LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Bring back Moss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Should Moss be brought back next year and does he get any credit for crabs recent success?
Yes, the reasons:

1) not a diva anymore
2) provides good leadership and experience (ex: telling vernon davis in the NE game not to worry about his catching numbers and to just keep blocking)
3) provides mentorship to young wrs
4) sometimes still commands double teams
5) he still has the skillsets IMO, he is still a deep & intermediate threat. Moss was open for a TD burning his CB in the last Cards game. Kaep was just late on his throw or else that was an easy TD.

bring him back for 1 more year!
[ Edited by ginseng1000 on Jan 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Yes and Absolutely Yes. Crabs even said so himself.
Yes please. He's a bargain, a player and a coach all at the same time. I don't think its a coincidence that Crabtree finally turned the corner the year that Moss showed up. He's been a better locker room presence than anyone could have imagined at the start of the year.

When your quarterback and #1 WR seem to have a very good relationship with a highly experienced and still effective veteran, its a good idea to hold on to him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM ]
If Moss is brought back, then I can see the same WR group remains intact for next year and yet some might believe we still need help at the wideout position.
Yeah definitely! He's still talented and it's good to see him dressed as 49er. Sure would be nice if he can get the ring too
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jan 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM ]
Yep, bring him back. As far as I am concerned, he has a place on this roster until our fourth WR pushes him out of playing time. (never going to happen)
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
If Moss is brought back, then I can see the same WR group remains intact for next year and yet some might believe we still need help at the wideout position.

With the injury Manningham suffered, combined with Williams injury, its basically a must to at least add some depth and with all the picks they have this year, there's no reason not to get at least one more WR.
It depends, if he makes a difference in the playoffs bring him back. If he puts up 2-24 stats we can get that anywhere.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It depends, if he makes a difference in the playoffs bring him back. If he puts up 2-24 stats we can get that anywhere.

There is no guarantee manningham or williams or both come back as themselves by the start of next year. Jenkins is still a mystery. Why not bring moss back despite the numbers hes putting up right now? If we get rid of moss and any of the above happens in a negative way, the bret swain's of the world are back in 49er uniforms.

• iohk
  • Veteran
Randy moss is on the niners because he loves weed and the lenient SF weed laws, seriously im not kidding. he will be back
yes! esp. if we draft a WR of his caliber such as justin hunter. i would love to keep him around and then become our WR coach after retirement. ive never been a fan of morton
Why not? He ain't what he used to be but he provides knowledge and leadership he can share with the younger guys. And he's not a bad 3rd wideout.
Originally posted by iohk:
Randy moss is on the niners because he loves weed and the lenient SF weed laws, seriously im not kidding. he will be back

For what they'd probably pay him, why not.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by iohk:

For what they'd probably pay him, why not.

u think im kidding
Share 49ersWebzone