Bring back Moss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by LVJay:
no moss no mas

"I don't shine shoes"

sucks that I got a custom made moss is boss sweater and a sign that said moss this moss that they wouldnt let me take into the game and was gonna try agin this year. lol but I cant afford these ridiculous resale tickets anyway
lol, i feel your pain, dude....

"I don't tape ankles, I don't cut checks"
Based on our current situation I would. I don't trust what we have. We are going to rely on AJ Jenkins, Locket and Patton?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Based on our current situation I would. I don't trust what we have. We are going to rely on AJ Jenkins, Locket and Patton?

The arguement is valid but he would be a Band Aid once again and we still would not get a good look at what we have and whether we should continue to develop them or cut bait. Moss served his purpose last season as the placeholder for AJ and Boldin was going to do it in his own way this year but it is about time for the young guys to contribute We have so many weapons personnel groupings and formations to where any one of the youngsters wont have to be a bell cow like Frank Gore has been. They should do just fine for what we will ask them to do which is to replace Crabtree by committee until some of our vets get healed
Originally posted by willtalk:
Last year Moss had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. That he could still play at a high level. He came to the Niner's with a lot of enthusiasm at the start of the season but that disappeared as the season wore on till he was nothing but apathetic at the end. Well this year he hasn't even decided if he even wants to play. If he starts out apathetic, how much lower will his desire and effort end up as.

i kind of agree with this. ...plus, IMO he burned bridges here during super bowl week. when he started talking about being the greatest ever, it was just as good as complaining about his role.
then, his no effort to track down kaep's int in the freakin super boel sealed his fate with the team- mark my words. it was his last game here.
Moss >> Lloyd at this point
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Moss >> Lloyd at this point

Lol if they sign Llyod back on the team, my Llyod jersey becomes relevant again
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The arguement is valid but he would be a Band Aid once again and we still would not get a good look at what we have and whether we should continue to develop them or cut bait. Moss served his purpose last season as the placeholder for AJ and Boldin was going to do it in his own way this year but it is about time for the young guys to contribute We have so many weapons personnel groupings and formations to where any one of the youngsters wont have to be a bell cow like Frank Gore has been. They should do just fine for what we will ask them to do which is to replace Crabtree by committee until some of our vets get healed

We'll see during preseason. I trust the staff, if they think our current guys can do it, then I'd rather go with who we have. We'll have Williams and Manningham back pretty early in the season. Also, Lockett and AJ have practiced with Kap quite a bit and might surprise us.
Share 49ersWebzone