LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

David Akers injury revealed...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Maiocco
‏@MaioccoCSN 49ers kicker David Akers reveals he had surgery for double sports hernia in February.

Um...ouch.
Well, that explains a lot
Jesus. I dont know if Akers disclosed that to the 49ers or not.....nor do I know if I hope he did or didnt. lol
I guess that qualifies as ....how did Harbaugh put it....

"working through something".
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
February?? that's almost a year joto!
of course he reveals it once the regular seasons done
Why the eff did they not have a backup plan ready earlier then this???
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
This may explain why they don't want to release him and are willing to go with 2 kickers. They think he'll eventually be fine.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Why the eff did they not have a backup plan ready earlier then this???

That's what I am thinking. They are really between a rock and a hard place now. Should maybe have taken a more proactive route if they knew this, which I think they probably did considering Harbaughs "working through something" comments.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
should have cut him a long time ago then.

David Akers will kick the game winning FG in the Super Bowl
geeze Idk why we let him play!!! cmon Harbaugh you should know better...akers isn't Justin smith!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
so they knew about this for a year. they should have had a plan b in place. instead they wait, hope he is ok and then find out in the most crucial time of the year he is not ok and now we are scrambling here at the most important time of the year. i am so sick of JH and his 'working through something" b******t. of course he will get protected here, he always does
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
geeze Idk why we let him play!!! cmon Harbaugh you should know better...akers isn't Justin smith!

but Jh is god
Originally posted by cciowa:
so they knew about this for a year. they should have had a plan b in place. instead they wait, hope he is ok and then find out in the most crucial time of the year he is not ok and now we are scrambling here at the most important time of the year. i am so sick of JH and his 'working through something" b******t. of course he will get protected here, he always does

at the end of the day we made it through the reg season. #2 seed, same as last year. i'm not happy with the missed kicks this year. what is it 13 or so? he missed 8 last year too and those annoyed me. however going into the playoffs i'm wiping the slate clean with whoever gets the nod. crosby from the packers ( our likely opponent) is hitting 63% of his this year and is coming of a stretch recently where he missed at least 1 in 8 straight games.
Share 49ersWebzone