing the Cards at Candlestick, we were in a good position to do so. Our bye week wasn't even sealed.

We're gonna look good on Saturday.
good post, i will try to be more objective moving foward
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Brady threw the ball 65 times. Pats weren't getting much done with their run game.
well like i said,, i probably was wrong. thank you. i thought they had some little white guy who busted off some big runs but maybe not

Okay, I've booked it. Are you saying Kap will get hurt, play badly, or Alex has regained the starting spot?
well like i said,, i probably was wrong. thank you. i thought they had some little white guy who busted off some big runs but maybe not

Woodhead had some success (12 rushes/65 yards) but that was when we were getting gassed from their no huddle and we expected them to pass. Speaking of which the 49ers need to prepare for the 2 min vs. GB.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Okay, I've booked it. Are you saying Kap will get hurt, play badly, or Alex has regained the starting spot?
i hate going down this well traveled and worn out road but what the hell. alex only plays if ck gets hurt, if ck plays poorly, he has chalked up enough capitol this year in terms of good play, coach will let him play him self out of it like he did vs the cards. i understand the importance of this game and this is not the cards but that is how i look at the "alex factor"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Woodhead had some success (12 rushes/65 yards) but that was when we were getting gassed from their no huddle and we expected them to pass. Speaking of which the 49ers need to prepare for the 2 min vs. GB.
thats it, i knew it was some guy with a odd name, thank you. 65 yards is not tragic. i would be upset if the little used car salesman gets that much on us and we need to tackle him on those dump off and screens.. on the other hand i wonder and hope roman gets james involved somehow

thats it, i knew it was some guy with a odd name, thank you. 65 yards is not tragic. i would be upset if the little used car salesman gets that much on us and we need to tackle him on those dump off and screens.. on the other hand i wonder and hope roman gets james involved somehow

I'm sure we're not overlooking him. Like I said, it's the no huddle I'm worried about. Especially early in the game.
i was gonna go but i have a bummed out knee.

I wouldn't go unless I'm confident that my team will win.
Pack is beat up. OLine is a mess, WRs are on crutches, and after a beating by our DLine and hard-hitting DBs they'll go crying home to Momma.
Rodgers is on fire, we CANNOT let him get comfy out there.
I really wish Alex was out there dinkin and dunkin, scoring points, keeping our D fresh and Rodgers OFF the field.
Share 49ersWebzone