There are 265 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

if we don't have to play Seattle, we got a shot.
I still have total faith that we'll win it......IF we have a healthy Justin Smith...injuries to mario and Vernon do hurt though.
ALL IN 4 CK7!!!!!
nope
Anything's possible...just look at the last few weeks. After NE beat down Houston, they were dubbed THE team to beat for the SB. Next week we beat NE and the Niners were THE team to beat. Now Seattle cleans our clock and all of a sudden THEY are a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. The Pack is showing off their offense again...Atlanta's recent playoff history's not good, but their potent offense and improved defense just might change their luck. 'Skins are a HOT team. Houston still has tons of talent. BL: it's hard to say who'll win the SB. Niners with Justin Smith are dangerous...without him, not so much. Lots of late season injuries...but somehow you have to rise above that if you're going to be a serious SB contender. We'll see...
I wount count it out, but it isnt reasonable to think we will win it not matter what. Too many things play into it; injuries, opponent status, etc. I think we have a shot, which is nice. I think we have less a shot without Justin Smith. Our WR situation is less than desirable right now. I would take Kendall Hunter over LMJ any day as well.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I wount count it out, but it isnt reasonable to think we will win it not matter what. Too many things play into it; injuries, opponent status, etc. I think we have a shot, which is nice. I think we have less a shot without Justin Smith. Our WR situation is less than desirable right now. I would take Kendall Hunter over LMJ any day as well.

Where do you see him fitting in, in the future?
I wish I felt we did, and I honestly thought so coming into this year, unfortunately with so much up in the air at this point, going into week 17, I dont see it happening. I hope I am dead wrong though. There is just too much IMO that is just inconsistent at this point. The constant failing to get plays in on time, the using of timeouts to avoid delay of game penalties, the fact we are the 5th most penalized team in the league and this is going into the last week of the season. I love Kap, but the switch should have been made at the beginning of the season or not at all. You dont go through "growing pains" and "learning experiences" in the last couple weeks of a Super Bowl aspiration season. The fact that even before Smiths injury Kap was constantly being put in to the game and disrupting the flow we had makes me believe Harbaugh was looking for any way to eventually have Kap start. I dont know how I feel about Harbs yet. I loved him last year, but everything went right. Judging coaches in times of losing is the real key. Hell even Sing had us start that one season 3-0 and almost 4-0 before that crushing loss to Favre and the Vikings. I am not saying Harbs equals Sing. Sing was a horrible HC and Harbs is a good head coach, but if he is great has yet to be determined IMO.

My one hope is they get everything on track during the Cards game and can ride that wave into the postseason, getting stronger as they go on.

The Packers are the team I fear the most, they are getting healthy just in time for the postseason getting Matthews, Woodson, Jennings, Nelson back while we are getting important guys hurt at the wrong time of the year. I know its just mainly the luck of the draw, but if you are getting guys hurt, you would rather have it happen early and not at the end of the year.

Ok, end rant, I see I was all over the place.
[ Edited by rondoman on Dec 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM ]
I still think we can. Especially if we get that #2 seed.

Defense can rest and regroup and we can go on a run.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Where do you see him fitting in, in the future?

Same place as now, Change of pace back and returner. He looks decent, better than I expected after he couldnt crack the gameday roster for most of the season. But he isnt as strong on Hunter. (At least this season)

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Per Brent Jones it's all on the D:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/12/inside-the-49ers/brent-jones-this-team-will-not-win-the-super-bowl-unless-the-defense-carries-them/

The part that stands out to me is that he mentions Rathman going out on taxas routes and that the niners need to do more of that. That really frustrates me because I think most of us here have been asking the same thing. Where are screens? Where are wheel routes to the FB? Where are hook routes by RBs. We have really no creativity in the short passing game despite having some of the best backs that are capable of doing it.

Bruce Miller could be really solid out there and if he can learn to punish tacklers the offense would have just another element added. LaMike is almost a clone of Sproles and should be used on screens out of the backfield. I'm shocked that we are supposed to have a west coast offense, yet we just basically run a little more advanced version of the Jimmy Raye playbook. It's maddening.

Just had a thought after writing this. I wonder if "Tommy" has a goal to become an OC. I would LOVE to give him that shot. The man played RB under Walsh so I would think he would know how to incorporate our guys into the plan. I would be willing to bet that he would bring an offense like what we have all waited for. Harbaugh said he wants that style of passing attack so it wouldn't surprise me.

I totally agree. Using the FB and RB on passes in the end zone, along with the TE's and WR's---someone has to be open. Kaep won't have much time, the pass rush will be on him, so he has to get the ball to the receiver. Red Zone offense can and should be a lot better--this is almost two years under harbaugh now--red zone should be better executed.
Originally posted by socalniner:
if we don't have to play Seattle, we got a shot.

I would LOVE to see Seattle again in our house, especially with Justin Smith. Seattle has won 2 games in opposing teams' stadium all year. They barely won in OT in Chicago during the period when Chicago was sucking and they barely won in Carolina while they were getting off to that atrocious start. If we got them again where it wasn't our 4th road game in 5 weeks, we didn't just play 92 snaps of defense the week prior on the other side of the country, and they can't get away with their usual Qwest b******t like Wilson throwing TD passes when the playclock expired, calling a penalty on Culliver for trying to bring a guy to the ground (which turned a stalled drive into a TD drive), etc. we will smack them in the mouth.
And you guys wonder why people call us the forty-whiners?

All you need is a ticket to the dance.
Comparing Hunter to LMJ at this point in the latter's career is apples & oranges...Kendall's had 25 or so games under his belt...LMJ has 3. Come on, man.
Damn, they just said on NFL Live that no 3 seed has won a SB from the NFC since 1990...lettuce get dat dere 2 seed!!!! Maybe we lose to the Cards and become the 5 seed, travel to the winner of the Boys/Skins, then onto Atlanta???? I know we'd have to win 3 road games to reach the SB, but I almost like that better than having to travel to Green Bay if we end up the 3 seed...we would probably end up having to go to Green Bay regardless in the NFC Champ game in that scenario, ehhhhh
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Dec 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone