LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Our fans are a bunch of pussies. We were frightened when we played the patriots too. We truly are the whiners.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Our fans are a bunch of pussies. We were frightened when we played the patriots too. We truly are the whiners.

You make me feel bad about myself. Your words hurt.
Their Oline is a complete joke, no excuse why we shouldn't get pressure
I haven't posted on here for years. I do have to say this. The Niners should win for a number of reasons. First, they are a team that is driven by the lights. They thrive on the big stage most of the time. They will be at home so this will aid them tremendously. They want to redeem themselves for last year so the fire will be there more than ever. The Packers have been there. They aren't fighting to go to their first superbowl. That doesn't mean they won't be motivated but it won't be on the same level.

Get ready for a great game. This should be one we will all enjoy. Justin Smith or not
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Their Oline is a complete joke, no excuse why we shouldn't get pressure
i am thinking brooks will have a big game
Get ready to see our team turn things up to 11. I really believe we're going to see a new level of intensity.
27-24
My gut:

1. CK will come to play. He's fearless. He's progressed in each game that he's played. Obviously his play will be key.

2. The WRs and TEs will need to step up. Crabtree will be solid, but the others will need to help out. VD is not a great route runner, which is why the deep pass doesn't always find him, but if he can be found on the short to medium route (and doesn't try to do too much) it'll be great. DW has to shore up his reliability catching; he'll be needed. Moss will be there to mentor; I don't expect him to light it up. Don't know what to make of AJ. Depending on how the game progresses, Celek will contribute with some solid 3rd down conversions when needed.

3. FG will not carry the team in this game. He will get carries and have an average game; Much short of 100yds. LMJ will be the X-factor and will accumulate more yds than FG. A breakout game, of sorts.

4. The defense's performance will depend on how they do in their first two series. If they stop the Packers, they will get stronger as the game progresses. I believe that their confidence was shaken with their poor performance against NE and, especially, Seattle. It's only natural to have doubt creep in. If they become tentative, the game will degenerate into a shoot out. The Niners will have to practice ball control. I believe that they can do that (like the long third quarter drive against the Saints); short passes to LMJ, Celek, Crabtree. Gore up the middle.

5. ST play will be critical. Any mistakes will doom the Niners. Ginn is a big liability. Fingers crossed that he doesn't blow it.

6. LUCK and officiating will play a big part in this game and may decide the outcome if the defense cannot find its Mojo.

A general observation that may not impact this game as much as any future game: I feel that the Niners as presently constructed are not built for the long haul. Because of choice, or poor depth, their starters play too many snaps through the season and get worn down by play-off time. Especially the defense; they are not at their best right now. A lot will depend on how much the extra week's rest helps out in this regard.

If #1 and #2 come to pass (feel that they will), I feel real good about the Niners chances.

That's how I feel. Now, bring it on!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Confident BUT

a). A lot depends on the Game Plan - we need to Gore them to death

b). We MUST pressure Rodgers every single sanp - even if it's a run play we have to hit him, bump him, harrass him

c). We CAN"T let them back in the game if we get ahead - Huge mistake in the Pats game

d). More true WCO football, short quick slants to set up deep throws.

Confident BUT!

Same here......all..except I want a big play down-field every now and then to keep then honest at LOS.. NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
we do not go to super bowls to lose

Exactly, were 5-0 in SBs...we just don't lose in super bowl games...
100% confident were gonna win this Saturday against the Packs..
34-21 Niners.......
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Confident BUT

b). We MUST pressure Rodgers every single sanp - even if it's a run play we have to hit him, bump him, harrass him

c). We CAN"T let them back in the game if we get ahead - Huge mistake in the Pats game

Confident BUT!

Same here......all..except I want a big play down-field every now and then to keep then honest at LOS.. NINERS!!
bullet point number one is so key,, i hope roman understands what most posters seem to understand. lets make sure we tackle the little used car salesman when he comes out of the back field, he gashed the vikes i thought.
I think people forget that we came off a thought-impossible road win against New England and limped into Seattle in attempt to pull off a feat no other team has this season, and we did this in a span of a week. If we'd played Seattle first we would have gotten stomped in New England. And I honestly feel any other team in the league would only have done as well as we did if placed in that same scenario.

So we didn't look stellar as a unit in the final week against the Cards. We didn't need to. We needed to take it easy, and, playing the Cards at Candlestick, we were in a good position to do so. Our bye week wasn't even sealed.

We're gonna look good on Saturday.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
Really?
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Confident BUT

Confident BUT!

bullet point number one is so key,, i hope roman understands what most posters seem to understand. lets make sure we tackle the little used car salesman when he comes out of the back field, he gashed the vikes i thought.

He's pretty good for a car salesman..LOL..I think they tackle him. What you think; does Justin need help on his end, and anyway to give to him without taking Aldon out of his game?

There's a big difference between the Vikings middle linebackers and the Niners middle linebackers. I can imagine the Packers testing the left side, but I can't see them doing a lot of damage.
Share 49ersWebzone