LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Yesterday, when I heard the homer of all homers, Trent Dilfer say GB by a nose (because Kaep wouldn't be able to read all the blitzes on 3 and 6+) I was depressed -- If Dilfer (who called Hostler a "superstar" coordinator, loves Alex, and loved Baalke when he was hired) predicted GB, I was like :(

Today, when I heard that Cowboy practiced for the 4th straight day, my frown turned upside down :)
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Yesterday, when I heard the homer of all homers, Trent Dilfer say GB by a nose (because Kaep wouldn't be able to read all the blitzes on 3 and 6+) I was depressed -- If Dilfer (who called Hostler a "superstar" coordinator, loves Alex, and loved Baalke when he was hired) predicted GB, I was like :(

Today, when I heard that Cowboy practiced for the 4th straight day, my frown turned upside down :)

If you remember Dilfer did say he really sucks at predictions as seen by his horrible prediction record.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

If you remember Dilfer did say he really sucks at predictions as seen by his horrible prediction record.

Did he say that?

After he said GB, I got despondent and didn't really hear much more after that.

Well, that makes me feel a little better then
Kap is going to start off slow as always, were going to get behind and lose.

Did he say that?

After he said GB, I got despondent and didn't really hear much more after that.

Well, that makes me feel a little better then

Ya right as the interview ended. No matter, predictions mean exactly squat.
We will win, theres no time for doubt. You lost the game before stepping on the field if there is any doubt.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by father49er:
Okay, I've booked it. Are you saying Kap will get hurt, play badly, or Alex has regained the starting spot?
i hate going down this well traveled and worn out road but what the hell. alex only plays if ck gets hurt, if ck plays poorly, he has chalked up enough capitol this year in terms of good play, coach will let him play him self out of it like he did vs the cards. i understand the importance of this game and this is not the cards but that is how i look at the "alex factor"

I agree. Alex Smith only plays if Kap gets the deer in the headlights look and can't produce or gets hurt or the game is so out of reach, Alex is put in to clean up. But I doubt any backup qb will be cleaning up this game.
50-50
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Kap is going to start off slow as always, were going to get behind and lose.

You mean like how he started slowly in the Bears and Saints games?
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Get ready to see our team turn things up to 11. I really believe we're going to see a new level of intensity.

God I hope so.

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i will say this, i was more worried about the saints last year at home than the pack this year at home

I'm the opposite. I really believed we were going to be the saints. This year we have way too many questions going into the playoffs so I'm feeling 50/50 right now.

Nah I was more worried about the Saints. They had a slightly better D than this year's Pack, more weapons on offense, better o-Line, and better running game.

Despite how we're playing as of late, I'm not quite as worried this time around. Plus we've been there before, which I think is important.
I'm worried only because idk what 49ers team we will see this game, is it the team that played them in week 1? the team that played the Saints? the Pats? or is it the team that we saw against Seattle? or the Giants? Or Rams?

We were on the road for the saints and Pats and we kicked their butts. The Giants game we were at home and got our butts killed, with Alex tho.

That brings us to the Seattle Road game, well we were on the road, so any NFL team can lose anytime on the road, and That was Seattle's Super Bowl game, and they really had to win that game and they have not lost a game at home, so in hinds sight we really should have lost that game and we did.

That brings us to the two Rams games, and I think both those games were strange games, and both could have gone either way, we could have won both those games, or lost both those game, the fact that we lost one and tied one speaks for it self. if Alex does not get hurt and if CK does not make a late TO we could have won both games. I would forget both those games.

Heres how I see it, I think Seattle's awesome season comes to an end on Sunday in Atlanta. Seattle is hurt and tired, and must travel deep south east. Seattle is not the same team on the road, as you saw in Washington, plus back to back east coast games are killer. Atlanta wins this game.

The 49ers should win vs Green Bay, were at home and have a weeks rest that we needed very very bad. The 49ers will not lay an egg on defense like they did vs the Giants at home or the Rams with a weeks rest and being a playoff game and one and done if we lose.

Where we can lose is if our running game does not work, CK can not get us in the RZ and we can't score TD'S. Kicking FG'S will not work for us in this game. We score 30 points or more and we should win. We score under 24 points and I think we lose.

Get a run game going, score some TD's early do not settle for FG's and put a lot of pressure on Aaron Rodgers and make him hurt and pay and I think the 49ers go to Atlanta for the NFC Championship game.

Miss a few FG's let Aaron Rodgers get in a pace early and get up on us we could be in for a long day. I hope I am wrong.
Originally posted by dobophile:
I met some GB fans the other day. Best fans in the world. I just hope for a good game and good times. I wish them only the best and I'll be cheering my head off when they win the Lombardi.

Classy organization from top to bottom. I hope Jed York is taking notes on them. Id love to be like the packers. Such a rich tradition. I too will root for them in yhe Super Bowl
Im confident we win a close game. Not to worry about Kap, he is playing in front of his home crowd thats a plus for a rookie in his first playoff game. JH & GR have to call a good game and put kap in the best position to make a play. Greenbay isn't the same team from week one Rogers has that offense clicking as good as any in the leage, but our defense matchs up very effectively , so as long as we dont have second half new england melt down WE WIN.
SF...23 GB ...20
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Cant find any data out there on just past two seasons, and I'm too lazy to do math, but it would stand to reason the best W-L over the last 2 seasons would be Mike Smith, Belichick, McCarthy, Harbs would be right there with them.

To further back up your claim. Granted its just 2 seasons of work, but among active coaches, Harbaugh has the highest career winning percentange at .766, Belichick is at .726, with Smith at .700 Wiki Source....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_head_coaches

Thanks! Incredible that some Niner fans are pissed at him, isn't it.

No. Not really all that incredible. The first SB I ever watched was in 85. I was a niner fan from then on. No, I'm not fairweather, I was 9, give me some slack. People that were around for the days of Walsh, Joe, Steve, Seifert, we remember those times. Us and Dallas. Us and GB. A dynasty. As fans, we didnt come into a season wondering if we would win the division, we wondered if we would be the 1 or 2 seed and how which archrival could be us and how. 11-4-1 never would have been acceptable, ever. 0-1-1 against the Rams? We would have been calling for heads to roll.

I like Harbaugh I do. I think he will lead us back to where we belong, not among the elite, but THE elite team in the NFL. Eddies team. The team that thought perfect was the ultimate goal. Not just winning, not just SuperBowls, but being perfect in what they did. Rice, Lott, the greatest this game has ever known. The greatest teams ever.

Thats why some question Harbaugh. We're not that team, those teams. Can we be? Damn, I hope so, I miss those days.

For some of our fans to be upset at our record and at Harbaugh is good. It gives us balance. We have the posters that think he is the 2nd coming of Walsh, we have those who threw him under the bus after last years NFCC game. We need those who remember who were, the pride that we had. Not the years of Erickson, Nolan and Sing. However, they need to know that a team like we had comes across once in a lifetime, we've had two. Think of how the Browns would feel with a year like ours?

We've swallowed a bitter pill being Niner Faithfull for the last decade, and for some, they think its just more of the same. Remember, we were great, we will be great. I hope its Harbaugh that takes us there, and I have faith that crazy b*****d will. But for those that dont. More power to them, we've been mislead for so many years, its easy to be bitter. Let us win a SB, and then another, and then they will come around. I dont disrespect any that wish to wait that long. Just have FAITH.
Share 49ersWebzone