There are 184 users in the forums

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Originally posted by rondoman:
What about Mike Martz?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Shurmur all the way!!!
Originally posted by ForThe_Niners:
Didn't Harbaugh credit Chryst for the last playcalling series against the Saints in the playoffs last year? Vernon Post was pretty awesome to me

I'm not rooting for Chryst but I'd like someone who's able to utilize our passing attack way better than Roman's doing at the moment!

Go back and watch some video of the 1999 Chargers and the offensive playcalling in particular, if that is the kind of offense you want for the 49ers, then Chryst is absolutely your man. I will say there's a very good reason that his name is practically a 4 letter word amongst Chargers fan.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Shurmur all the way!!!

I think he's a great choice, the problem is that he'd be gone in 2 years. He didn't get a fair shake in Cleveland and if he has even a modicum of success, teams will be kicking down doors to bring him in. He likes to fully utilize the rushing attack but is also competent calling the passing game. I'd be quite content with him, I just hope they add another coach that can develop to take over the reigns when he bounces.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM ]
Shurmur will follow Reid wherever he goes
move Chryst up to OC, and hire Chris Ault as QB coach
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by rondoman:
What about Mike Martz?

i cant stop laughing.......that's exactly how i feel about mm returning
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
move Chryst up to OC, and hire Chris Ault as QB coach

Might as well bring back Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler too if the goal is mediocrity.
how about jeremy bates? he's a great QB developer and does good things with cutler as passer (even with that lousy OLine) plus know how pete carroll works on his players and thats an advantage when we face 'em next season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whats the chances of Roman leaving this year anyway?? I haven't really seen his name included in any teams choices except Philly.

Samurai Mike. I want winners!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Whats the chances of Roman leaving this year anyway?? I haven't really seen his name included in any teams choices except Philly.

I think a college job is still his most likely departure point.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I'll take Chris Ault to install the pistol full-time, and finally bring it to the NFL. Time to start innovating in SF once again.

I'm with you on this for the same reason. It's the wave of the future, you either get on it or get left behind. He knows the system and the QB. It would be a great fit!
The pistol is just like every other wave of the future.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Agreed.

Anyone who wants Norv, after seeing how different and flat out BETTER our offense is with Greg Roman, is a moron.

Norv is not going to match the kind of creativity that is helping us win games at the moment.

What creativity????? He runs a bunch of gimmicks that 90% of the time don't work. He was a college running game coordinator, he does fine with the running game, he's absolute s**t when it comes to the passing game. At least Turner is an accomplished guy who can call both the run and the pass.

How did that creativity help against the Vikings, the Rams(both games), the Seahawks, the Giants....etc. He has no balance, no idea of how to properly call a game, he runs when he should pass, he passes when he should run, like in the Minnesota game. In the Rams game, the cornerbacks were playing off the WR's by about 10 yards, so what does he do? Runs the ball up the middle over and over so Gore can get his ass kicked. BRB, call an option play with Ted Ginn who has caught 1 pass the entire year, at the end of the game, up by 8, backed up against your own endzone.

This team is winning and has been winning largely as a result of their defense, when the defense isn't up to the task, the 49ers get slaughtered because the offense can't handle the burden because the playcalling is garbage.

The win/loss record speaks for itself.

You want to go from all of our innovative uses of motion & personnel to... Norv Turner and the digit system.

We took two steps forward, and now you want us to take three steps back.

If we're winning 12 games a year, 90% of the time his playcalling IS working duder.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Agreed.

Anyone who wants Norv, after seeing how different and flat out BETTER our offense is with Greg Roman, is a moron.

Norv is not going to match the kind of creativity that is helping us win games at the moment.

What creativity????? He runs a bunch of gimmicks that 90% of the time don't work. He was a college running game coordinator, he does fine with the running game, he's absolute s**t when it comes to the passing game. At least Turner is an accomplished guy who can call both the run and the pass.

How did that creativity help against the Vikings, the Rams(both games), the Seahawks, the Giants....etc. He has no balance, no idea of how to properly call a game, he runs when he should pass, he passes when he should run, like in the Minnesota game. In the Rams game, the cornerbacks were playing off the WR's by about 10 yards, so what does he do? Runs the ball up the middle over and over so Gore can get his ass kicked. BRB, call an option play with Ted Ginn who has caught 1 pass the entire year, at the end of the game, up by 8, backed up against your own endzone.

This team is winning and has been winning largely as a result of their defense, when the defense isn't up to the task, the 49ers get slaughtered because the offense can't handle the burden because the playcalling is garbage.

The win/loss record speaks for itself.

You want to go from all of our innovative uses of motion & personnel to... Norv Turner and the digit system.

We took two steps forward, and now you want us to take three steps back.

If we're winning 12 games a year, 90% of the time his playcalling IS working duder.

Some people dont get that the 10% is often run just to set up the other 90% as well...

Not every play is going to go for a TD some are just there to change pace, offer different looks, or sell the D on a tendancy that isnt really there.
Share 49ersWebzone