There are 187 users in the forums

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Hue Jackson did some really good things for Oakland. I don't know what system he comes from but he is pretty good
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Geep chrysler dodge
I voted for Geep, but I'd want them to bring in Ault as an assistant.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is jimmy ray still alive?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hard to say.
Bob Saget
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hard to say.

Actually...LOL.....I think I heard he's in line to become the GM of the Chargers!?!

Can that be the same Jimmy Raye?

EDIT: Nope...its his SON that's up for the job.

http://www.chargers.com/team/staff/jimmy-raye/d404d273-aaaf-4c70-9039-a1bb35f1fe8b
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM ]
Trestman please
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If he's fired, I'd like to see Marty Mornhinweg as our offensive coordinator. He's got ties to SF as he was previously the OC under Mooch.

Harbaugh likes to delegate specific responsibilities to his assistant coaches. Johnnie Morton calls the passing plays, Roman calls the running plays, and Chryst runs the red-zone plays.

Our biggest weaknesses right now is creating a more dangerous passing game, especially with screen passes. We have dangerous RBs in Hunter and James that can really add a new dimension to our offense as the Brian Westbrook type weapon. Strip Morton of the pass play calling duties, let Mornhinweg take over that role, and let Rathman call the running plays.

Since Harbaugh ultimately relays the plays to Kaepernick, he'll have final say on the plays. So we'll be able to still run the ball, but add new wrinkles to our passing game that will help utilize the talent on our team.
Hue Jackson is an assistant coach for the Bengals I believe.

Originally posted by GEEK:
If he's fired, I'd like to see Marty Mornhinweg as our offensive coordinator. He's got ties to SF as he was previously the OC under Mooch.

Harbaugh likes to delegate specific responsibilities to his assistant coaches. Johnnie Morton calls the passing plays, Roman calls the running plays, and Chryst runs the red-zone plays.

Our biggest weaknesses right now is creating a more dangerous passing game, especially with screen passes. We have dangerous RBs in Hunter and James that can really add a new dimension to our offense as the Brian Westbrook type weapon. Strip Morton of the pass play calling duties, let Mornhinweg take over that role, and let Rathman call the running plays.

Since Harbaugh ultimately relays the plays to Kaepernick, he'll have final say on the plays. So we'll be able to still run the ball, but add new wrinkles to our passing game that will help utilize the talent on our team.

Hell no to Marty. I have seen enough of Marty throughout the years to know I do not want him near the 49ers. His offenses always underachieved and his playcalling never seemed to ultilize his best players.
West coast pistol...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Alex Smith

I have always thought that Smith's long term goal was to be a coach.
What about Mike Martz?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I'll take Chris Ault to install the pistol full-time, and finally bring it to the NFL. Time to start innovating in SF once again.

I'm with you on this for the same reason. It's the wave of the future, you either get on it or get left behind. He knows the system and the QB. It would be a great fit!
chip kelly. OH SNAPS
Share 49ersWebzone