LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Hire this guy!

He can install the Triangle Offense!

lol
Holmgren
Looks like Andy Reid is landing with the Chiefs.
Almost all of you are giving Roman way too much credit for the offense, regardless of how you view it.

It's a Harbaugh offense. He puts the game plans together with Roman, and ultimately has veto power over every play run.

Harbaugh and Turner don't even run the same naming system, let alone share an offensive philosophy. Harbaugh would likely promote from within if Roman left.
I'd just like an OC who can put together a competent passing game themselves and not overlook the run game. One guy to run the offense, along with Harbaugh. Not the three-headed monster we currently have.

We've got to get more of our receivers involved in the passing game and stop burning so many time outs because of the time it is taking for plays to get in.
Also, as far as the pistol being the wave of the future, I have a wait and see attitude. People thought the same of the Wildcat. Right now offenses are ahead of the defenses, but give it one or two offseasons. The defenses WILL catch up (it's the nature of the game), and we will see how the pistol offense looks in 2014.
I think people are under the impression that teams are going to go all in for the Pistol. No way. It will simply be another formation out of which teams run some of the time just like it was in the last Cardinals game. You saw how they used it. They ran out of the pro set the lion's share of the snaps and went to the Pistol now and then.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think people are under the impression that teams are going to go all in for the Pistol. No way. It will simply be another formation out of which teams run some of the time just like it was in the last Cardinals game. You saw how they used it. They ran out of the pro set the lion's share of the snaps and went to the Pistol now and then.

This. Bring in Ault as an assistant, but he needs to put in some serious time and diversify his base of offense before getting the reigns as an OC. Shurmer was a bad man as an OC. I don't know what a Chryst, Solari, or Drevno offense would look like, but I'm pretty sure Rathman doesn't want to coordinate.

Pretty sure a Tolzien/Chryst offense could perform miracles
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
Hire this guy!

lol

Basketball is such a sorry ass sport. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have to endure Laker fans. Might feel different if I lived somewhere else.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Hire this guy!

lol

Basketball is such a sorry ass sport. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have to endure Laker fans. Might feel different if I lived somewhere else.

Basketball is a sport that is all about the superstar and not the team.

Originally posted by ForThe_Niners:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What exactly do you like about him? What in regards to his playcalling philosophy and gamecalling abilities do you think would benefit this team?

Didn't Harbaugh credit Chryst for the last playcalling series against the Saints in the playoffs last year? Vernon Post was pretty awesome to me

I'm not rooting for Chryst but I'd like someone who's able to utilize our passing attack way better than Roman's doing at the moment!

I think Harbaugh only credited him for the play design of Vernon Post.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by ForThe_Niners:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What exactly do you like about him? What in regards to his playcalling philosophy and gamecalling abilities do you think would benefit this team?

Didn't Harbaugh credit Chryst for the last playcalling series against the Saints in the playoffs last year? Vernon Post was pretty awesome to me

I'm not rooting for Chryst but I'd like someone who's able to utilize our passing attack way better than Roman's doing at the moment!

I think Harbaugh only credited him for the play design of Vernon Post.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Hearing Stanford OC Pep Hamilton meeting w Va Tech today. It'd be a lateral move but VT may make substantial offer for more $$

Interesting time for Pep Hamilton: Stanford's hot; VT has intriguing talent in Logan Thomas & he's in mix for NFL OC jobs
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
Hire this guy!

lol

Haters gon hate.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Hire this guy!

lol

Haters gon hate.

We all know that Jackson wouldnt come anyway. He would need to get Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson first.
Share 49ersWebzone